Here are some links you may find helpful

the unreleased resident evil code veronica x for dc

Anthony817

Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AG Join Date
May 12, 2010
Haha you know me too well! I have been waiting for an English version for a while now! :cool:

Reactions: truemaster

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
yeah i know you request the fps mode some time ago. looks like you will have it. and dont worry about the tiger problem since you cant update the clone gdemu. @Pitito has a good fix for that

Reactions: Anthony817

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
He did it...

This man is wonderful thanks yzb, what a fantastic community we have.
I don't try it yet I just download it. It's the french version but I guess you can patch your 1ST_READ.BIN easily :

"
Switch the viewpoint L + start button at any time (press the start button once in the game to enter the op settings, and then exit the op in the continuous start button, after returning to the game screen, do not release the start button, then you can use the L button to switch the first person viewpoint and the first Three people

In the game, START+L "

Pitito

Registered
Jun 19, 2019
AGName
pitito
AG Join Date
03/08/2015
Also pass me the original that you sent to Yzb, to see the changes.

Although I just found the code by myself, I want to verify it

Edit: Well, I have already been able to verify it, and it is the same one that I have taken from its version :)
Just a question, is it normal that when a zombie grabs you, the game returns to 3rd person?
Edit 2: Well it seems normal, since in the YZB version, it also happens.
So I answer myself

By the way, can you tell me how to contact YZB, to see if you can help me with the Panzer Front source?

Last edited:

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
YBZ hes amazing. yeah like first person in battle game. when a monster grabs or hits the view change to 3rd person. i personly like it 3rd person as is, but at least one play with fp i will do. but i dont want to patch the game. can a working cb code can be made?

Last edited:
Reactions: fafadou

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
I'm happy to see it works for you @Pitito because I try it quickly yesterday the later evening and I can't switch the view...
I probably did something wrong, and I was very tired :sleep:

@truemaster : do you have try the @Pitito suggest for codebreaker :
022199B8 - > 00C2
or maybe with luck
022199B8-> 000000C2
or else again in big endian
022199B8-> C2000000

[Edit] : I'm sorry @Pitito I didn't see your request :
http://www.dc-swat.ru/forum/thread-3678.html

kof888 is yzb in dreamshell forum, but be careful actually a lot of people are after him. He's probably busy.

Last edited:

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
for code breaker the code must be inserted like this
022199B8
000000C2
but when a cut scene is played it freezes. for fp is just only one value 02 to c2 or there more?
the big endian isnt working at all

• Sad

Pitito

Registered
Jun 19, 2019
AGName
pitito
AG Join Date
03/08/2015
The problem may be because in a sequence the original value is not 02, it is 12.
So you're forcing the sequence to C2.
The value 02 only appears once you control the character.
I did the test once the start sequence had passed

The best thing is to patch the bin, and you get rid of complications, and activate and deactivate it whenever you want by simply pressing L + START

I have already patched it, and take the opportunity to put all the videos of the Gamecube version on CD 1.
This version has better quality in its videos and in CD 2 I have put all

Last edited:

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
Ah great :) Well done !
could you share all the videos please @Pitito ?
The videos from cd2 of truemaster are from the gamecube version too ?

And special request : It's possible for you to remove the black bands ?

@truemaster : As you have may see, I'm trying to understand how to convert a widescreen hacks codebreaker code to hex. I still do not understand how it works but I found this :

2XXXXXXX YYYYYYYYThis code replaces the value of the byte at the memory address XXXXXXX by YY.
So ok our code start by 2 but we had some zero and after a new thinking, only the 0xC2 must be inject

But I guess you have already tried this code :
022199B8 - > C2

I'm agree with @Pitito the best way is to inject the yzb patch, as me and @Pitito you can update the videos too.

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
second thoughts. patching is better. swaping images with gdemu after select codes with cb is a pain. in the end it up to me if i activate the fp mod. @fafadou regarding gamecube videos. i have extract and use on the dc 2nd gdi the ending video. @Pitito has the open demo and the ending too. but i take and use the undownsampled one. the sfd video are mostly compatible exept the intro demo because its 480x640. dc needs a lower one 320x something. but exept those 2 i use the original dc ones. now @fafadou or @Pitito since you know the offset and value that needed for this mod, can you make and post here the find replace with hex? so it will be avaible for anyone to do i will update and the first post too

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
Patch :
Code:
1ST_READ.BIN RECVX 1ST view patch

adress 0xA5E4
search :
0035218C
replace :
CE0F048C

adress 0x203500 (pointer above less memory offset 0x010000)
search (0xFF List):
FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
replace :
0F D1 12 60 40 88 14 8B 24 71 10 60 00 88 10 8B 0C D1 12 61 09 C7 02 62 20 31 0A 89 12 20 0B D2 0A 93 20 31 05 8B 0A D1 10 60 02 88 00 89 02 E3 30 21 08 D2 2B 42 09 00 C2 00 09 00 79 7A 62 5F 9C 99 21 8C F4 B4 33 8C F0 37 21 8C 08 00 02 00 B8 99 21 8C CE 0F 04 8C

A fabulous assembler patch !

Videos
I wish the better quality except for Demo intro :)
If the videos gamecube import are better than dreamcast original I want to import the gamecube ones.
Of course we don't have choice for Steve's FMVs and Final boss.

As a challenge if there is no black bars, It will be a great thing but simply the best quality as possible will delight me :cool:

Pitito

Registered
Jun 19, 2019
AGName
pitito
AG Join Date
03/08/2015
All GameCube videos must be downsampled for the dreamcast to handle them without problems, since they have too much bitrate and if they are put bareback they will be choppy.
Dreamcast handles well up to 4000K, although the originals are usually around the constant 3600K.
GameCube videos are around 12000K.

For this reason, they should be downsampled, but they still look much better than the Dreamcast originals.IMG-20200324-WA0012.jpg

Left Dreamcast, and right GameCube.
As you can see in the image, the Dreamcast videos are too dark, thus losing many details.
Sorry for the quality, it is a reference that I made a long time ago

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
ok i will upload the patched bin for english. i play a little and what i see is, the game will go fp only after rodrigo unlock the cell. 2nd the lighting gets weird if you are on fp and cutscene is played. if you switch to 3rdp before the cutscene plays its fine. 3rd the ligher wont light the area when fp. @Pitito sure i didnt test all the videos. neither i knowing till now about bitframe barrier. but the ending credits plays in real dc without touching the sfd. the first video after you start the game the one in size 444mb or so, played without problem in demul. didnt test it on real dc. but that video will definetly need downsample either way because of size

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
Wonderful capture @Pitito I'm agree with you the gamecube dowsample version is better :)
If you can change the original 3600K to 4000K from gamecube it will be awesome.

We have a little more space in gd-rom for that upgrade.

In the credit video I have (same video as @truemaster), the video is a little out of focus but at the end there a special thanks to sega. Not sure the others version have this ^^

@truemaster : you have to change the background of options and pause menu too ;-)

Maybe I'm tired again this evening but I still can't change the view...
How do you do exactly please ?
L+Start, I keep start+L in pause menu, exit the menu with A so I can still press my start button, then L again and nothing happen...
I try everything, it makes me crazy...

Last edited:

Pitito

Registered
Jun 19, 2019
AGName
pitito
AG Join Date
03/08/2015
The Gamecube videos I have already passed them to 3600k and they look spectacular :)
All have been left with the same bitrate and resolution as the original Dreamcast

To activate the view press L + START ingame, when doing so you will enter the pause menu, leave the pause menu with B, this is how I do it

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
@fafadou the mod will activate after rodrigo unlock the cell. if you try in the very begining before you use the lighter it wont work. also only on last of my gdi uploads the pause shows the scroling pictures with the x and the ending credits video is an untouched sfd from gamecube. my cdis has the ending credits downsampled.
edit
i play the game for around 15 minutes full fp and its a mess. some maps will have glitches like missing lighting missing textures on those maps you need to revert to 3rdp to fix them then back to fp. on some maps like the the one you dublicate the hawk emblem you need at least 2 times to change view to fix it. really now i advice against this patch.

Last edited:

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
Maybe it's because I did it on cd 2... I went out the save room and same issue.
I'll do it again for cd1.

Ok L+Start keep L+start exit menu with B

@Pitito : Do you have try to remove the black bars ? And a try with 4000K downsample instead of 3600 K ?
Why do you have finaly choose to keep the original format ?

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
oh something else. knowing how amazing ybz is is hard for me to believe that his patch have this poor perfomance. if you guys still have his full cdi release please check if those glitches also happen. doent matter if real dc or emulator. its the same thing on this matter. something tell me that theres more than the patching we know to be presice i thing rdx may need patching too. although i rather be wrong ~300 rdx to patch gona be nighmare

Pitito

Registered
Jun 19, 2019
AGName
pitito
AG Join Date
03/08/2015
@fafadou No, I have not yet tried to find the black bar code.

On the videos, it is best to leave them as the originals at 3600k, since we do not know if uploading more bitrate will cause problems on the real console, and the profit is not much either.
Also on cd2, it is not feasible to do so, as this disc is overloaded.

Make a donation