Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

PS2 Playstation 2 PS2 DTL-T / TOOL Development T10000 T15000 Devkit dev kit thread

slycooper124

Registered
Jul 30, 2019
AGName
slycooper124
AG Join Date
June 2019

mekmitasdigoat

Apr 19, 2021
Thanks man.

That was my old one.
It didn‘t come with hdd, probably got removed by someone. The console has a sticker on it not sure if yours has that as well.

Seems like this is a common issue, from google I could find multiple similar cases. Not 100% sure this is GPU issue since there is one got fixed by downgrading the FW.(From SCE Q&A)

Attachments

• C0B68618-9FBE-47B9-B5F7-81AFE89FB016.jpeg
    C0B68618-9FBE-47B9-B5F7-81AFE89FB016.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 0

Wario

Apr 21, 2021
AGName
Wario
AG Join Date
21/04/2021
someone haev a extra blu vertical stand? cant find it anywhere

slycooper124

Registered
Jul 30, 2019
AGName
slycooper124
AG Join Date
June 2019
someone haev a extra blu vertical stand? cant find it anywhere
If you have access to a 3d printer and cnc machine i have the stl and cad files for it if your interested.

Reactions: Wario

slycooper124

Registered
Jul 30, 2019
AGName
slycooper124
AG Join Date
June 2019
hello, and happy thanksgiving to anybody in America celebrating it. I found this video on YouTube, its a disassembly and overview of the tool ps2. it seems to be really detailed and my be of use here. the video is in French so anyone who dosent speak it, the English subs seem to be very accurate.

T_chan

Registered
Jun 6, 2019
AGName
T_chan
AG Join Date
Apr 13, 2008
Big thanks to all the people for the tutorials/guides/... and @hermesconrad for the HDD images !

Finally took some time to install an IDE2CF adapter in the PS2 TOOL I bought a looong time ago (it came with no HDDs).

The steps I followed:
1) copied the 1st HDD image (of the 1st TOOL) via command: sudo dd if=disc.img of=/dev/sdd bs=8M status=progress
to a Sandisk 32GB Extreme compact flash card

2) IDE to CF card config:
JP1: 1-2 (power via FDD cable)
JP2: 1-2 (5V)
JP3: 1-2 (Master)
IDE cable connected to the PCI586 card, floppy disk power cable connected to IDE2CF card.
1648493494775.png
3) booted the PS2 TOOL
got a message that the file system had inconsistencies.
ran fsck by:
a) providing the admin pwd: administ
(note: it expects a qwerty keyboard)
b) fsck /dev/hda1
typed "y" to fix whenever there was an error
4) rebooted the PS2 tool
shutdown via: shutdown -h now

5) ... and the errors were gone & I got a "devtool login:" startup screen

Still unsure how far I will modify the system (fans probably, psu maybe, cmos battery dead), and still a lot to clean & fix (broken plastic, disc tray stuck, memory card slots plastic partially broken, ...), but it's a huge step forward :)

hermesconrad

Donator
Staff member
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jul 12, 2019
Donations
£14.47
AGName
hermesconrad
AG Join Date
11/july/2019
Big thanks to all the people for the tutorials/guides/... and @hermesconrad for the HDD images !

Finally took some time to install an IDE2CF adapter in the PS2 TOOL I bought a looong time ago (it came with no HDDs).

The steps I followed:
1) copied the 1st HDD image (of the 1st TOOL) via command: sudo dd if=disc.img of=/dev/sdd bs=8M status=progress

IDE cable connected to the PCI586 card, floppy disk power cable connected to IDE2CF card.
View attachment 13754
3) booted the PS2 TOOL
ran fsck by:
b) fsck /dev/hda1
4) rebooted the PS2 tool

Still unsure how far I will modify the system (fans probably, psu maybe, cmos battery dead), and still a lot to clean & fix (broken plastic, disc tray stuck, memory card slots plastic partially broken, ...), but it's a huge step forward :)
Nicely done mate

Reactions: T_chan

slycooper124

Registered
Jul 30, 2019
AGName
slycooper124
AG Join Date
June 2019

The steps I followed:

View attachment 13754
3) booted the PS2 TOOL
ran fsck by:
b) fsck /dev/hda1
4) rebooted the PS2 tool

Glad we can help, I will be updating my guide as more info comes to light from the community.

Reactions: T_chan

uyjulian

Original poster
Registered
May 30, 2019
Some information about the important / developer visible differences between retail / test DTL-H model and tool DTL-T model:

• Flashable boot ROM, with DECI2 debugger server installed by default
  • 128MB of EE memory (DMA is bugged above 32MB), 8MB of IOP memory
  • Contains a PICMG1.2 half width x86 processor card
  • FPGA is a middleman between the IOP and the processor card
  • EE SIO connected to the processor card through RS232, allowing to see debugging output of the EE
  • IOP console output through the PCI bus to the processor card, allowing to see debugging output of the IOP
  • Processor card sends IOP and EE debugging output over the network using the DECI2 protocol
  • Processor card can receive reset and power off (not power on) commands, even if the EE/IOP hangs

slycooper124

Registered
Jul 30, 2019
AGName
slycooper124
AG Join Date
June 2019
Some information about the important / developer visible differences between retail / test DTL-H model and tool DTL-T model:

• Flashable boot ROM, with DECI2 debugger server installed by default
  • 128MB of EE memory (DMA is bugged above 32MB), 8MB of IOP memory
  • Contains a PICMG1.2 half width x86 processor card
  • FPGA is a middleman between the IOP and the processor card
  • EE SIO connected to the processor card through RS232, allowing to see debugging output of the EE
  • IOP console output through the PCI bus to the processor card, allowing to see debugging output of the IOP
  • Processor card sends IOP and EE debugging output over the network using the DECI2 protocol
  • Processor card can receive reset and power off (not power on) commands, even if the EE/IOP hangs
Nice list. So I got this strait is this what the tool has over the test or is it the other way around.

uyjulian

Original poster
Registered
May 30, 2019
Nice list. So I got this strait is this what the tool has over the test or is it the other way around.
Correct.

---

Some warnings about clearance when swapping parts on your system:

Ensure the power supply/PSU is not deep enough to cover up and/or intersect the EE/IOP heatsinks.
For the power supply, I used a Corsair 450M.

Ensure the RAM sticks are not tall enough to intersect with the ATX power connector.
Rule of thumb: If there is more than one chip above the RAM module connector, it's too tall.

OK:
Code:
XXXXXXXX
--------

Not OK:
Code:
XXXX
XXXX
----

slycooper124

Registered
Jul 30, 2019
AGName
slycooper124
AG Join Date
June 2019
Correct.

---

Some warnings about clearance when swapping parts on your system:

Ensure the power supply/PSU is not deep enough to cover up and/or intersect the EE/IOP heatsinks.
For the power supply, I used a Corsair 450M.

Ensure the RAM sticks are not tall enough to intersect with the ATX power connector.
Rule of thumb: If there is more than one chip above the RAM module connector, it's too tall.

OK:
Code:
XXXXXXXX
--------

Not OK:
Code:
XXXX
XXXX
----
Cool thanks for the info. Im assuming the ram on the scb is 30pin simm memory

slycooper124

Registered
Jul 30, 2019
AGName
slycooper124
AG Join Date
June 2019
72 pin 32MB x 2, actually (for the PCI-586HVE-S board)
is that the first version of DDR ram or is that its predecessor.

also is there a guide available to run the PS1dev on the tool? id love to put it in my guide and i know you guys were working on it awhile ago.

Make a donation