Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Posting Video Footage of Betas - What's the Risk?

D

Deleted member 211

Original poster
Has anyone researched the risk of posting videos of unreleased games/early prototypes of games? I have a great deal, but I'd like to hang onto them also ;) Don't want to post and I get a letter asking for something back. All of these were purchased on forums/eBay.

PixelCrunch

Donator
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jul 30, 2018
Donations
£1.00
Risk in terms of what? Legality is rarely an issue, but it *can* happen that companies get on the defensive about it.

Awbacon

Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019
If you are talking current gen stuff then companies might get touchy. But minus that I’ve literally never heard of a company suing anyone at all. Worse is they might ask youtube to take it down due to copyright, but I doubt even that.

Post away!

D

Deleted member 211

Original poster
Cool. I had a bunch of videos up at one point, but that just let to an endless amount of message with people asking me to "send them the iso". I will work on getting some newer videos posted now that I have the better hardware that will allow a lot better image quality. I have a lot of unseen prototypes :D

Awbacon

Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019
Cool. I had a bunch of videos up at one point, but that just let to an endless amount of message with people asking me to "send them the iso". I will work on getting some newer videos posted now that I have the better hardware that will allow a lot better image quality. I have a lot of unseen prototypes :D

Lol yeah you don’t have to share the games. I mean I’m all for acquiring and releasing everything I can, but ya know that’s me

BetaGuy64

Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
BetaGuy64
AG Join Date
July 19th, 2014
Lol yeah you don’t have to share the games. I mean I’m all for acquiring and releasing everything I can, but ya know that’s me
As long as it's backed up somewhere, wherever it may be, that's good enough for me

FamilyGuy

2049 Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
-=FamilyGuy=-
AG Join Date
March 3, 2007
As others said though, make sure it's properly backed up. You don't have to share the files, but it'd be a shame for some unique content to rot away.

Providing video content of rare stuff is a great and worthy contribution.

Last edited:

Dax

Bio-Digital Jazz
Jun 5, 2019
AGName
Ico
AG Join Date
Jun 3, 2014
As others said though, make sure it's properly backed up. You don't have to share the files, but it'd be a shame for some unique content to rot away.

This is always key. As long as you've done that, then you're golden.

Looking forward to seeing what you have, Fusion!

Reactions: Deleted member 211

Make a donation