Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

PS2 TOOL QUESTIONS/TROUBLESHOOTING

FiresSkies

Original poster
Registered
Apr 10, 2020
FR :
Hello, j'ai récemment acquis une ps2 tool , modele dtl-t10000j.
Vendue comme hs j'ai réussi à la remettre en route, et elle fonctionne parfaitement.
mais j'ai une question sur cette machine car je n'arrive pas à lancer les jeux avec.
c'est une console japonaise avec le NTSC et le J pour les dipswitch je suppose, et mes jeux sont en PAL, et ce que le problème viens de la ?
normalement cette console peut lire n'importe quel type non?

ENG :
Hello, I recently acquired a ps2 tool, model DTL-T10000H J.

Sold as is for parts, I managed to restart, and it works perfectly.
but I have a question about this machine because I can't start the games with it.
it's a japanese console with NTSC and J for dipswitch I guess, and my games are in PAL, is it the problem ?
normaly this console can read any type right ?

Last edited:

Gameboi64

Resident game "reviewer"
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
Gameboi64
AG Join Date
Jan 30, 2015
How are you starting the games? The switches on the front also need to be in TOOL and DVD mode, not WS and EMU mode if you're booting from disc. If you're using linux, you'd do ./dsedb (wherever you have the linux dsedb executable located), then when it says dsedb S>, you'd type reset 2 100.

If you're going into the tool from the PC Side, you'd want to type "tool single" when it says "LILO boot>" and you can change the root password that way.

I don't know of any TOOL units with region locking, but if your discs are burnt to -R discs, if they are not master patched, the tool will be able to tell and will say "Illegal media detected" and you will have to retry burning.

FiresSkies

Original poster
Registered
Apr 10, 2020
the tool and dvd switches are at good position.
i've used dsedb -r commandand it'seems to work at this point but after with the command reset 2 100 it's seems stuck but you can hear the dvd drive spinning.

Gameboi64

Resident game "reviewer"
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
Gameboi64
AG Join Date
Jan 30, 2015
Does it sit at
# Restart Without Memory Clear.
# Initialize GS ...NTSC mode
# Initialize INTC ...
# Initialize TIMER ...
# Initialize DMAC ...
# Initialize VU1 ...
# Initialize VIF1 ...
# Initialize GIF ...
# Initialize VU0 ...
# Initialize VIF0 ...
# Initialize IPU ...
# Initialize FPU ...
# Initialize Scratch Pad ...
# Restart Without Memory Clear Done.
# ExecutePs2GameDisk ?

If so, how long does it sit there? The ExecutePs2GameDisk can take a few seconds.

FiresSkies

Original poster
Registered
Apr 10, 2020
mmm don't know exactly what to do with...
can you give me some details on this operation ?

Gameboi64

Resident game "reviewer"
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
Gameboi64
AG Join Date
Jan 30, 2015
when you do dsedb -r, does it pop up with that? I've always done ./dsedb xxx.xxx.x.x (the IP of my TOOL, as I don't use the PC side anymore) and then reset 2 100, or when on my tool, I get into the directory where dsedb is stored, run ./dsedb that way and reset 2 100, and it pops up that while trying to read the disc.

FiresSkies

Original poster
Registered
Apr 10, 2020
ah ok i understood, so no.
the last line code are :

dsedb S> reset 2 100
EE DECI2 Manager version 0.06 Dec 10 1999 17:48:37
CPUID=2e14, BoardID=4126, ROMGEN=2000-0117, 128M
dsedb S>

Gameboi64

Resident game "reviewer"
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
Gameboi64
AG Join Date
Jan 30, 2015
when it is in dsedb and only does that, that means it is in WS mode. I only get that when it is in WS mode, or otherwise, something is really wrong with your tool.

FiresSkies

Original poster
Registered
Apr 10, 2020
mmm :/

ho and yeah for starting the ws mode or the emulator you only have to turn position of the front switch then reboot right ?

cause when i switch them nothing change and it still booting in tool and cd/dvd and the leds on the ps2 motherboard change position.
you know on the bottom right you've 4 leds labeled :
os
tool
emulator
drive

Gameboi64

Resident game "reviewer"
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
Gameboi64
AG Join Date
Jan 30, 2015
You turn the TOOL off completely, turn the bottom left switches to TOOL and DVD, not WS or EMU, and then turn the whole thing back on. That's how I have always done it.

Gameboi64

Resident game "reviewer"
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
Gameboi64
AG Join Date
Jan 30, 2015
I'm not sure what the problem is then. If all the front LEDs are green (other than the HDD indicator light, that's an orange sort of color), then I am not sure what is wrong.

FiresSkies

Original poster
Registered
Apr 10, 2020
nope they're not all green, only the cd/dvd and the tool leds.
the hdd led blinking normaly too.
and they stay green when i try turn the front switch position for tool/ws and cd/emu.

Gameboi64

Resident game "reviewer"
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
Gameboi64
AG Join Date
Jan 30, 2015
They aren't going to change anything if they switch anything while the TOOL is on.

water111

Jun 2, 2019
The version of the TOOL Flash ROM is too old to support the "reset 2 100" mode, so the "boot from DVD drive" parameter doesn't do anything. The version you have is ROMGEN=2000-0117, which is the oldest one I've seen.

The SDK setup PDF guide should have instructions for how to update the ROM. After you do that, it should respond to the reset 2 100 command correctly.

FiresSkies

Original poster
Registered
Apr 10, 2020
I will update it in this case. and see if it works. so i think i'll choose the latest version or is there one better version in particular ?
but how do you know so much of the smallest details of these machines which are however not intended for the general public?

sorry if my english is bad, i'm french after all :p

FiresSkies

Original poster
Registered
Apr 10, 2020
They aren't going to change anything if they switch anything while the TOOL is on.

yes i know but even after a restart with the emu and ws switched it's still booting on cd/dvd and tool.

FiresSkies

Original poster
Registered
Apr 10, 2020
hello again, before i'm doing any wrong things i prefer asking you how can i perform all that update cause i don't wanna do something goes wrong.
have you or can you make a step by step guide for updating the ROM ?

what i exactly don't understood with the setup guide on the sdk ps2 is :

1- in first, how to connect my pc to the ps2 ? i've linked the ps2 to my network but i don't know what program is needed to connect them both together

2- Check to see that the following file is included in the development software that was installed. /usr/local/t10000-XXXX.bin

(mine is in /usr/local/sce/t10000-rel300.bin)

3- run dsflash

but how ? for me it's just a file so maybe in cmd by a windows 10 command? don't know ...

FiresSkies

Original poster
Registered
Apr 10, 2020
The version of the TOOL Flash ROM is too old to support the "reset 2 100" mode, so the "boot from DVD drive" parameter doesn't do anything. The version you have is ROMGEN=2000-0117, which is the oldest one I've seen.

The SDK setup PDF guide should have instructions for how to update the ROM. After you do that, it should respond to the reset 2 100 command correctly.
ok so i've installed the sdk and codewarrior too, but ther's lot of things i don'(t understand can you help me with ?

Make a donation