Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Xbox 360 S XDK model from... Brazil

pato

Original poster
Registered
Jan 20, 2019
Fellas, months ago i've found an interesting thing, there are marketplaces in the B2W e-commerce websites selling the XDK kits like it wasn't something WOOOW, and found out that a few are selling in MercadoLivre, our brazillian ebay.

I've bought mine and received last week, but it suddenly went RROD and had to sent it back, will receive a new one next week.

But the interesting thing is, how did they came up here? I do know that there are a few indie developers in Brazil that also developed for the X360 for their own games or even subcontractors for foreign studios, but from the information i've gathered, lots of XDKs were actually auctioned by the customs, both people who were selling this XDK model told me that it was acquired that way.

Also, the copyright and trademark paper it came in the console box had also the Anatel (our FCC) stickers in a page, so I suppose that it wasn't some kind of grey import of a unsold lot, but maybe it was Microsoft Brazil inventory that was being there for nothing and either was given to the customs to get rid, or a developer/recycle company had them but it went bankrupt or even gave it for auction.

Currently i'm awaiting the replacement model to come and will share some pictures.

pato

Original poster
Registered
Jan 20, 2019
Welp, received two days ago, but it seems that I'll have to replace the thermal paste, but nonethless, i've made a video.

Sorry for my english, I live in Brazil and rarely speaks in english.

Last edited:

Make a donation