Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

X360 [Release] 17559 HvP.xex (Allow's Debug builds to run on JTAG / RGH without RGL or XDK)

MormonHitus77

Apr 20, 2021
Hi, first, i would like to congratulate the users behind the concept of this plugin, seeing RGloader turns to be very complex with huge risk of bricking, along isn't supported for 4GB consoles, which is my case.

I'm afraid unfortunately it turned out into an abadonware by the inactivity from Chr0m3 and jAmes, but seeing they suggested at commenting here abotu incompatible games, at least is worth at trying, despite it could be the same as kicking a dead horse at this point.

As sort of context, i have a RGH Corona 4 GB with FSD, assigned HvP on Dash Launcher, along that i updated the kernel to the recommended version, however the game i wanted to test at first place, which is the July 11 2011 build from Ace Combat Assault Horizon(which can be found at devkit dump sites), simply will result on Xbox saying "Failed to launch the game, redownload it and try again", at first i through something went wrong, but following the games that worked in the thread, i decided to test with Battlefront III, which worked flawless unlike ACAH.

Reactions: JMD

JMD

Registered
May 19, 2021
This is amazing, thank you! I wish I'd found this sooner, but never too late to enjoy old dev builds I guess :D

Can confirm South Park Stick of Truth (814 2012-09-27) works on RGH Slim E! (but as someone else mentioned, NewYork_r.xex doesn't)

• Crackdown (01.22.03.2204 Mar 21 2006) "Final"" xex causes Crash to Dashboard, the other 2 30mb "Release" xex's cause hard lock.
  • Marvel Chaos (141364 2007-10-17) [with exe renamed to xex] - Crash to Dashboard
  • Ryse Son of Rome (59488 2011-01-07) "Ruffking" - Crash to Dashboard
  • Ryse Son of Rome (2360 2011-03-11) "Kingdoms" - Console completely shuts off
  • Star Wars First Assualt (Tech Beta, Sep 06 2012) - Boots! but requires XBL connection to continue past the Title screen
  • Ninja Reflex (2007-11-17) - Can't get this one to appear even after renaming exe to xex. Tried manually launching as well, nothing happens.

I'll be testing more later. 3am here, must... sleep... šŸ„±

EDIT: Tested a few more this morning;

• Crackdown (01.22.04.0211, Apr 02 2006) - WORKS! Used "CW_RW4_Final" after renaming exe to xex. Don't pause the game or it will freeze.
  • Star Wars Battlefront 3 (Alpha, Mar 17 2008) - WORKS! Laggy and buggy and takes a long time to load, only tested campaign. Starting at "Training Tatooine" you have to follow the Jedi Master (slowly) to the hanger and then you can pilot the StarFighter

Some screenshots:
Battlefront III
4C4107D520210520104421565.jpg

Crackdown 01.22.04.021 (frozen on pause screen)
4D5307DC20210520103650264.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Edward_2452

Justinjomama

Jan 22, 2022
I can't get any dev games to launch it always gives me an error. I have it set as a plugin at the root of my HDD but still nothing happens.

Claasic

Dec 15, 2021
hey how are you im currently playing Alpha build of mw2 on my RGH. Is there a way to enable a developer console or use noclip with a tool ?

Riley541

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jan 23, 2019
hey how are you im currently playing Alpha build of mw2 on my RGH. Is there a way to enable a developer console or use noclip with a tool ?
Plug in keyboard and hit the ~ key. This will bring up the Dev console. Then just type in noclip. Or you could just load the default.exe instead and then press select on controller to bring up dev menu.

ShakeMadMan

Registered
Jun 10, 2019
AGName
suprashake
AG Join Date
1-11-2015
This is badass.... Any updates coming for more supported games

Reactions: Edward_2452

ShadowLuigi37YT

Registered
Feb 5, 2019
I've tried using this for one of the leaked Spiderman 4 builds and a debug review build of LEGO Batman 2 but when booting either of them I get the following "Game Error" The game couldn't start. Try downloading the game again. For more help, visit www.xbox.com/support. (Updated because I said Spiderman 3 instead of Spiderman 4.

Last edited:

ShadowLuigi37YT

Registered
Feb 5, 2019
Just wanna let everybody know that I have the plugin saved in the launch.ini and therefore it should be enabled. But for whatever reason it just isn't working

ShadowLuigi37YT

Registered
Feb 5, 2019
Just so people know. I have the latest dashboard kernel 17559. But for whatever reason, the plugin just doesn't work.

Riley541

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jan 23, 2019
Just so people know. I have the latest dashboard kernel 17559. But for whatever reason, the plugin just doesn't work.
It works fine for me. I just put it on one of my newer rgh's with no issues. Try deleting everything and start over. Make sure you have latest dashlaunch version if you already don't. You're putting HvP.xex on the root of your HDD right? Not sure why it wouldn't be working for you tbh. Seems like a weird issue.

ajthenoob

Mar 14, 2022
eBay Username
and808457
It works for a ton of games but not the Splinter Cell Blacklist devkit build of February . Dang!

ShadowLuigi37YT

Registered
Feb 5, 2019
It works fine for me. I just put it on one of my newer rgh's with no issues. Try deleting everything and start over. Make sure you have latest dashlaunch version if you already don't. You're putting HvP.xex on the root of your HDD right? Not sure why it wouldn't be working for you tbh. Seems like a weird issue.
I'm actually using the latest version of Dashlaunch. Don't know why none of this is working even tho I have everything all set up to how it should be.

Mrbob

Jan 29, 2022
AGName
Mrbob xdk
AG Join Date
29/1/2022
Hi All,

From the brilliant mind that brought you JRPC2 and XDRPC for JTAG / RGH, I bring you HvP.xex, what does this do you ask?
This little xex when set as a plugin allows you to run FULL DEBUG builds on JTAG / RGH without the need for RGL or an XDK.

It's still very much BETA so please report any bugs / builds that do not work with it, I can confirm that COD debugs and NFS HP Internal debug does work perfect with this plugin.

To install simply place on the root of your HDD and set as a plugin in your launch.ini, please note that this plugin only works on dashboard version 17559 (which is the latest), so please update your JTAG / RGH to the latest dashboard before using this.

DO NOT RENAME THE PLUGIN, IT WILL NOT WORK IF YOU DO.

Download: https://mega.nz/#!SIwByC5I!ThJmnia39Dq2YGae5yhieirMeaiSJAqUSz2HZUH5V9A

The one thing we ask is that this is not re-uploaded and if you are sharing it please share this topic link so they can come here and get it.

Credit:
Xx jAmes t xX - Developing this plugin.
Chr0m3 x MoDz - Testing, dumping, debugging, releasing.

Now go enjoy all those builds people!

Please leave a comment and some information about the build you are running if it works for you.

Known Problems / Issues / Solutions:

Problem: Running this plugin while using original Xbox compatibility causes issues.
Solution: Disable the plugin before running original Xbox games.

Problem: When launching a debug build it kicks me offline.
Solution: Don't use debug builds while online.

Problem: Debug build that is known to work fine on XDK doesn't launch or crashes.
Solution: Leave a comment with as much info about the build and error as you can, and @Xx jAmes t xX will look into it, we may ask you to PM one of us the build that is having issues.
I found out skate 2 build works NFS prostreet works perfect Ile test more for u guys peace I own xdk but ide like to show public what works

TimmyMan720

Apr 27, 2022
Hi All,

From the brilliant mind that brought you JRPC2 and XDRPC for JTAG / RGH, I bring you HvP.xex, what does this do you ask?
This little xex when set as a plugin allows you to run FULL DEBUG builds on JTAG / RGH without the need for RGL or an XDK.

It's still very much BETA so please report any bugs / builds that do not work with it, I can confirm that COD debugs and NFS HP Internal debug does work perfect with this plugin.

To install simply place on the root of your HDD and set as a plugin in your launch.ini, please note that this plugin only works on dashboard version 17559 (which is the latest), so please update your JTAG / RGH to the latest dashboard before using this.

DO NOT RENAME THE PLUGIN, IT WILL NOT WORK IF YOU DO.

Download: https://mega.nz/#!SIwByC5I!ThJmnia39Dq2YGae5yhieirMeaiSJAqUSz2HZUH5V9A

The one thing we ask is that this is not re-uploaded and if you are sharing it please share this topic link so they can come here and get it.

Credit:
Xx jAmes t xX - Developing this plugin.
Chr0m3 x MoDz - Testing, dumping, debugging, releasing.

Now go enjoy all those builds people!

Please leave a comment and some information about the build you are running if it works for you.

Known Problems / Issues / Solutions:

Problem: Running this plugin while using original Xbox compatibility causes issues.
Solution: Disable the plugin before running original Xbox games.

Problem: When launching a debug build it kicks me offline.
Solution: Don't use debug builds while online.

Problem: Debug build that is known to work fine on XDK doesn't launch or crashes.
Solution: Leave a comment with as much info about the build and error as you can, and @Xx jAmes t xX will look into it, we may ask you to PM one of us the build that is having issues.
it wont work

ShadowLuigi37YT

Registered
Feb 5, 2019
I do want to clarify I have the latest everything for my RGH including HvP.xex. Have it saved in the launch.ini file but it's not working. Is this the result of having the hacked backwards compatibility files? Because I like having those. I wanna be able to play debug x360 games but whenever I boot up one I get that error most people are getting. My board and flash are labeled as Trinity in Dashlaunch. Honestly don't know why none of this is working, the best way to know that is if I am able to boot OG Xbox games even tho the HvP.xex is saved as the only plugin in launch.ini

Blob

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jun 8, 2019
Donations
Ā£7.36
AGName
Blob
AG Join Date
Apr 21, 2010
I'd reckon it only works on true dev kits? been a while since I fiddled around with it!

MormonHitus77

Apr 20, 2021
Yeah, i went suprised after i originally posted testing HvP with Battlefront 3, tutorial videos popped up on Youtube

Like i said on the original 2021 post, the plugin works considering you follow the tips ChromeX said, of avoiding the OG Xbox function to generate conflicts. but as expected, HvP works for most builds, but it won't work with the more specific ones, like more niche games, including the Assault Horizon build i decided to test

The negative point of the current situation, is that originally ChromeX and James were open to give support to incompatible games to work with HvP, but last time Chrome has been seen was like, 2020, and i can't access James userpage(i guess is more fault of Obscure's cache issues), so it's safe to assume that HvP turned out into an "abanddonware" even if 2 years old, not sure how the plugin scenario is active for Xbox 360, but one possible solution, would be someone developing their own spiritual successor of the plugin, however that would require legit interest of the user to spend hours into programming it, and seen if the effort would worth is, as yeah, most would say it would be "less of a headache" to get a Dev Kit or a Xbox 360 compatible with RGLoader

Well, i wish luck if we may get some news at the future related to Dev Builds on retail consoles, as most say, time is a virtue

Make a donation