Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Sega Saturn: Star Wars - Rebel Strike Unreleased Beta

Wesker

Registered
May 31, 2019
Sweet!

It looks very Panzer Dragoon-esque. I wonder who exactly was developing this. The mag claims it was Sega itself, though I doubt it was the likes of Team Andromeda doing this, so who knows.

Awbacon

Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019
Looks decent, but I can see why it would get cancelled. Compared to what was out on the 64 for Star Wars. Awesome vid though! Great to see it

Reactions: SuperH

ERROR

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
It was developed in house by sega. They had 2 star wars games in development for Saturn. One was a remake of starwars arcade and this.

Reactions: kabojnk and Allie

KGRAMR

Registered
May 30, 2019
In-house by SEGA!? Damn, it could've been a decent little title... :(

Allie

The Original VF3 Fangirl™
Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
Anthaemia.
AG Join Date
June 4, 2004
I'd heard there was a Saturn "remix" of Star Wars Arcade, but I'm now a lot more interested in this other game after watching that footage. Are there any further stages to the prototype, and can we possibly find out who exactly the developer was? I doubt Team Andromeda had anything to do with this, since both Panzer Dragoon Zwei and PD Saga went into development not long after the original game's release, only for the whole team to then be dissolved back into Sega. Maybe it was a US-based division, since Star Wars is a license that would have presumably been far bigger in America? Either way, that engine looks quite impressive, and this is what I'd consider the first great find of the newly relaunched OG!

SuperH

Registered
May 30, 2019
I wonder if this was canned after Nintendo got the SW licence for Shadows

Allie

The Original VF3 Fangirl™
Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
Anthaemia.
AG Join Date
June 4, 2004
I wonder if this was canned after Nintendo got the SW licence for Shadows

I'm not sure about that, since I don't recall Nintendo having any kind of exclusivity deal in place with LucasArts. For one, Masters of Teräs Käsi was released on the PlayStation several months after Shadows of the Empire, and then Sega AM12 (formerly AM Annex) produced Star Wars Trilogy Arcade for the Model 3 board.

kabojnk

Insert Title Here
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Feb 3, 2019
Donations
£126.57
Wow, very neat find! Thanks for sharing the video and images! :)

Reactions: AUSTIN PEYTON

Wombat

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Wombat
AG Join Date
14-03-2004
Thanks for sharing, it's not everyday you see a newly discovered unreleased game by SEGA running in motion!

Reactions: AUSTIN PEYTON

Tongara

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jun 1, 2019
AGName
Tongara
AG Join Date
Sep 23, 2009
Not a fan of SW myself, but this is a pretty cool find!
Always nice to see new unknown Saturn games coming out of the woodwork~

Xonticus

Jun 1, 2019
This is really great, thank you for sharing! Any source on how we can download this prototype by any chance?

Yakumo

Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
From the beginning (whenever that was)
This is an epic reveal. I had no idea about there ever being anything made for the Saturn regarding Star Wars.
I can see why it wasn't released. It does look quite poor and I'm guessing it was a Sega US game as it looks like it's using an engine favoured by western developers. Similar to the likes of Solar Eclipse and Off Road Interceptor.
But who knows, with more development time this could have been cool.

Wesker

Registered
May 31, 2019
The previous references and coverages never showed any in-game footage, I believe this is fhe first time we can see how it was going to look like. Here's hoping there are more levels in the build and we can see them eventually.

ItsMeMario

Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AGName
ItsMeMario
AG Join Date
Feb 11, 2014
Thanks for sharing ! :'D

Make a donation