Nully

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Sep 14, 2019
AGName
lh
AG Join Date
Apparently people are having issues finding this online and the only thing I can find myself is some guy selling it pre-programmed, so here are the files and some other V12 stuff you may be confused about (0805 package on summ0ne for ease of soldering).

seo tags: matrix pic fix ps2 slim comsoft v4 laser summ0ne repair modbo modchip

Attachments

• sch.jpg
    sch.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Summ0ne for V12.jpg
    Summ0ne for V12.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Summ0ne-Fix.jpg
    Summ0ne-Fix.jpg
    668.6 KB · Views: 0
  • V12 PS2.jpg
    V12 PS2.jpg
    567.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Difio

Jun 4, 2019
AGName
Difio
AG Join Date
13 November 2017
As far as I know, Comsoft V4 PIC solution should be better than the original matrix one. HaloSlayer255 and kel on assemblergames worked on a PCB design for the chip and published it with the original hex code:

Attachments

• Comsoft SlimlineFIX-V4 for V12.jpg
    Comsoft SlimlineFIX-V4 for V12.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0

Nully

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Sep 14, 2019
AGName
lh
AG Join Date
Never had a return with it. I think the truth is that v12 should just be avoided, I don’t bother with them unless someone sends it in then summ0ne absolute bare minimum but that causes some disc reading issues nowadays in my experience. I just avoid them completely unless I’m forced to. If you can see a 56k jack on the back of a PS2 without being able to check the model when shopping for one then definitely stay far away. It’s not the only but t’s the obvious red flag. I’ll check out that post.

Nully

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Sep 14, 2019
AGName
lh
AG Join Date
Skip the board and buy SOIC PICs and 50 DIP-8 breakouts for $2 on eBay. It's how I make my PS1 chips and others. SOIC-8 adapter is a couple bucks. Haven't used DIP anything in ages (besides Saturn BIOS).

Nully

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Sep 14, 2019
AGName
lh
AG Join Date
Or that ;) lol. I just like the nostalgia of using the actual Matrix team board I guess. Has the spot for the resistor and all points labeled. The TMT logo is cool too. Some day I will get around to making Comsoft V4 fix clones too. When? I have too many damn personal project but some day I hope.
View attachment 5908View attachment 5909
Good stuff :cool:. Do you have the comsoft v4 files, I'm interested in trying it but cannot find it online for download.

HaloSlayer255

Jul 4, 2019
AGName
HaloSlayer255
AG Join Date
Jun 27, 2013
Nully, comsoft files headed your way just have to boot up my desktop. On the raspberry pi atm.

I can confirm from Kel that this works on the v9 and v10 systems. I tried on mine and the pcb must not have been mounted firmly enough, must have touched the heatshield and shorted something out on my v9. Will try again soon. I also have some spare pcbs all populated and programmed if someone should want to try this on a v9-v11 console revision.

Looks like files are too big for hosting here, my dropbox link is the following:

Hope this helps,
HaloSlayer255

Last edited:
Reactions: Nully

Nully

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Sep 14, 2019
AGName
lh
AG Join Date
Thanks for the ZIP, there's some other goodies in there as well. Also, what is there to test for? It's random and could possibly take ages to wait for it finally "happen", more of a preventive maintenance thing. I remember seeing a poll about the different fixes, about the best you're going to get in terms of "definitive research" on this I'd say and even that is near useless. :unsure:

I just avoid them like the plague for Sony doing this to begin with, but I had to make this thread because someone reached out to me requesting it because as I said, the only source I could find online was someone selling it preprogrammed and not providing the file, but who am I to complain about piracy...

Either way, I appreciate this additional file as well. It will help a lot of people

Last edited:

HaloSlayer255

Jul 4, 2019
AGName
HaloSlayer255
AG Join Date
Jun 27, 2013
Hello nully,

Wanted to test the function on a v9 console. I have kel's test results via email conversation. I guess mine didn't work because the board touched the heatshield (always apply double sided tape). Now it just powers on and off, all fuses test okay though, probably fried an ic somewhere. I have a few more v9 consoles in my little army, just need to find them and other things going on atm what with the covid scare and all.

Spedmetal, those msop files I forgot to purge, I accidentallly ordered the wrong form factor on mouser, anyone need 25 of these msops? I planned on building quite a few of these to test on other peoples consoles if Id ever started a modchipping service, but hasn't taken off.

The correct files are ComsoftFixV4_Finished_Draft_Labeled_Complete.brd and ComsoftFixV4_Finished_Draft_Labled_Complete.sch
The MSOP_Edition files can be deleted.
The folder comsoft_v4_gerber_files are for use at oshpark, if you just want a plug and play website solution.

Before I forget to add, kel mentioned that the L1 and L2 connections are the following:
5v I took from fuse PS4 marked 63 on v9 GH-023
K is Point K.png
J is Point J.png
L1 can be connected to mechacon pin 15 or there is a test point CL843 in the GH-023 schematics, probably easier to go with the test point and it wouldnt bypass as much capacitors or resistors.
L2 lift la6508 pin 16 similar to romeo mod method.

The wires must be connected the right way otherwise the tray will not eject, kel mentioned in a subzero mod attempt that connecting the wrong way the drive controller will not send a mute signal, and thus not eject.

Apologies for the intermittent contact, hope everyone is in good health,
HaloSlayer255

P.S. Pictures uploaded of my installation attempt, if someone wants to duplcate it, Happy laser-fix installs =)

Last edited:

Nully

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Sep 14, 2019
AGName
lh
AG Join Date
You should always insulate any and all modchips, especially ones nearly clamped down by shielding; maybe I misunderstood though... If it's a black screen, try removing power to or at worst removing the BIOS points and then all wires from the chip as it's probably done for at this point and you may get lucky regaining function of the console. Your images are not working by the way.

HaloSlayer255

Jul 4, 2019
AGName
HaloSlayer255
AG Join Date
Jun 27, 2013
Kinda correct, turning the console on results in immediate power off. Will have to track that one down again and give it a try. Probably gonna skip to another console in the mean time.

Anyhow gonna try mediafire:

Thanks again nully,
HaloSlayer255

HaloSlayer255

Jul 4, 2019
AGName
HaloSlayer255
AG Join Date
Jun 27, 2013
Thanks @spademytal,

Just realized I might have been typing your name wrong in previous posts on this thread.

Your name looked very similar to someone on psxscene. Sorry about that.

Anyways going to try to draft up an install diagram bringing it all together for the v9. The v10 console will be another story.

HaloSlayer255

---Edit---
Installation points are located in the mediafire folder, showing my installation and installation removed for cleaner view of points.

Will see where I have a v10 stashed at soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: spademytal

HaloSlayer255

Jul 4, 2019
AGName
HaloSlayer255
AG Join Date
Jun 27, 2013
Sure thing spademytal,

SOIC8 SOP8 to DIP8 EZ Programmer Adapter Socket Converter Module - $4.37 rounded to $5.00
link is https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...cat=0&_odkw=SOP8+SOIC8+SOIC+SOP+8+DIP+adapter

50PCS 1/10W 0603 SMD/SMT Resistors R1 1.5kΩ coded 18B $0.99 rounded to $1.00

50PCS 1/10W 0603 SMD/SMT Resistors R2 10kΩ coded 01C $0.99 rounded to $1.00

50PCS 1/10W 0603 SMD/SMT Resistors R3 100Ω coded 01A $0.99 rounded to $1.00

0.1uf 25v 10% X7R 0603 Size Surface Mount Capacitor 20 Pieces $1.89 rounded to $2.00
link is https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=0.1uF+capacitor+0603&_sacat=0&_sop=15

50pcs 0603 SMT SMD LED Blue $4.85 rounded to $5.00

9 Pieces PIC12F508 SOIC chips (Make sure its not to MSOP version like I ordered the first time around)
following www.mouser.com subtotal for 9 chips is $5.40, first class shipping is $4.99, sales tax $0.63, total is
$11.02 rounding to $12.00

quantity of 9 order comes to $9.30 with free shipping, rounding to $10.00

Totals unrounded: $34.40
Totals rounded: $37

Hope this helps,
HaloSlayer255

Last edited:

HaloSlayer255

Jul 4, 2019
AGName
HaloSlayer255
AG Join Date
Jun 27, 2013
Unfortuantely not yet,

The v9 I had it connected to, I removed the modchip and the laserfix board, it doesnt power cycle and the tray ejects but no video output.

Haven't got any v12 consoles to test, just some v16 - v18 consoles.

Have a few more v9 consoles and a v10 somewhere in my stash. Just need to find it up in the attic. This time I'm going to get some more double sided tape and some tape for the heatshield, no touching the shield whatsoever.

The v10, I'll see if I can poke thought the service manuals and find its points.

HaloSlayer255

Make a donation