Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

PS2 Playstation 2 PS2 DTL-T / TOOL Development T10000 T15000 Devkit dev kit thread

slycooper124

Registered
Jul 30, 2019
AGName
slycooper124
AG Join Date
June 2019
It is not DDR.

It is 72 pin EDO ram
ok ive heead the term 72pin but i dont know for sure on the term edo. ill research it and find out. im assuming this was popular ram during the 1990's

pagan1900

May 2, 2019
I got a DTL-T10000, the first HDD is working so i could dump that (i hope). The HDD 2 has no power reaction like the first one. Also with my external forensic writeblocker, so i think the drive is finally dead. In the forum are disc img for the 15000, so i hope someone here has a img for both hdd so i can bring it on compac flash cards and the system to run. The second step will be to find "decal sheet", or i must find a shop who print (in white) the disctray open button decal, memmory card slot decal. so i can refurbish all case decals.

Obsidian

NZ PS2 Collector
Donator
Registered
Jun 4, 2019
ps2apps.com
AGName
PS2Guy
AG Join Date
Jan 19, 2011
I got a DTL-T10000, the first HDD is working so i could dump that (i hope). The HDD 2 has no power reaction like the first one. Also with my external forensic writeblocker, so i think the drive is finally dead. In the forum are disc img for the 15000, so i hope someone here has a img for both hdd so i can bring it on compac flash cards and the system to run. The second step will be to find "decal sheet", or i must find a shop who print (in white) the disctray open button decal, memmory card slot decal. so i can refurbish all case decals.
Here's one of mine.

Reactions: AKuHAK

uyjulian

Original poster
Registered
May 30, 2019
Some information about RTC (Real Time Clock) and batteries…

On the Mechacon / CDVD interface board, there is a CR2032 battery which can be easily replaced.

On the PC board (PCI-586HVE-S), there is a Dallas Semiconductor DS12C887. This is a RTC chip that also contains a non-replaceable battery, and is socketed so the chip can be replaced. The only difference between the DS12C887 and the older DS12B887 is "Year 2000 compliance", which means the DS12C887 also tracks the century. So that means whenever e.g. 1999 rolls into 2000, the DS12C887 can track that information while the older DS12B887 can not e.g. 1999 rolls into 1900. Compared to the DS12B887, the DS12C887 changes the usage of a byte of RAM into the century byte. So I believe you can slot in DS12B887 and compatibles and have it still work, without the century functionality. But I haven't tested that.

On the AIF board, it appears to also be a Dallas Semiconductor DS12C887, but it appears to not be populated on some boards. I think you can take the RTC chip out safely without affecting functionality.

There are some chips that implement a compatible electrical interface as the DS12B887. One of them is the bq3285, and another is the DS12885.
There is a project that allows using those chips in the the socket: https://github.com/necroware/nwX287
Also, someone appears to be selling a compatible module based on the DS12885: https://www.tindie.com/products/glitchwrks/gw-12887-1-ds12887-rtc-replacement-module/

If you want to remove the RTC chip from the board, I think it would best to use a DIP extractor/chip extractor/IC extractor instead of wedging a flathead screwdriver between the socket and the chip. But be aware that the RTC chip is taller than most chips.

Reference:

Reactions: HI_RICKY

pagan1900

May 2, 2019
great thanks! All four Thumbs up!
For the refurbish of the case witch color is the best. My tool seems to be matt black but it is heavy faded out. The site panel seems more dark gray then black. I would use airbrush and tamiya color. The text on the case would I protected with masking tape.

slycooper124

Registered
Jul 30, 2019
AGName
slycooper124
AG Join Date
June 2019
For the refurbish of the case witch color is the best. My tool seems to be matt black but it is heavy faded out. The site panel seems more dark gray then black. I would use airbrush and tamiya color. The text on the case would I protected with masking tape.
This is just my thought but try graphite black. Maybe other users have better ideas, but thats where I'd start compairing.

T_chan

Registered
Jun 6, 2019
AGName
T_chan
AG Join Date
Apr 13, 2008
This is just my thought but try graphite black. Maybe other users have better ideas, but thats where I'd start compairing.

One thing you can try, is do a "restore faded surface" like they do it on laptops that also have a similar rubber black surface, eg with nivea-like creme:

I tried on mine on part of the surface, and it seems to work...
(but my plastic covers are too damaged, so I'm thinking of replacing them completely in fact)

slycooper124

Registered
Jul 30, 2019
AGName
slycooper124
AG Join Date
June 2019
One thing you can try, is do a "restore faded surface" like they do it on laptops that also have a similar rubber black surface, eg with nivea-like creme:

I tried on mine on part of the surface, and it seems to work...
(but my plastic covers are too damaged, so I'm thinking of replacing them completely in fact)

good idea.

uyjulian

Original poster
Registered
May 30, 2019
How to run the DTL-T hard disk in QEMU?
Bash:
qemu-system-i386 -drive format=raw,file=/path/to/disk/image -m 1008 -display curses -net nic,model=i82557b -net bridge,br=virbr0

-display curses argument will make it run in terminal
Replace /path/to/disk/image with path to disk image
-net bridge,br=virbr0 sets bridged networking. You may need to adjust this specific argument, depending on your system/network configuration

-net nic,model=i82557b sets the correct network card for compatibility with the disk image.
1008 is memory of 1008MB. Do not make 1008 higher or you will get kernel panic. This is a bug with the Linux kernel used in Red Hat Linux 5.2.
Do not add -accel kvm argument, it won't work.

To shut down, execute shutdown -h now in VM, wait for "auto-poweroff" message, then kill the qemu-system-i386 process.
Skipping the shutdown -h now step may result in corruption

And don't forget to enable DHCP inside the virtual machine. Adjust /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0, set BOOTPROTO to dhcp
so the file looks like this
Code:
DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=dhcp
ONBOOT=yes

uyjulian

Original poster
Registered
May 30, 2019
A little troubleshooting tip…

If you turn the system on, you hear the POST beep, and the system immediately turns right back off, try the following:

1. Make sure the power connectors are not shorting against something else
2. Try unplugging and replugging the ATX power connector
3. Try unplugging and replugging the power button cable connector

Reactions: Obsidian

slycooper124

Registered
Jul 30, 2019
AGName
slycooper124
AG Join Date
June 2019
A little troubleshooting tip…

If you turn the system on, you hear the POST beep, and the system immediately turns right back off, try the following:

1. Make sure the power connectors are not shorting against something else
2. Try unplugging and replugging the ATX power connector
3. Try unplugging and replugging the power button cable connector
another tip for my guide. thanks

iStreet

Registered
Jun 27, 2019
AGName
iStreet
AG Join Date
Apr 24, 2016
If i read all of this, i regret i sold my dtl-t15000.. it was a beauty and fun to work with.

slycooper124

Registered
Jul 30, 2019
AGName
slycooper124
AG Join Date
June 2019
If i read all of this, i regret i sold my dtl-t15000.. it was a beauty and fun to work with.
how well do you know the tool ps2. i created a guide for the community and if you have info on how to use it that i am missing, i would love to know. i can send you my guide if you are interested. thanks.

iStreet

Registered
Jun 27, 2019
AGName
iStreet
AG Join Date
Apr 24, 2016
how well do you know the tool ps2. i created a guide for the community and if you have info on how to use it that i am missing, i would love to know. i can send you my guide if you are interested. thanks.
To be honest, not that good. I mean i followed what i could find on the internet, and worked with that on the tool. I sold it to someone that works at Guerilla games. He bought it to use it where it was ment for. If you want more info, i might get you in contact with him. Still got his contact information.

slycooper124

Registered
Jul 30, 2019
AGName
slycooper124
AG Join Date
June 2019
To be honest, not that good. I mean i followed what i could find on the internet, and worked with that on the tool. I sold it to someone that works at Guerilla games. He bought it to use it where it was ment for. If you want more info, i might get you in contact with him. Still got his contact information.
i would love that info please let me know. and would you be interested in looking at my guide. i personally come to fide that looking at something tends to jar some memory's lose. maybe it might work for you. please let me know.

slycooper124

Registered
Jul 30, 2019
AGName
slycooper124
AG Join Date
June 2019
out of curiosity, just a thought. wat a gorilla games programmer want with a tool ps2 when their building games for the ps4

iStreet

Registered
Jun 27, 2019
AGName
iStreet
AG Join Date
Apr 24, 2016
i would love that info please let me know. and would you be interested in looking at my guide. i personally come to fide that looking at something tends to jar some memory's lose. maybe it might work for you. please let me know.
I try to pm you, but somehow it gives me an error..

Make a donation