Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Other Sony PVM transformer changes

Impendo64

Original poster
Registered
Jul 23, 2019
Hello everyone !

I'm really sorry to bother but I have a couple of questions about Sony PVM transfomers.

I got for free a Sony PVM 9" for free in a good state but on the outter box, it is limited to 100V (I live in Europe...).

I wondered if the transformer could easily cover a 100V-250V range and that this limitation was only due to the fuses in it that are 125V.

After opening it to check, here are the results : photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo8.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo6.jpg

photo7.jpg

So the Transformer Seems to handle 250V, There are 2 fuses that are 125V 3.15-4A that I can easily change with a 250V equivalent.

My question is : does someone already tried to only change the 125V Fuses on a PVM with 250V and tried it ? :)

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 0

segasonicfan

Registered
Jun 8, 2019
AGName
segasonicfan
AG Join Date
Sept 23, 2011
That Omron part is a relay, not a transformer.

These were never meant for Euro export AFAIK. Unless theres a clear switch for 220v it is not a trivial mod and an attempt will instantly fry your PSU for good. A very, very bad idea imo.

Just get a 100v - 220v converter. Theyre around $40-$50
Edit, theyre $15, lol:

Reactions: Impendo64

Impendo64

Original poster
Registered
Jul 23, 2019
That Omron part is a relay, not a transformer.

These were never meant for Euro export AFAIK. Unless theres a clear switch for 220v it is not a trivial mod and an attempt will instantly fry your PSU for good. A very, very bad idea imo.

Just get a 100v - 220v converter. Theyre around $40-$50
Edit, theyre $15, lol:

Thank you for your answer Segasonicfan.

As stupid as I am, I've find out that there's a DC 12V input near the AC 100V (was not available from the outside but the board was installed).

The polarity was inverted in the PVM ( + ---C --- -). I've inverted the cables in the PVM to change the polarity to the classical ( - ---C --- +) and used a AC/DC 12V 5A convertor.

It worked well :)

Make a donation