Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
Gameboi64
AG Join Date
Jan 30, 2015
Well, I have them connected through a router; a cheap little netgear thing. You can get in through the PC side, but it's generally not recommended. On the TOOL's PC side after you log in, you "cd /usr/local/sce/bin" then you do the ./dsedb or ./dsidb.

slycooper124

Registered
Jul 30, 2019
AGName
slycooper124
AG Join Date
June 2019
Well, I have them connected through a router; a cheap little netgear thing. You can get in through the PC side, but it's generally not recommended. On the TOOL's PC side after you log in, you "cd /usr/local/sce/bin" then you do the ./dsedb or ./dsidb.
Exactly. I have my tool set through a net gear commarcial switch. And it works great. My guide specifies that command specifically.

Gameboi64

Resident game "reviewer"
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
Gameboi64
AG Join Date
Jan 30, 2015
Well then if it's not working through that, I'm not sure.

Edit: I know that I had my router specifically reserve 192.168.1.2 for the TOOL's mac address, so try doing that if you can.

slycooper124

Registered
Jul 30, 2019
AGName
slycooper124
AG Join Date
June 2019
Well then if it's not working through that, I'm not sure.

Edit: I know that I had my router specifically reserve 192.168.1.2 for the TOOL's mac address, so try doing that if you can.
It depends on the the routers default gateway setting so your tool needs to have network setting set up correctly or it dosent work. I first tried direct link with static Ip and it didnt connect. But if I have it set on a static ip and hooked to my home network, it works. You figure its 20 years old and like old tech, its crotchety, finicky, and didn't age well in the usability department.

Make a donation