Hi SONIC3D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you very much for explaining this and too for this release !!!!!!!!!!!
I know you have it and now I understand all you said
I will buy SCPH-50009 PS2 !!!!!!!!
And something additional if you plan to purchase SCPH-50009:
1. There's only one working modchip on market for SCPH-50009 which is call Dragon or "大龙" in Chinese. It's was said being a feature modded MatrixInfinity chip, to adopt the Boot ROM and/or the Mechacon chip on 50009 model. It supports playing games in all regions, include DVD-9, include tray-open auth(disc auth after you open/close tray without power down your console). But it does NOT support CD media disc. So you cannot play PS1 games nor play PS2 games in CD disc format like ThunderForce VI.
2. You can turn off the modchip(steals mode) by press power button once and wait around 0.5 seconds and double press power button(three clicks in all). You can play DVD video by long press the power/reset button for 3 seconds(But cannot co-work with any FMCB/FHDB device activated).
3. The bad news is you can hardly get unmodded SCPH-50009 on market. So don't expect to get one with factory seal untouched from the market within quite short time.
4. The good news is that this modchip does not affect FMCB or FHDB working. And all games that released dedicatedly for SCPH-50009 are tested working in OPL.
5. PS2 BB for Japan or USA are not working on SCPH-50009. Maybe modded version can support, I have not test those modded version.
Long in short. It deserves to get one 50009 for playing as it's cheap and support FHDB, you don't have worry about if it's modchip pre-installed. And it's even precious if it's unmodded. But no PS1 games support is the most con side.