Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Saturn Requesting info on Saturn X-Terminator Ver.3. For ROM preservation purpose.

SONIC3D

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
Jun 5, 2019
AGName
SONIC3D
AG Join Date
Oct 31, 2008
During the holiday, I plan to make a video tutorial on how to use X-Terminator ver.3. But I found one of my X-Terminator ver.3 is version 3.00. I currently cannot find any known dump of this version. The lowest version I can get is v3.01, which is found in the Save Data Manager disc.

So I ask if anyone has dumped this version. If it's not yet dumped, I plan to dump it before I update it to 3.92.
And is there any easy dump way to dump Saturn ROM cassette without desoldering the Flash ROM chip. I have the ability on desoldering and dumping but I just really prefer a way that not that painful.

If anyone would share your experience it would be really appreciated.
Thanks.
?

Last edited:

SONIC3D

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
Jun 5, 2019
AGName
SONIC3D
AG Join Date
Oct 31, 2008
I have dumped it recently since I cannot find any known dump. So If anyone needs this version, check the link below:
(Please note there're newer versions floating around. v3.92 is the latest version known by far. v3.0 is more likely to be kept for archiving or code researching purposes only.)

I have tested it by flash it to a 3rd party ROM cartridge. Seems ok to boot-up.

Notes:
  • This is not a clean dump technically. As previous owners may have edited the cheat database and saved game saves. If you want to clear game saves from the dumps, fill zero to the range of 0x20010-0x3FFFF.
  • If you flash it to 3rd party ROM cartridge, the cheating code feature won't be effective in-game. This is a known situation occurs on other newer version of X-Terminator ROM dumps. The original hardware has an additional switch on the left side to let users enable/disable the selected cheat code while the game is running. So using this binary on 3rd party cartridge require hacks on the software code, or find an equal hardware line to apply the switch(I have no knowledge of these fields. 😂)
I hope someone will find a way to hack the code, let it work on 3rd party ROM cartridge, as X-Terminator is a really powerful product in its category even without its unique cheat code searching feature. Main features on ROM v3.92 include:
  • The usual cheating code feature similar to Action Replay and Game Shark.
  • A so-called DEAD CODE cheating code system, let users directly write SH2 machine code inside cheating code for advanced memory patching.
  • Boot back up disc
  • 1M extension RAM
  • Enable/Disable direct-save memory works like official Backup RAM cartridge(2048 logical blocks).
  • In-game cheating code activate/deactivate switch. (Let you turn off code on some stage if it will generate known side effect, and enable it on the specific scene only.)
  • Off-PC cheat code making by using X-Assist control unit.(Definitely not suitable for 3rd party )

Attachments

• IMG_4732(Front).jpg
    IMG_4732(Front).jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4733(Back).jpg
    IMG_4733(Back).jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4481.jpg
    IMG_4481.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4484_resize.jpg
    IMG_4484_resize.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4721_resize.jpg
    IMG_4721_resize.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

A Murder of Crows

Registered
Sep 1, 2019
AGName
A Murder of Crows
AG Join Date
Mar 1, 2007
During the holiday, I plan to make a video tutorial on how to use X-Terminator ver.3. But I found one of my X-Terminator ver.3 is version 3.00. I currently cannot find any known dump of this version. The lowest version I can get is v3.01, which is found in the Save Data Manager disc.

So I ask if anyone has dumped this version. If it's not yet dumped, I plan to dump it before I update it to 3.92.
And is there any easy dump way to dump Saturn ROM cassette without desoldering the Flash ROM chip. I have the ability on desoldering and dumping but I just really prefer a way that not that painful.

If anyone would share your experience it would be really appreciated.
Thanks.
?
did the tutorial ever get made?

Make a donation