PopetherevXXVIII

Original poster
Registered
Jul 9, 2019
AGName
Godofhardcore
AG Join Date
Mar 31, 2007
So My dad got me a Satiator for my 40th.

I'm going to need a 4mb Cart aren't I? I had to do some gymnastics with the action replay cart I've been using and Street Fighter Zero 3 had corrupted graphics.

Other than that though This thing has already paid for it self. I played some Batsugun, Blast wind, Battle Garegga, FINALLY got to play the version of Outrun compatible with my Saturn model. Finally got to play Shinobi X with the better music

There is some sound stuttering here and there.

I'm happy with it 2/3 Sega Systems now have flash carts. I'm just waiting for something similar for Dreamcast. (so I keep the disc drive but still load off SD)

la-li-lu-le-lo

Registered
Jun 13, 2019
AGName
la-li-lu-le-lo
AG Join Date
2-8-2006
I'm happy with it 2/3 Sega Systems now have flash carts. I'm just waiting for something similar for Dreamcast. (so I keep the disc drive but still load off SD)

That already exists - the SD serial port adapter. It’s not as fast as the GDEMU, but it works pretty well with most games and it allows you to keep the GD-ROM drive.

Reactions: Arcadia

Arcadia

Donator
Donator
Community Contributor
May 30, 2019
Donations
£8.55
AGName
Arcadia
Congrats on the big 4-0.

Is Satiator the fastest OD replacement for Saturn? It probably is the most expensive one.

PopetherevXXVIII

Original poster
Registered
Jul 9, 2019
AGName
Godofhardcore
AG Join Date
Mar 31, 2007
That already exists - the SD serial port adapter. It’s not as fast as the GDEMU, but it works pretty well with most games and it allows you to keep the GD-ROM drive.

Before the great Plague I was signed up to test one for somebody that never came to pass.

Congrats on the big 4-0.

Is Satiator the fastest OD replacement for Saturn? It probably is the most expensive one.

Thanks.

It's certainly the most coinvent. But it has a few issues, sound crumples when it first loads sometimes, I've gotten freezing on start up, The Action replay does not place nice with it and I'm trying to flash it with the new Firmware so it does play nice but I can't even get it to show up. The Gymnastics required to get Ram cart games to run with it is all miss no hits so I have to buy a 4mb ram cart.

Other than those issues which I'm sure future firmware will fix it's been great. Played all the shmups, several fighters, a few racing games. Several of the expensive games like Tryrush deppy and that Psychic one. Played a few PAL games. Even some unreleased Betas like what eventually became
Fighting Force. Everything pretty much works just fine aside from those crunchy audio issues.

Now I just need to wait for the Retrotink 5x so I can play all those resolution switch games.

So while I wait for my 4mb cart, I'm gonna play the shit out of Blast Wind.

Reactions: Arcadia

la-li-lu-le-lo

Registered
Jun 13, 2019
AGName
la-li-lu-le-lo
AG Join Date
2-8-2006
Before the great Plague I was signed up to test one for somebody that never came to pass.

They’re pretty easy to find, I got mine from eBay. They’re pretty cheap too - just make sure you get the newer white one. The reason I got mine was to play Atomiswave games, and it works pretty well for that.

NightBreeze

Registered
Aug 1, 2019
But it has a few issues, sound crumples when it first loads sometimes, I've gotten freezing on start up, The Action replay does not place nice with it and I'm trying to flash it with the new Firmware so it does play nice but I can't even get it to show up. The Gymnastics required to get Ram cart games to run with it is all miss no hits so I have to buy a 4mb ram cart.
Are you having trouble updating the Satiator firmware or AR firmware? I think freezing and stuttering issues should be mostly fixed in the latest Satiator firmware. And if you're having trouble getting the AR to show up for flashing, you could try lifting it ever so slightly in the cart slot, or shifting, to get a better contact.

By the way, the ARs can cause weird issues anyway, it's a good idea to make some shielding for them so they don't emit EMI and interfere with the console/Satiator.

PopetherevXXVIII

Original poster
Registered
Jul 9, 2019
AGName
Godofhardcore
AG Join Date
Mar 31, 2007
Far as I know I have the most recent firmware.

It's flashing my AR from my Satiator that I can't seem to do. The Press C to bring up menu thing doesn't happen it just starts whatever game I have selected.

I'm only using my AR as a 4mb cart anyway. I'm thinking of just throwing up my hands and getting a real 4mb cart

NightBreeze

Registered
Aug 1, 2019
It's flashing my AR from my Satiator that I can't seem to do. The Press C to bring up menu thing doesn't happen it just starts whatever game I have selected.
If you press B first it should take you to the top-level menu where you can choose to flash the AR.

PopetherevXXVIII

Original poster
Registered
Jul 9, 2019
AGName
Godofhardcore
AG Join Date
Mar 31, 2007
That was not in the instructions I read. I'll give it another go later.

PopetherevXXVIII

Original poster
Registered
Jul 9, 2019
AGName
Godofhardcore
AG Join Date
Mar 31, 2007
I was following Retro RGB's instructions that would explain it.

So I guess the next question.

What Unreleased things should I be checking out? I have Judgement force (which became Fighting Force) Something called Warewolf but beyond that it's just different versions of stuff that actually did see release.

Like I have Capcom Betas that are using Arcade code and such.

Make a donation