Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

the unreleased resident evil code veronica x for dc

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
the new gdemu fw make the game 100% compatible now. no more bugs:)

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
The game is now full playable in french since yesterday whaouhou :-D

But I have an issue with combat mode...
I remember you have an issue with S ranking, maybe it's this one :
I clear the combat mode in 7min20s with Chris and the ranking didn't appear and the best time is still 59min59s...
In order to be sure I finish with him the combat mode slowly around eleven minutes and I have the same thing...

It's ok with other player but I can't finish the combat mode shorter than 10 minutes so I have only a rank C.

I used the ion gun with Chris one time in order to beat the boss and never with other characters maybe it's why I didn't have any ranking and my time is not saved ?

[EDIT] I finish the combat with a character I have already a good and it seems that's it, no time and ranking saved if you used the ion gun.
I compare again you 1ST_READ.BIN and mine and I don't forget any patch.

Last edited:
Reactions: truemaster

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
if you use the special weapon even once time will not record. and you will not take any grade. since you can take grade C that meens patching is ok.

• Love
Reactions: fafadou

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
Ok I did it again with Chris and now I reach the C RANK so everything is good.
I release the full version now until I'll build the patch as you done for BIOHAZARD CODE VERONICA KAZENBAN.

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
Le voilà il est enfin là et complet le RESIDENT EVIL CODE VERONICA X sur Dreamcast.
La dreamcast a désormais les deux versions et les seules en 60Hz s'il vous plaît.
Voilà 5ans d'effort enfin récompensé. A vous de choisir quelle version vous préférez :)
J'ai enlevé le lien du premier disque en version beta car j'y ai corrigé de toutes petites choses.
Je ne vais pas laissez les versions complètes longtemps car c'est quand même une grosse licence,
je suis en contact avec la TRAF, qui diffusera un patch à appliquer sur
BIOHAZARD : CODE VERONICA KAZENBAN qui est la version japonaise du jeu

Je ne vais pas refaire le "pitch" des différences je garde ça pour la TRAF ou j'aurai toute la
place pour le faire comme il faut.
Voilà profitez bien :

J'ai fait le jeu en 16/9 via le hex patch (je suis passé de 640x480, à 850x480) sur un écran moderne en vga
et c'est que du bonheur, le jeu est super beau comme ça, surtout en extérieur.

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
As I said in french the patch will be available as soon as possible :)
I'll share it also via the TRAF which is the french website archive for video games.

I want to thanks you again dear @truemaster for this wonderful adventure.
Of course I thank you too @Pitito nothing would be possible without you 🙃

What a fantastic challenge.

I have some questions for you both just for knowing :
- In your opinion where are the models in datas ?
- In mean title PVR you patched briantly for me, we can see a EXTREME difficulty mode, do you know if it's possible to unlock it ?

Pitito

Registered
Jun 19, 2019
AGName
pitito
AG Join Date
03/08/2015
The models I think are in the .mdl that are inside each rdx

The full version has 3 difficulties and all 3 are unlocked from the beginning

J'ai fait le jeu en 16/9 via le hex patch (je suis passé de 640x480, à 850x480) sur un écran moderne en vga
et c'est que du bonheur, le jeu est super beau comme ça, surtout en extérieur.

By this you mean widescreen hack?

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
to the best of my knowledge cv has no higher difficulty than normal. the original and complete versions (japan only) have the normal easy and very easy modes. all the other versions PAL and USA does not have difficulty selections, but as default the one and only normal mode. in addition that only in japan you have battle mode unlock from begining, and the special weapon the ion gun as you say. (linear launcher in english) also unlocked from the bigining. the extreme you see in the alpha layer pvr is simply not used. maybe it was just added in case the programers decited to make use of it but they did not, just like the some unsused texts found in the rdx. also im happy to see that you finaly made it. if its play correct on real console with texts and subs ok it will run good on emulators too. ps dont tell me you need to find the models to fix steave hands? lol

Last edited:

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
@Pitito : yes I used the widescreen hacks, unfortunately I can't find an issue to use a code for removing black bars during FMV (there is a codebreaker code for US and PAL version but not for jap...)

It's a shame the extreme mode was not build, because the first run is perfectly well balance, but the second even 20 years later for me ^^ is quiet easy.

Hope now @yzb will back again, in order to add a first person view but not sure he knows this forum...
I don't know where we may find it...

@truemaster : linear launcher yes thanks to correct me :)
Now I know the both version, as you, I prefer the RECV fight between Alexia and Wesker, the X version is a Wesker's glory edition and it's not good for the end of story drama. And one of my favorite moment, when Chris looks Claire in the lift, is removed.
But the quality of adds are beautiful especially the antarctic cave I really enjoy it and i'm happy to have work on it.
I'm finally surprising to see there is no gameplay in more in complete version ? maybe in other support version ?

ps dont tell me you need to find the models to fix steave hands? lol
LOL no, be sure no, it was an odd think I had ^^
I notice the hands are better in the rest of the game, so I'm agree with you the models are probably in rdx. Even if I've believed seen the main characters skins in an AFS.

It's just an (new fooler probably) idea, but now we are familiar with resident evil datas format.
The dreamcast version of resident evil 2 is quite popular because of VMU and full screen FMVs.
I watched a while ago some videos of resident evil 2 like this one :

The pc version have a little better skins and the dreamcast version is powered by windows ce, I'm just asking to myself if the skins may be imported easily ?

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
if you wana go re2 forget console ports. the classic resident evil restoration project by gemini IS THE real deal. for now it covers resi 1-2 and the first dino crisis. the result is superior compared to anything else. simply the guy patch the shity capcom lazy code and those games can really shine. on their original form they are lazy ports from psx giving very little more in detail. the only downside for you is only japan and english languages are suported. strange if you come to think that gemini is italian.

• Love

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
Oh I didn't know that. Great :)

So @yzb where are you ?

Last edited:

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
I have almost finish the delta xpatch.

There is a lot of translated games storage by the romhacking I'm talking with them in order to release the xdelta patch there.
Every langages are accepted.

Do you want I'll ask them for english and spanish version ?

It's fast you have to send them a READ_ME.txt that explain everything about your work and how you have to use the xdelta patch, a zip with patches and finally 5 screen captures whose the main screen title.

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
!WARNING! :love:
YZB answer me by dreamshell forum PM, thanks to him

Here his mod to have the first view :
"The Japanese version and the Chinese version change the memory address 0x8C2199B8 to 0x02 or 0xc2. "

It's not easy to understand but for me :
Open the 1ST_READ.BIN with an hex editor
Go to 0x2099B8 (there is an offset to remove)
replace by 0x02 or 0xc2
But I find only a 0x00 area... I guess it's not there...

I try the exactly RAM adress (with the offset) with IDA and same thing...

And there is no pointer 0x B8 99 21 8C... The most closer is 0x 5c 99 21 8C

what do you think about ?

Reactions: Anthony817

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
well i dont know. what i know of what i remember is that his mod has the 1st bin split in 2 parts maybe that address is valid for the 2nd half of his mod. what i mean is if you have his mod (easy to google for it) you may find the address on the second half, and if you search the near values of this address to our complete bin you may did the trick.

Pitito

Registered
Jun 19, 2019
AGName
pitito
AG Join Date
03/08/2015
All right.
Start game
Ram position
2C2199B8
Replace 02 with C2 and you will have 1st person modeCaptura de pantalla (2).png

It remains to know its real position in the bin, and how to activate and deactivate to our liking

Last edited:

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
How have you patch it ? Codebreaker ?

Only one octet to patch...

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
i will try the cb code. from what i remember the view change with start button.
edit the code works but when you use the lighter to start talking with rodrigo it hangs.

Last edited:

Make a donation