Dreamcast Samurai Spirits Tenkaichi Kenkakuden

Pitito

Registered
Jun 19, 2019
AGName
pitito
AG Join Date
03/08/2015
Fabulous!!! Another game in a matter of 2 days !!!
Thank you @megavolt85

MKKhanzo

Registered
Aug 13, 2019
Unlike MS6 and KOFXI, this SEEMS 100% stable.

Possibly because its a slower game overall. Only 1 v1 character and less stuff happenning at once. It loads everything it needs for the fight in the VS screen.

Wich makes me remembering the HIDEOUS, 2 minute loading time of the first release of SS Tenka on PS2, later fixed on the SS Anthology release.

Thx @megavolt85 you are giving our Xkas DC gifts in advance!

Reactions: Anthony817

Anthony817

Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AG Join Date
May 12, 2010
I also think MAYBE it has something to do with the size of the media you are playing it from? Not sure? I have a 128gb SanDisk Micro SD card with all my retail games on. But for the Atomiswave games I am using a Kingston 4GB SDHC Class 4 MicroSD card from a first gen GDEMU clone, all 3 games ran amazing for me, literally zero performance issues. I am guessing smaller cards may have better read times? I do know over at Dreamcast-Talk people were having issues with large SSD's even on the MODE, and larger SD cards on GDEMU as well as one guy not being able to play this particular game at all on his USB-GDROM who I spoke to over at reddit. So something has to be going on and there must be some common thread as to why this is affecting some users while not others like myself?

Reactions: MKKhanzo

thedoctor45

Registered
Jun 3, 2019
Pretty impressive stuff megavolt. Is there a way for people to donate to you? I think you deserve some support for all the amazing work you've been doing for the DC community.

Reactions: Anthony817

megavolt85

DreamShell Developer
Original poster
Registered
Jun 17, 2019
www.dc-swat.ru
AGName
megavolt85
AG Join Date
Are you planning on releasing a tutorial on porting AW games?
everything is described in these two posts

Is there a way for people to donate to you?

Anthony817

Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AG Join Date
May 12, 2010
will certainly be

I wondered something about this game when I was researching about it a week ago. It said the game supports force feedback on the steering wheel. This made me wonder if that code could be adapted to work on the Dreamcast Rumble Pack to have a more feature complete port?

It also has system link over the Atomiswave communication cartridge connected to a router which I only discovered after downloading and reading through the official game manual. So would be interesting to do tests between 2 consoles with BBA over LAN.

Reactions: MKKhanzo

Anthony817

Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AG Join Date
May 12, 2010
Ah ok I understand now thanks.

MKKhanzo

Registered
Aug 13, 2019
@megavolt85 quick question about this Samurai Shodown game.

I was wondering if it was my imagination, but I remembered a different announcer voice for the game, so I searched, and in fact, the PS2 has an option for english or japanese native anouncer.

Does the Atomiswave version has this option too?

Thanks on advance!

Gromber

Registered
Mar 31, 2020
AGName
Gromber
amazing port for a amazing game!!! I'm really enjoying it on the console with an arcade stick.

Thanks for bringing this great catalog to the console with gdemu.

Make a donation