Here are some links you may find helpful

GG Sega Game Gear Micro

DBloke

Registered
Sep 18, 2020
www.thenightsofgaming.com
AGName
DBloke
I dislike how "nostalgia" has become such a viable business model to gouge customers. If the hinted at Dreamcast mini comes out, I dread to think what that would cost just from a hardware perspective, let alone the nostalgia tax on top.
Nintendo have been bad for this.
A new Game and watch, three games, at least it seems playable, but I don't know why anyone would want to play OG Mario brothers again as its seemingly been on every one of there systems since the NES and almost every smart phone from the past 10(15?) years can run
But still
ITS NINTENDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Tachikoma

Registered
Sep 28, 2020
AGName
Tachikoma
AG Join Date
Some time in March 2004...? hard to remember exactly when, but the forum backup has posts going back to then so let's go with that!
Nintendo have been bad for this.
A new Game and watch, three games, at least it seems playable, but I don't know why anyone would want to play OG Mario brothers again as its seemingly been on every one of there systems since the NES and almost every smart phone from the past 10(15?) years can run
But still
ITS NINTENDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Very true, they are probably the worst at the nostalgia cash in, the NES/SNES mini were pretty good ideas and not that badly priced, but you look at things like how much an individual 20-odd year old ROM costs on their marketplace and you realise they must be making serious coin just rehashing the same things over and over. I really hope the Mario bundle just released (again, why a limited release other than to create a panic buying situation?) on Switch gets hacked to hell and back and we can just load in our own GCM files into the Gamecube emulator they wrote for it. I am fed up of Mario games, I want to play the rest of the 1st/3rd party catalogue that will never get re-released by the studios/publishers on a device like the Switch.

DBloke

Registered
Sep 18, 2020
www.thenightsofgaming.com
AGName
DBloke
Very true, they are probably the worst at the nostalgia cash in, the NES/SNES mini were pretty good ideas and not that badly priced, but you look at things like how much an individual 20-odd year old ROM costs on their marketplace and you realise they must be making serious coin just rehashing the same things over and over. I really hope the Mario bundle just released (again, why a limited release other than to create a panic buying situation?) on Switch gets hacked to hell and back and we can just load in our own GCM files into the Gamecube emulator they wrote for it. I am fed up of Mario games, I want to play the rest of the 1st/3rd party catalogue that will never get re-released by the studios/publishers on a device like the Switch.
With the minis I was more annoyed at those morons paying scalpers prices for them, I can see why they do it.
They are ok, they are intended for people that want a quick fix plug in and play, the rest of us already have our CRTs and games machines all wired up. Then you get those that buy them just to hack them and put a load more ROMs on them. (Blah blah Raspberry Pi) (I do understand im on a forum for such things but in my eyes, why bother with them?)
They are doing well with the Switch and just having them as downloadable titles for what is about a tenner(£10) a year, sometimes with online gubbins.

Sega are also guilty of rereleasing the same stuff, how often do we see more or less the same Mega Drive collection?
Good to finally see more Game Gear stuff, id love a proper re-release of Shinning Force CD, every time I try to play it something goes wrong, (Last one was my saves got messed up after doing the second scenario meaning I couldn't start the 3rd)

But can we have a few more Master system games next? Its not a huge library but it has a lot of quality titles, to bad a lot are licensed titles (Asterix and Castle of illusion)

la-li-lu-le-lo

Registered
Jun 13, 2019
AGName
la-li-lu-le-lo
AG Join Date
2-8-2006
I really hope the Mario bundle just released (again, why a limited release other than to create a panic buying situation?) on Switch gets hacked to hell and back and we can just load in our own GCM files into the Gamecube emulator they wrote for it.

From what I’ve heard, it’s just the Dolphin emulator, probably based on the Android version.

Make a donation