Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

XBOX XBlast Bios compile info

XGekoX

Original poster
Jul 27, 2021
Good morning,
I write to ask for a hand to create my version of Xblast bios starting from the kindly shared source code.
On the site I saw that the ready-made machine is no longer downloadable and for this reason I ask for some clarification to understand how to act.
what version of linux should i use?
what version of gcc and what else should i install?
what command should I type to compile the bios?
thank you very much to whom will have the patience to help me

Last edited:

stuntpenguin

Donator
Donator
Registered
Dec 6, 2020
Donations
£1,000.48
AGName
stuntpenguin
AG Join Date
On the site I saw that the ready-made machine is no longer downloadable and for this reason I ask for some clarification to understand how to act.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but I must analyze everything in a very black and white manner. I want to help, but I'm not seeing a definitive problem to be solved here. Presumably you want this data archived? You're hoping someone already has it and can archive it?

I write to ask for a hand to create my version of Xblast bios starting from the kindly shared source code.

Someone shared source for these bios? Perhaps this is an active development with a public repo. I don't follow. Where is it? What does your version offer.

what version of linux should i use?

Most of the leaks I've seen compile well under XP. I'd love to see a toolchain for linux. Been working towards one myself. What are you trying to do exactly? Sounds like you want Windows itselff (XP)?

what version of gcc and what else should i install?

The standard hasn't changed a fuckton. Compile what you want in GCC. I think you want some wangblows compiler? Perhaps an M$ sponsored one? What's not compiling for you?

If you want to investigate this, be my guest. Hopefully, if any of us here put together something cool, we'll incorporate a modern build system.

You have a link to xblast bios source? What are we helping you compile here? Should we be dissuading you from using it? Why do you want these bios? are sure another actively supported bios doesn't support your needs?

XGekoX

Original poster
Jul 27, 2021
I don't mean to sound harsh, but I must analyze everything in a very black and white manner. I want to help, but I'm not seeing a definitive problem to be solved here. Presumably you want this data archived? You're hoping someone already has it and can archive it?

Someone shared source for these bios? Perhaps this is an active development with a public repo. I don't follow. Where is it? What does your version offer.

Most of the leaks I've seen compile well under XP. I'd love to see a toolchain for linux. Been working towards one myself. What are you trying to do exactly? Sounds like you want Windows itselff (XP)?

The standard hasn't changed a fuckton. Compile what you want in GCC. I think you want some wangblows compiler? Perhaps an M$ sponsored one? What's not compiling for you?

If you want to investigate this, be my guest. Hopefully, if any of us here put together something cool, we'll incorporate a modern build system.

You have a link to xblast bios source? What are we helping you compile here? Should we be dissuading you from using it? Why do you want these bios? are sure another actively supported bios doesn't support your needs?
hi,
Q-I don't mean to sound harsh, but I must analyze everything in a very black and white manner. I want to help, but I'm not seeing a definitive problem to be solved here. Presumably you want this data archived? You're hoping someone already has it and can archive it?
A-on the site there is a virtual machine ready to use, but unfortunately a package of the archive has been lost. my hope was that someone had a copy stored on the hdd

Q-Someone shared source for these bios? Perhaps this is an active development with a public repo. I don't follow. Where is it? What does your version offer.
A-the project is no longer followed but it is the only one that allows the verification of the ram during the upgrade to 128mb (in addition to other tools inside it). my goal is to find ways to make it customizable through skins and possibly add other functions and translations.
The link is:

Q-Most of the leaks I've seen compile well under XP. I'd love to see a toolchain for linux. Been working towards one myself. What are you trying to do exactly? Sounds like you want Windows itselff (XP)?
A-I just need to find a way to compile it, then I adapt to the operating system :)

Q-The standard hasn't changed a fuckton. Compile what you want in GCC. I think you want some wangblows compiler? Perhaps an M$ sponsored one? What's not compiling for you?
A-from what I understand in the latest versions of gcc they have changed the paths and for that they must be changed within the files that I have to integrate into the software ... if I understand correctly ... but I do not know what to change them

Q-If you want to investigate this, be my guest. Hopefully, if any of us here put together something cool, we'll incorporate a modern build system.
A- thanks I hope so

Q-You have a link to xblast bios source? What are we helping you compile here? Should we be dissuading you from using it? Why do you want these bios? are sure another actively supported bios doesn't support your needs?
A-the bios is a set of tools and there is not one that has the same characteristics (especially for the upgrade ram). the only variant that came out and this in the link but basically it is a universal lite version.

Make a donation