Here are some links you may find helpful

PS2 DTL-T10000 Broken Hard Drive Contents

Virtual Davey

Original poster
Registered
Jan 28, 2020
AGName
LivingOnWheels
I have a Playstation 2 DTL-T10000 that I received from the mother of Dale DeSharone, a programmer/developer who is unfortunately now deceased. You can read more about him here:

I received a few of his personal developer kits (Gamecube, Playstation 2, PlayStation 1, Atari 800, Commodore 64). The consoles had a few betas (Skye for Gamecube and M&M Shellshocked for PS1, Adventure Creator for Atari 800). The PS2 TOOL had a broken HDD so I had to replace it in 2017. It works fine now, but I've always wondered if there was anything on it's original hard drive. The drive makes a loud clicking noise for about a minute or so, and then quiets down and I can still hear it running, but I'm unable to view it's contents on my PC. Is there anyone here who'd be willing to check it out, to see if there are any betas or unreleased games on it? Of course, you'd have to get it working first in order to do so.

In case your curious, here is a link to the Atari 800 prototype that I recently had identified:

I had originally posted picks of some of Dale's other items back on AssemberGames in 2017.

Attachments

• DSC00613.JPG
    DSC00613.JPG
    616.5 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: pool7

uyjulian

Registered
May 30, 2019
There are no games stored on hard drive. Everything was loaded off of the network.
The hard drive is formatted as ext2 filesystem, so it will not read when using DOS or Windows.

swaglord

Registered
Jul 9, 2019
had the same problem w/ my ps2 tool when I got it, the drives were fried. Apparently they are nicknamed the IBM "Death"stars because of how often they break.

Obsidian

NZ PS2 Collector
Donator
Registered
Jun 4, 2019
ps2apps.com
AGName
PS2Guy
AG Join Date
Jan 19, 2011
I've possibly got a dd copy of the drive if you're wanting to repair it.
Mine are Seagate drives, not the IBM ones.

Reactions: Niugvcdbf

Niugvcdbf

Jan 9, 2022
AGName
Niugvcdbf
AG Join Date
09/01/2022
Hi,
I’m from Italy and I have the same console but probably both of drivers are fried, could someone help me in repairing it?

Make a donation