Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

the unreleased resident evil code veronica x for dc

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
Have you notice in combat mode, all characters have the "ion gun" the last weapon of the game ?
It's not mention in their item record...
It's terribly fun, but I guess it's a bug ^^

I'll release the first GD in few minutes :)

Reactions: truemaster

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
its not a bug. japanese game has it unlocked from the start. on western releases you can unlock it by scoring A or S with all characters in battle mode. also the easy and very easy difficulties are also only japan things

Last edited:
Reactions: fafadou

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
Ah thanks :)

Here the french first disc, could you please @truemaster1 share it on the first post ?

Reactions: Pitito

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
why you call it beta? isnt tested yet? also consider a patch instead of full release. dont look what i did. greece laws agains piracy are not exist.
i dont know if a full release is allowed in this forum so i wont in this forum. (on dreamcast talk i already did) unless an admin allowed it

Last edited:

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
It's just if there is some minor issues during game for texts, like I saw it for "œ" for example.
it's also for waiting disc 2.
I clear it. It's fully playable. Normally it will be the final release.

How can I build a patch for final version please ? In order to avoid a released of full game ?

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
google on how to build xdelta patches. there are tautorials that can explain better than i do

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
I have a terribly issue :-(

Could you clear the game with true hardware ? (Except for tiger enigma)
I have the same freeze with both gdemu and dreamshell... And all file versions.
The first time I go through RM_7030.RDX room the game run well and I guess when Wesker send Hunters this room freeze during loading :
Here the save :
https://mega.nz/file/AmQ3HKgQ#BCTJRvPMbD...kdmybfSThU

For finding the problem (takes around 1 minute in game) :
- go out the save room
- go right and climb down the yellow manhole cover ladder.
- cross water
- put the shotgun on his storage
- take the upstairs
- and finally turn right to the Beast head side and take the lift (you are on the 1st basement)

the game freeze during loading if you try go to the ground floor...

Pitito

Registered
Jun 19, 2019
AGName
pitito
AG Join Date
03/08/2015
Maybe you have something wrong in the Rdx, or it is a gdemu or dreamshell problem.
The best test is on cd

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
dreamcast odes are very unreliable with this game. the odes data speed transfers are way higher that standar gdrom, code veronica doent like this, on my dc using gdemu i need to save often because of lockups that can happen on random points. the best way to test it is on demul. screwups with pointer during rdx translation = freeze on real hardware and emulator as well. so if its play well on emulator at least the patching is ok. if a map freezes on emulator then its 100% a pointer value missplaced. another test is to backup all your patched rm_7xxx.rdx (just to be sure) and put the japan unmoded rm_7xxx.rdx ones and test.

Last edited:

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
Finally I should avoid this freeze at ground floor of military building.
The corridor loaded the first one you go through then when Wesker attacked the game freeze with all versions and even if you try to load from the military area model room on the other side of the corridor.

I tried to burn a cd and it freezes too :-(
I played with chankast and same issue.

But the corridor loads if you use demul or redream so the issue comes not from the RM_7030.RDX file but odes as we said...
It's very specific you have to replace exactly the loading time of gd-rom.

The most important thing is I can go on the review before release, "ouf" :)

Pitito

Registered
Jun 19, 2019
AGName
pitito
AG Join Date
03/08/2015
If the game freezes you also on cd, you must have evil on the rdx.

Maybe some text or some misplaced pointer

One thing I realized, and which I had a couple of freezes on in my version, is that the pointers must fall to 4-byte values in rdx , otherwise the game will freeze

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
@fafadou that issue youre saying i dont have it neither on demul or real dc. but what @Pitito said about 4-byte values its defenetly a thing to watch out (if its the problem i face on real hardware). emulator such us demul can permit it but a real hardware does not. i had release the gdi some months before the clone cd version. before releasing the clone cd version some people say to me that they had freezes on their gdemu with the gdi. they didnt tell me that the freeze happen on the same map all the time, and i was thinking about the fw issue it has with this game and didnt ask back to check if it frezes all the time or at random points. now that there is a cd version people email me about a freeze using the cd whitch is the same map as the others report on gdemu side. i had corect disc 1 and im about to finish disc 2. all the issues where fixed by adjusting bytes lenth, adding or remove some 00 after the ending of all the texts (FF FF) and modify the appropriate pointers. sounds like what @Pitito said. that pointer system is definetly weird. so make it work on real hardware meens it will be ok for any meens that can play it. relying only on emulator on the other side is risky. for bypassing the fatal bug gdemu give on disc 2 this will come in handy

Last edited:

Pitito

Registered
Jun 19, 2019
AGName
pitito
AG Join Date
03/08/2015
In the description of the video of my channel you have a permanent fix that must be applied on CD 1.
What it does is replace the game manual with the plug

This solution is only valid for the full version, since the original version does not have any item in the beginning

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
@truemaster I try with your last version and ppf patch and the issue is still here...
You cdi seems to be not available.

I try with tru kazenban version and it's good :) it means it's not a RM_7XXX.RDX I have to find the good file now and patch it.

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
i dont know i cant crash the game like it does on your end. clone cd images are removed. the tester reports that he past the 1st bad area it was somehow in the start, the second bad area for main game is middle to end and the 3rd is on battle mode. on cd2 there were 6 bad rdx. i have finish the game on my dc no more issues. but i will wait for feedback from the guy that test it. you may ask why ok on demul and not real dc? i dont know propably dc like things at certain way. @Pitito nice method you got there. quicker than hex edit the save, and can easily revert back when the new gdemu fw released. although the save hex edit is good for original version.

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
Gotcha :-D

It was RM_7190.RDX or RM_7191.RDX. Probably the 7191, because the first time I go through this corridor nothing happened.
The text is the same and I didn't take time to try each RDX alone.
I patch them in french without touch anything else from jap version and it's now good.

@truemaster you had add some text area but it's not necessary, you can keep only three texts and you'll have enough spaces in jap file.
The others are not used I can confirm it, I checked with jap version.
Here mines just for showing you what texts you can keep, and translate the jap version without needs to change any pointers in order to keep a good alignement for dreamcast.

But I didn't find were is the issue in your file, I'm sorry, the pointers are good because it runs well with emulators, it's not an mistake from you. The only way is to inject our text in jap version.
I'm pretty sure there will be also enough spaces for Spanish version.

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
yes rm_7191 was a problematic one for use on real hardware. both the rdx you mention are the 1st floor accessed by the elavator. before certain events happen 7190 will load then it switch to 7191. true a lot of rdx have texts that are not used, but recreate the texts and new pointers for them and test the map takes more time than enter the texts as is on original rdx and correct the pointers. even if it meens all the pointers of the rdx if its type 2 (tight fit of the texts) you were speeking for 7030 thats why i was telling i had no problem

Last edited:

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
I add some texts in order to see if there are used in real game and it's very annoying to do in hex format.

Make a donation