Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
From the beginning (whenever that was)
Hi,
I'd like to keep this thread active to inform people of all the videos I upload to YouTube. They could be the now almost reaching 300 shows Battle of the Ports series, Retro Core show, hardware reviews or just a walk around Japan. A channel with quite a lot of varied yet related shows.

First for this thread is this week's Battle of the Ports which is Turrican 2.

Pazzard

Hi!
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
I asked this on AG last week, but guess you moved here like most of us, just want to say I love Battle of the Ports, but is it just me or is footage from the spectrum version of your previous vid (Turrican) missing in that episode, or did I just miss it?

Johnace

Registered
Jun 4, 2019
AGName
Johnace
AG Join Date
May 12 2006
Holy shit, I forgot about retrocore...?

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
I asked this on AG last week, but guess you moved here like most of us, just want to say I love Battle of the Ports, but is it just me or is footage from the spectrum version of your previous vid (Turrican) missing in that episode, or did I just miss it?
Ah, you just missed it. The Speccy version is deffinety on the video. If you watch on YouTube check the video discription. There's a time stamp guide to all versions.

Arcadia

Donator
Donator
Community Contributor
May 30, 2019
Donations
£8.55
AGName
Arcadia
Nice to be able to continue following these videos over here. Thanks.

Reactions: Yakumo

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
Here we go on another short journey around Japan. This time I show you how to buy a train ticket, ride the monorail and see how rice is grown.

MentalMan

Jun 7, 2019
AGName
MentalMan
AG Join Date
May 10, 2009
During my very first train ride in japan I forgot to take back my ticket on entry. On my exit station I had the startling realization that I would still need it to leave. That was fun!

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
During my very first train ride in japan I forgot to take back my ticket on entry. On my exit station I had the startling realization that I would still need it to leave. That was fun!
Haha I think about 20 years or so ago I did something like that.
Forgive me for I have sinned ?
You have redeemed yourself, my son. Now go, be at peace.

Pazzard

Hi!
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
Ah, you just missed it. The Speccy version is deffinety on the video. If you watch on YouTube check the video discription. There's a time stamp guide to all versions.
Ahh. I was watching on tablet so must have missed it. Great work by the way, always look forward to new episodes.

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
One if not the first fully textured 3D fighters is finally on Battle of the Ports.

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
Two new Life in japan videos today.

Down at the game store selling my son's game. You actually get to hear me speaking Japanese in this video (Subtitled in English)

And the second video is of us getting a haircut down at the typical Japanese barber shop.

Pinta77

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Pinta77
AG Join Date
February 27, 2018
Hey, I checked out your channel awhile back and I'm a huge fan now. You make some awesome videos.

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
Hey, I checked out your channel awhile back and I'm a huge fan now. You make some awesome videos.
Thanks, Pinta 77. Happy to hear you are enjoying the content.
An Awsome urban exploration video this week. So surprised to see what was around my area.

logi26

Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
Logi26
AG Join Date
Jun 18, 2013
I really like the 'Life in Japan' series.
Please keep creating them.

Trimesh

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
Trimesh
AG Join Date
Jul 4, 2008
Here we go on another short journey around Japan. This time I show you how to buy a train ticket, ride the monorail and see how rice is grown.

Is that the monorail line that runs from Kokura?

Johnny

Gran Turismo Freak
Registered
Jun 7, 2019
AGName
Johnny
AG Join Date
Mar 14, 2004
Even though Toshinden has aged badly, that game always reminds me of that era. Lots of gaming companies trying and experimenting with 3D for the first time, lots of different consoles. Sadly, a lot of them weren't succesful and didn't survided past those days. An era that won't ever happen again.

Anyway, i'm really enjoying your recent Life in Japan videos too. A very different and interesting approach than just showing game stores (not that i don't like them). Your neighbourhood seems very peaceful.

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
I really like the 'Life in Japan' series.
Please keep creating them.
Will do. Planning a night video in the city this coming weekend.

Is that the monorail line that runs from Kokura?
Yep, that's the one. Do you know it?

Even though Toshinden has aged badly, that game always reminds me of that era. Lots of gaming companies trying and experimenting with 3D for the first time, lots of different consoles. Sadly, a lot of them weren't succesful and didn't survided past those days. An era that won't ever happen again.

Anyway, i'm really enjoying your recent Life in Japan videos too. A very different and interesting approach than just showing game stores (not that i don't like them). Your neighbourhood seems very peaceful.
Toshinden was a product of its time for sure. Bloody awful but still hasa place in history.

I'm glad you are enjoying the life in Japan videos. They're fun to make.

Jackhammer

Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Jackhammer
AG Join Date
July 14th 2008
I've enjoyed watching your videos over at AG, so I'm glad to see them here, especially the day to day life in Japan.

Make a donation