Registered
Apr 5, 2020
AGName
haliway
AG Join Date
01/01/2001
Guys,

If you look at this :

The programming manual 2nd edition is yellow. Does it mean that the first edition of this manual is the rare one whose color is more between yellow and green that comes with a blue CD instead of the more common bundle which contains a yellow manual and a yellow CD (look at the following document where a pic displays the exact colors i just mentioned http://jbkun.free.fr/wonderwitch/docs/WonderWitchFAQ.pdf) ? Or is the first edition yellow and same look as this 2nd edition ?

In the same webpage, you can see a "separate color library manual"
Is it in the yellow manual already and / or in the Wonder Witch bundle, or to buy separately ? Is it nice to have ?

Last edited:

HI_RICKY

Donator
Donator
Registered
Mar 21, 2019
AGName
HI_Ricky
AG Join Date
Jun 7, 2007
first ver for B&W , 2nd support for color too

haliway

Original poster
Registered
Apr 5, 2020
AGName
haliway
AG Join Date
01/01/2001
But is the 2nd edition part of the Wonder Witch bundle or not ?
You mean to say that "separate color library manual" is included in the second edition, right ?

SONIC3D

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jun 5, 2019
AGName
SONIC3D
AG Join Date
Oct 31, 2008
Guys,
Is it in the yellow manual already and / or in the Wonder Witch bundle, or to buy separately ? Is it nice to have ?

That is an extra document book. Not contained in 2nd press of the primary document.
Both 1st and 2nd press version of the primary documentation book is targeting on the library "libww.lib". The 1st release is bundled with the WonderWitch early release.
The extra document book is targeting on the extra library "libwwc.lib" updated in 2002.Jul.13.

I don't know if 2nd release and the extra book is ever bundled in later release of WonderWitch product.

"Is it nice to have?"
Definitely, if you want to use libwwc.lib.
But if you just want to write WonderSwan homebrew which does not depend on WonderWitch Freya BIOS, then "libwwc.lib" and this book is useless.

haliway

Original poster
Registered
Apr 5, 2020
AGName
haliway
AG Join Date
01/01/2001
That is an extra document book. Not contained in 2nd press of the primary document.
Both 1st and 2nd press version of the primary documentation book is targeting on the library "libww.lib". The 1st release is bundled with the WonderWitch early release.
The extra document book is targeting on the extra library "libwwc.lib" updated in 2002.Jul.13.

I don't know if 2nd release and the extra book is ever bundled in later release of WonderWitch product.

"Is it nice to have?"
Definitely, if you want to use libwwc.lib.
But if you just want to write WonderSwan homebrew which does not depend on WonderWitch Freya BIOS, then "libwwc.lib" and this book is useless.

OK so no bundle contains this extra document book "separate color library manual" according to what you just said. Do you know where to find it in that case ?

HI_RICKY

Donator
Donator
Registered
Mar 21, 2019
AGName
HI_Ricky
AG Join Date
Jun 7, 2007
past register member should be got it :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

SONIC3D

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jun 5, 2019
AGName
SONIC3D
AG Join Date
Oct 31, 2008
OK so no bundle contains this extra document book "separate color library manual" according to what you just said. Do you know where to find it in that case ?
It's interesting that you have posted the same question 5yrs ago...And it's got answered already...
😅

haliway

Original poster
Registered
Apr 5, 2020
AGName
haliway
AG Join Date
01/01/2001
Really ? Oh god lol... 5 years ago i stopped caring so perhaps i forgot about it quickly :(
lolllllll

SONIC3D

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jun 5, 2019
AGName
SONIC3D
AG Join Date
Oct 31, 2008
Really ? Oh god lol... 5 years ago i stopped caring so perhaps i forgot about it quickly :(
lolllllll

Then you should bring the memory back:

:coffee:

HI_RICKY

Donator
Donator
Registered
Mar 21, 2019
AGName
HI_Ricky
AG Join Date
Jun 7, 2007
😅

Last edited:

haliway

Original poster
Registered
Apr 5, 2020
AGName
haliway
AG Join Date
01/01/2001
Then you should bring the memory back:

:coffee:
Yes that was when i then decided to sell my kit. Now i have the very good idea to have one again and do stuff on a PC98.

SONIC3D

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jun 5, 2019
AGName
SONIC3D
AG Join Date
Oct 31, 2008
Yes that was when i then decided to sell my kit. Now i have the very good idea to have one again and do stuff on a PC98.

I recommend you working under Mac OS X/Linux or Win10 on a modern PC. Use syntax highlighted editor like VSCode for code writing. Use DOSBox for compiling/building program with LSI-C or Turbo-C+LASM/TASM/MASM or NASM. Run WW tools under VMWare/VirtualBox Win2000 Guest OS with a USB-Serial cable if you are not using Windows host OS.

I don't think PC98 is suitable for WW development nowadays, especially considering its poor performance. I cannot find even one reason to use it for WW development.:unsure:

HI_RICKY

Donator
Donator
Registered
Mar 21, 2019
AGName
HI_Ricky
AG Join Date
Jun 7, 2007
I recommend you working under Mac OS X/Linux or Win10 on a modern PC. Use syntax highlighted editor like VSCode for code writing. Use DOSBox for compiling/building program with LSI-C or Turbo-C+LASM/TASM/MASM or NASM. Run WW tools under VMWare/VirtualBox Win2000 Guest OS with a USB-Serial cable if you are not using Windows host OS.

I don't think PC98 is suitable for WW development nowadays, especially considering its poor performance. I cannot find even one reason to use it for WW development.:unsure:
may be PC98 have some cool graphic tool real time preview on wonderwatch.......

haliway

Original poster
Registered
Apr 5, 2020
AGName
haliway
AG Join Date
01/01/2001

For fun lol. PC98 windows you know.

SONIC3D

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jun 5, 2019
AGName
SONIC3D
AG Join Date
Oct 31, 2008
may be PC98 have some cool graphic tool real time preview on wonderwatch.......

I doubt it. All WonderWitch programs are for windows platform. So you finally have to install a win2000 for pc9801. That leaves no difference than install win2000 on an IBM-PC or virtual machine. :unsure:

For fun lol. PC98 windows you know.
That's pain, buddy... lol.😂

HI_RICKY

Donator
Donator
Registered
Mar 21, 2019
AGName
HI_Ricky
AG Join Date
Jun 7, 2007
I doubt it. All WonderWitch programs are for windows platform. So you finally have to install a win2000 for pc9801. That leaves no difference than install win2000 on an IBM-PC or virtual machine. :unsure:
some graphic and sound software PC98 only , it not for ww , but ppl still love it design

SONIC3D

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jun 5, 2019
AGName
SONIC3D
AG Join Date
Oct 31, 2008
some graphic and sound software PC98 only , it not for ww , but ppl still love it design
Got what you mean. For sound tools targetting on retro hardware, PC98 indeed has many applications to play.:cool: (y)

Make a donation