Saturn Too dark image on composite and s-video. Model 1

almmiron

Original poster
Aug 9, 2019
AGName
almmiron
AG Join Date
march 25 / 2015
I've bought a model one saturn to use with fenrir ODE, but the image is too dark, I tought it could be faulty retrobit s-video cable, but it is not. It work just fine and bright on my model 2 saturn. I've never had used it without fenrir, but I doubt it has anything to do wit it.

I have 2 cables, and ordinary composite on, and other, retrobit s-video. The 2 cables works just fine on the model 2.

I've crossed cables, and concluded the guilty is really the model 1 saturn. Any modification I could do for it?

It's hard to see on the tube tv with a photo taken of smartphone. But in person, the photo on the right, is pretty dark. even if I set the bright on maximum.

1608936918017.png

s8n

Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AGName
s8n
AG Join Date
hi al , you may want to check the Capacitors where the connector is on the Saturn. Sometimes they go bad , below is a video where there is no picture at all. Also check the connector on the Saturn for any corrosion etc.......

Last edited:
Reactions: almmiron

segasonicfan

Registered
Jun 8, 2019
AGName
segasonicfan
AG Join Date
Sept 23, 2011
Yeah I would start with output capacitors from the video encoder. Usually a CXA1645 and you can pull up the data sheet for that ship to find out which capacitors you're looking for (Y, C)

Make a donation