Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Jackhead
AG Join Date
April 3, 2008
Hi guys,

i got a XBOX HD+ Kit with a openXenium from MakeMHz.
I have a REV 1.0 Xbox MB and installed the Chip on the jtag port. I also add the D0 line from the MB to the chip.
When i now start my xbox the LED on the chip goes on (red) and the Xbox tryes to start 2 times (on/off loop).
After the second boot the Power led on the xbox goes in a Red/green circle.

Well i double checked the D0 port anything is ok on the solder side. Now i wonder is the chip maybe without a XeniumOS?
The wiki say: 1.4 The RGB LED will default to white if the CPLD is unprogrammed and will default to red once programmed.
Will the xbox boot normaly with the firmware installed?
When i bought the kit i read nothing about this point.
Without the chip the xbox boots normal..

regards
Chris

stuntpenguin

Donator
Donator
Registered
Dec 6, 2020
Donations
£1,000.48
AGName
stuntpenguin
AG Join Date
Hi guys,

i got a XBOX HD+ Kit with a openXenium from MakeMHz.
I have a REV 1.0 Xbox MB and installed the Chip on the jtag port. I also add the D0 line from the MB to the chip.
When i now start my xbox the LED on the chip goes on (red) and the Xbox tryes to start 2 times (on/off loop).
After the second boot the Power led on the xbox goes in a Red/green circle.

Well i double checked the D0 port anything is ok on the solder side. Now i wonder is the chip maybe without a XeniumOS?
The wiki say: 1.4 The RGB LED will default to white if the CPLD is unprogrammed and will default to red once programmed.
Will the xbox boot normaly with the firmware installed?
When i bought the kit i read nothing about this point.
Without the chip the xbox boots normal..

regards
Chris

Old post, I know, but lets try to diagnose this.

i got a XBOX HD+ Kit
"The first and only purely digital video output mod for the original Microsoft Xbox. Now even better!"

I think by JTAG you mean LPC?

Does the chip do this or the LED on the front of the xbox?

Sounds like you're talking about a modchip. The Xbox-HD-Plus probably doesn't have anything to do with a D0 line.
Nor does it have anything to do with a bios like XeniumOS.
[aside] XeniumOS is a stupid name for firmware. It's not an OS IMO.

You have double checked your solder job, but perhaps your connection didn't land?
Grab some thrift store routers if you have the means.
Locate serial pads and gain a root shell if you can.
Its a fun hobby and you might just be able to gain to soldering experience and experience with linux.

What wiki says this?
The thing you are installing is very different from a modchip.

I would love to see a picture of your installation. I'm not here to judge. Rather I would love to see a successful installation.

Reactions: Jerich0

Make a donation