Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

PS2 Playstation 2 PS2 DTL-T / TOOL Development T10000 T15000 Devkit dev kit thread

uyjulian

Original poster
Registered
May 30, 2019
New PSU for the DTL-T10000.
I4aNX1Z.jpg

No more whine while it's in standby :)
Somewhat quieter also.

I'm interested in upgrading the PCI SBC. Some places document the board as a PCI-586VE-S, but that is a typo. It is actually a PCI-586HVE-S.

hermesconrad

Donator
Staff member
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jul 12, 2019
Donations
£14.47
AGName
hermesconrad
AG Join Date
11/july/2019
I havnt opened mine yet but from the looks of it, it seems plug and play, did you have to modify any of the plugs?

uyjulian

Original poster
Registered
May 30, 2019
I'm not sure if the PCI-815VE is connected to the power supply with a cable, or if it just gets its power through the PCI slot.
Some newer SBCs use "12 pin ATX" connectors. I didn't find any Molex-to-12 pin connectors.

I'm thinking about upgrading the system to Red Hat Linux 6 and recompiling some packages like sshd. I already got an image of RHL6 from another person. I'm not sure about the status of MMX auto-vectorization by GCC.

Ioncannon

Registered
Jun 25, 2019
AGName
Ioncannon
AG Join Date
Oct 19, 2010
The older card has a moltex connector going into it so seems at least that one needed power?

unclejun

Registered
Jun 6, 2019
AGName
unclejun
AG Join Date
Nov 12, 2005
I'm not sure if the PCI-815VE is connected to the power supply with a cable, or if it just gets its power through the PCI slot.
Some newer SBCs use "12 pin ATX" connectors. I didn't find any Molex-to-12 pin connectors.

I'm thinking about upgrading the system to Red Hat Linux 6 and recompiling some packages like sshd. I already got an image of RHL6 from another person. I'm not sure about the status of MMX auto-vectorization by GCC.
The PCI-815VE has a 3 pin ATX connector.
Manual: http://lorezan.free.fr/ps2/PCI-815VE-MAL.pdf

Reactions: dickibow

unclejun

Registered
Jun 6, 2019
AGName
unclejun
AG Join Date
Nov 12, 2005
I thought the power was controlled by the MRP, not the PC SBC?
It is controlled by the MRP.
I assume the 586HVE-S might need the extra power from the AT connector, that's all.

uyjulian

Original poster
Registered
May 30, 2019
Seems impossible for PCI-815VE to operate solely on the PCI slot, considering that the power requirements specified in the manual is the following: +5V : 12A (max)
5*12=60W. The maximum that should be pulled from the PCI slot is 25W.

I notice that PICMG backplanes also have AT/ATX connectors. Is there a reason why there's a power port on both the backplane and PCI SBC?

Last edited:

uyjulian

Original poster
Registered
May 30, 2019
My IPC-PP827 board arrived. It seems the network ports and keyboard will power, but there is no display output or POST beep. Maybe I need to connect something to the power connector?

IPC-PP827 seems to be a rebranded version of PCI-827LF from Protech. In fact, it appears that all of the products on Ant Computer are rebranded Protech products.

Protech has a habit of removing manuals for older products, so I probably can't find the manual for the PCI-827LF (only the datasheet). However, the product catalog specifies the same P8/P9 to 10-Pin power (27-012-02501071) for multiple products, which contain the pinouts for the power connector:

https://www.protech.com.tw/Driver/BH-1105/BH-1105_M2.PDF (section 2-18)
https://www.protech.com.tw/Driver/PCI-531LF/PCI-531LF_M5.PDF (section 2-26)

Maybe I can stick two pins of the four pin power into pins 4 and 5 of the connector?

The manual of the PCI-586HVE-S seems to follow the same layout of the aforementioned manuals. Maybe Protech manufactured the PCI-586HVE-S too?

Also, my USB bracket arrived. The connector didn't fit since it was too small. However, I have the pinouts, so I can make my own cable later.

I was going to install a gigabit ethernet card, but I got a wrong PCI card (a SPIDF in/out card instead of a dual gigabit ethernet card), so the seller is sending me the right one.

uyjulian

Original poster
Registered
May 30, 2019
Few quick tips...

How do I reset the root password?
In the login prompt, type in "z" as the username and password. Type in QA, hit enter, then press CTRL-C right after. You can now use "passwd" to set the root password.

How do I telnet?
You can't telnet using the "root" account, so you need to make your own account using "adduser" and set the password using "passwd" for that account.
Once that is done, you can telnet into your created account.

How do I use the dsnet tools on the PC SBC?
The dsnet tools are located in /usr/local/sce/bin. If you want to access them without typing the full path, you can add the aforementioned path to your PATH variable. If you want to add it automatically, enter it in the (your home directory)/.bash_profile file.

How do I log into the "root" account from another account?
You can type in "su", then enter the password for the "root" account.

How do I shut down the system from the shell?
You can run the "shutdown" utility as "root" located in the /sbin directory with the following arguments: "-h" "now".

How do I restart the system from the shell?
You can run the "restart" utility as root.

Reactions: Galatea and pool7

uyjulian

Original poster
Registered
May 30, 2019
The MRP driver appears to only support kernel versions 2.0.36 (included with Red Hat Linux 5.2) and 2.2.14-5.0 (included with Red Hat Linux 6.2).

The e1000 driver appears to only be in kernel 2.2.14-5.0. I guess in order to use my dual gigabit network card, I need to upgrade to Red Hat Linux 6.2. Thankfully, someone already sent me their RHL6.2 image, so I can just write that to the CF.

Reactions: pool7

water111

Jun 2, 2019
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but does anybody have a copy of the software required to load stuff onto the DVD emulator? My TOOL has the DVD emulator board, a kernel driver (psxss62) for the DVD emulator, and runs a "dvdserv" program, but I don't have the software needed to connect to dvdserv.

uyjulian

Original poster
Registered
May 30, 2019
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but does anybody have a copy of the software required to load stuff onto the DVD emulator? My TOOL has the DVD emulator board, a kernel driver (psxss62) for the DVD emulator, and runs a "dvdserv" program, but I don't have the software needed to connect to dvdserv.
unclejun has an HDD image with the DVD emulator software.

Gameboi64

Resident game "reviewer"
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
Gameboi64
AG Join Date
Jan 30, 2015
0x10 means to output in Y/CrCb mode

As a quick aside, you only have to reset in that mode if you're using component cables. Resetting in Y/Cr/Cb mode over VGA makes everything green, hence the name of the sync mode for VGA, sync-on-green.

Make a donation