Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Other [Nokia N-Gage / QD] NotForSale MMCs Complete Thread: Alpha, Beta, Gold, Dev, P/Review, Promo, ProtoType, Boxed J2ME.

DirkDagger

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Jun 27, 2019
Donations
£5.00
vk.com
AGName
DirkDagger
AG Join Date
Mar 12, 2010
That's good that U still save it. :) Btw, we a bit dig resources of that Beta. There some interesting unused files inside.
Yep, that's version already mostly close to retail (around a month before retail), but in unused files there stored test location,
just with character and some test environment. Not a super surprise - but still cool enough.
Also, all that test data already deleted from retail ShadowKey MMC.
So, keep that G2.0 MMC in your collection. It's still rare. :)

speedyink

Registered
May 31, 2019
That's good that U still save it. :) Btw, we a bit dig resources of that Beta. There some interesting unused files inside.
Yep, that's version already mostly close to retail (around a month before retail), but in unused files there stored test location,
just with character and some test environment. Not a super surprise - but still cool enough.
Also, all that test data already deleted from retail ShadowKey MMC.
So, keep that G2.0 MMC in your collection. It's still rare. :)

Very cool to hear there's some unused content on the cart! Definitely keeping it :)

Reactions: DirkDagger

Tachikoma

Registered
Sep 28, 2020
AGName
Tachikoma
AG Join Date
Some time in March 2004...? hard to remember exactly when, but the forum backup has posts going back to then so let's go with that!
Last N-Gage Press Kit given to journalists at E3 2006.

View attachment 9482 View attachment 9483

It's a combination of an mp3 player and a flash drive with about 250 megs of press material on it. Mostly boring stuff, however.

Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Next_Generation_Screenshots.zip
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Nokia_E3_2006_PODCAST.mp3
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Nokia_Executive_Bios.doc
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Executive Pics\Gregg_Sauter.JPG
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Executive Pics\Jaakko_Kaidesoja.jpg
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Executive Pics\Jukka_Hosio.jpg
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Executive Pics\Simon_Etchells.JPG
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Games Assets\Creatures of the Deep assets\Creatures_Logo_HiRes.zip
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Games Assets\Creatures of the Deep assets\Creatures_Logo_LowRes.zip
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Games Assets\Creatures of the Deep assets\Creatures_Screenshots.zip
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Games Assets\ONE assets\ONE_Logos_HiRes.zip
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Games Assets\ONE assets\ONE_Logo_mp4.zip
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Games Assets\ONE assets\ONE_Screenshots.zip
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Games Assets\ONE assets\ONE_Sequel_640x480_HQ_.mpg
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Games Assets\Pocket Aces assets\Pocket_Aces_Logo.zip
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Games Assets\Pocket Aces assets\Pocket_Aces_screenshots.zip
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Games Assets\Pro Series Golf assets\Pro_Series_Golf_Logo_HiRes.jpg
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Games Assets\Pro Series Golf assets\Pro_Series_Golf_Screenshots.zip
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Games Assets\Space Impact assets\Space_Impact_Logo.zip
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Games Assets\Space Impact assets\Space_Impact_Screenshots.zip
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Games Assets\System Rush Evolution assets\System_Rush_Logos_HiRes.zip
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Games Assets\System Rush Evolution assets\System_Rush_Logos_LowRes.zip
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Games Assets\System Rush Evolution assets\System_Rush_screenshots.zip
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Next_Generation_Assets\Screenshots\friends.ai
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Next_Generation_Assets\Screenshots\profile.ai
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Next_Generation_Assets\Screenshots\showroommedia.ai
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Next_Generation_Assets\Screenshots\showroomreviews.ai
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Next_Generation_Assets\Videos\1_UI_FINISH_E3_MASTER_REV.mov
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Next_Generation_Assets\Videos\2_GAMES_PIECE_COMPS_E3_MAST.mov
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Next_Generation_Assets\Videos\ANTHEM_FINAL.mov
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Press Releases\Press_Release_Consumer_Experience.pdf
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Press Releases\Press_Release_Gameloft.pdf
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Press Releases\Press_Release_Games.pdf
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Press Releases\Press_Release_SNAP_Mobile_Taito.pdf
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\SNAP Mobile\Reaching the Mass Market with Connected Mobile Games.pdf
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\SNAP Mobile\SNAP Mobile brochure.pdf
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\SNAP Mobile\SNAP Mobile Java Games Connecting People.pdf
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\SNAP Mobile\SNAP Mobile logo.zip
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\SNAP Mobile\SNAP Mobile whitepaper_How the SNAP Mobile Solution Works for You.pdf
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\SNAP Mobile\SNAP Mobile_3D Pool Hall_E3 2006.zip
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\SNAP Mobile\SNAP Mobile_Lucky Ranch Tycoon_E3 2006.zip
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\SNAP Mobile\SNAP Mobile_Micro Soccer_E3 2006.zip
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\SNAP Mobile\SNAP Mobile_NitroSpinRacer_E3 2006.zip
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\SNAP Mobile\SNAP Mobile_Pocket Party_E3 2006.zip
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\SNAP Mobile\SNAP Mobile_Sea O'Fortune_E3 2006.zip
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\SNAP Mobile\SNAP Mobile_Space Alliance_E3 2006.zip

Any chance you could or already have dumped these? boring to some is not boring to everyone!

Cheers

Reactions: DirkDagger

DirkDagger

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Jun 27, 2019
Donations
£5.00
vk.com
AGName
DirkDagger
AG Join Date
Mar 12, 2010
Tachikoma, I'm already honestly asked him for that, but got enough strange sh!t erm... "answer" that ~ "I'm a big hoarder" and that he not interested in that, lol. So, sadly that looks it's better to wait when I will find/buy that kit too and will freely share it to web, like I did with all other N-Gage Gold/Media Press kits back in time. 'Cause in this thread sadly only one real "big hoarder" ha-ha, and that's not I. :D

Reactions: Arcadia

DirkDagger

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Jun 27, 2019
Donations
£5.00
vk.com
AGName
DirkDagger
AG Join Date
Mar 12, 2010
Seriously updated whole my N-Gage guide. Added much new internal N-Gage information and cool exclusive photos of Gold/Dev MMCs from my collection, incl. pics of some of my rare official boxed J2ME releases. As always, anyone could feel free to contact me here in PM abt questions related to N-Gage NFS/NFR media collecting. I will be fine to chat or buy/exchange N-Gage media I still not recovered and save. :)

Last edited:

brz

Jun 8, 2019
IMG_20201211_182126.jpgIMG_20201211_182136.jpg

So I was reading through this topic and noticed the shrink wrapped version of sega rally is fake? Mine is shrink wrapped AND has a seal. What's up with that?

Attachments

• IMG_20201211_182126.jpg
    IMG_20201211_182126.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0

DirkDagger

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Jun 27, 2019
Donations
£5.00
vk.com
AGName
DirkDagger
AG Join Date
Mar 12, 2010
As U can see, there are different opinions regarding the outer packaging of the Sega Rally.
If to base on my own experience with shrink wrapped N-Gage AU-Oceania releases, that I unsealed personally back in time,
incl. few SR examples, all was fine with their content inside the box and all items were w/o any signs of wear.
I think if the security N-Gage seal on the edge of the box with original N-Gage hologram have no any signs of re-gluing,
with your release all must be fine. So U can be calm. :)

Reactions: brz

Dr. DinoDung

Jan 24, 2021
Hi fellow collectors,

Interesting thread!

Although more of a Nintendo-guy, I got intrigued by N-Gage some 10 years ago when a friend showed me some ‘weird’ games that he had bought from a thriftstore and I have been collecting games and other media for the system ever since. You can really tell that Nokia put a lot of love (and money) in their gaming system and its games. Personally, I’m collecting for a complete sealed European UK set (+Sega Rally & NCAA football) that I keep in special N-Gage box protectors. I only need Atari Masterpieces Vol. II for the full set. Anyone has a spare lying around? I already folded the box protector for it. It has been sitting empty on my shelf for quite some time now. Sad story.

I’d like to add some more Nokia (not specifically N-Gage) history for the sake of preserving:

2003 boxed MMC’s
These boxes contain a physical MMC cartridge that can be played on N-Gage, as well as some other phones and PDA’s. It adds a total of seven games to the N-Gage system library:
  • Retro Atari is a compilation of 7 old school Atari games. All these games are playable on either Atari Masterpieces Vol. I or II, except for Breakout. That one is new on N-Gage, because Atari Masterpieces Vol. I has SuperBreakout on the card.
  • Nokia Games to Go is a compilation of 6 very random games: Cell Mill, Cell Poker, Geopod, Lemonade Tycoon, Slurp and Solitaire. The card games aren’t too interesting, but the others seem to be quite cool.

There is not much information on the internet about these games, that were released late 2003. Retro Atari pops up on Ebay from time to time, but Nokia Games to Go is ultra rare. They seem to be from the US, where you could get them for a very limited time only. Both these games have a version with a different cover, but with the same MMC inside…

1611488948564.jpeg

Movies
Then there are these Digital Media Card MMC movies. As far as I know, there is a total of 10 movies that can be played on a variety of Nokia phones, including N-Gage.

1611489035261.jpeg

Pack-in MMC’s
These N-Gage original MMC’s came bundeled with the N-Gage in Europe. Flo Boarding is an Euro zone pack-in for the original N-Gage model. The others are pack-in MMC’s for specific N-Gage QD models (in Spain only). The movies on these QD pack-in MMC’s are all in Spanish, unfortunately. The games are in English, except for Barakel (which is in Spanish). In my opinion, Snakes is the only game worth playing on these MMC’s, but they’re all a nice addition to the collection. By the way: there are more versions of these QD pack-in MMC’s that have a different movie (in Spanish) but with the exact same games.

1611489084476.jpeg

Attachments

• 1611489138285.jpeg
    1611489138285.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Reactions: Arcadia and pool7

DirkDagger

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Jun 27, 2019
Donations
£5.00
vk.com
AGName
DirkDagger
AG Join Date
Mar 12, 2010
Nice addition to information abt the 3rd Party Symbian/N-Gage games. If I remember right, there were at least two editions of Atari Retro compilation.
1st one for old S60v1-v2 phones, like N-Gage, 3650, 6600, etc... and 2nd, later released variant for newer S60v3 smartphones,
like Nokia N95, N82, etc... Also cool boxed MMCs. That Nokia Games To Go pack definitely not the too often thing. :)

As for the movies, also nice collection. I have same pack of Video RS-MMCs with the films, but If I remember right,
there could be found some more official physical MMC Videos in the wild. Also quite not common media.
Some kind of stuff, like PSP UMD Videos. That was interesting enough, but not so popular.

Back in time, some companies even released music also on RS-MMCs (Small MMCs with adapter), for S60v1-v2 phones.
Somewhere at home I have a sealed boxed Hip-Hop compilation (for sure official album).
Later when will be at home where stored the most part of my collection, will also add some pics. :)

Dr. DinoDung

Jan 24, 2021
Nice addition to information abt the 3rd Party Symbian/N-Gage games. If I remember right, there were at least two editions of Atari Retro compilation.
1st one for old S60v1-v2 phones, like N-Gage, 3650, 6600, etc... and 2nd, later released variant for newer S60v3 smartphones,
like Nokia N95, N82, etc... Also cool boxed MMCs. That Nokia Games To Go pack definitely not the too often thing. :)

As for the movies, also nice collection. I have same pack of Video RS-MMCs with the films, but If I remember right,
there could be found some more official physical MMC Videos in the wild. Also quite not common media.
Some kind of stuff, like PSP UMD Videos. That was interesting enough, but not so popular.

Back in time, some companies even released music also on RS-MMCs (Small MMCs with adapter), for S60v1-v2 phones.
Somewhere at home I have a sealed boxed Hip-Hop compilation (for sure official album).
Later when will be at home where stored the most part of my collection, will also add some pics. :)
Here are some sharper pictures of Atari Retro (both versions, back & front) and Nokia Games to Go (version 1 back & front) and a stock photo of version 2, that I don't own. The stock photo is the only proof I found that it even exists. I have never seen that version pop up for sale.
The earlier 2003 versions have a nice little window (upper right of the front side) through which you can see the MMC cartridge inside. The other versions (probably both released in 2004) got rid of this window for some reason. Both versions have a (partial) different phone/PDA compatibility.

1611678205004.jpeg 1611678234777.jpeg V1 (2003)

1611678275535.jpeg 1611678304131.jpeg V2 (2004)

1611679407625.jpeg 1611679432272.jpeg V1 (2003)

1611679518056.png V2 (2004?)

Back in the day, MDM published quite a lot of these boxed MMC's. Unfortunately, most of them are only compatible with Palm OS devices or Pocket PC and not with N-Gage.

Attachments

• 1611678501375.png
    1611678501375.png
    137 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Reactions: pool7

BobTop

Registered
Jan 24, 2021
AGName
Bob
Tachikoma, I'm already honestly asked him for that, but got enough strange sh!t erm... "answer" that ~ "I'm a big hoarder" and that he not interested in that, lol. So, sadly that looks it's better to wait when I will find/buy that kit too and will freely share it to web, like I did with all other N-Gage Gold/Media Press kits back in time. 'Cause in this thread sadly only one real "big hoarder" ha-ha, and that's not I. :D
But what about the Civilization N-Gage Gold / Media Press kit? This is not on your site.

DirkDagger

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Jun 27, 2019
Donations
£5.00
vk.com
AGName
DirkDagger
AG Join Date
Mar 12, 2010
I don't understand your question, mate. Please rephrase it. Thanks.

BobTop

Registered
Jan 24, 2021
AGName
Bob

I don't understand your question, mate. Please rephrase it. Thanks.
There is no Civilization N-Gage Press kit on your VK site. "and will freely share it to web" - now i don't understand anything358.png

BobTop

Registered
Jan 24, 2021
AGName
Bob
This is definitely of interest:
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Games Assets\Creatures of the Deep assets\Creatures_Logo_HiRes.zip
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Games Assets\Creatures of the Deep assets\Creatures_Logo_LowRes.zip
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Games Assets\Creatures of the Deep assets\Creatures_Screenshots.zip
But I hope this is not one of them:
sQhKYkqufoc.jpg

BobTop

Registered
Jan 24, 2021
AGName
Bob
Not in collection: _1249_0.jpg

Attachments

• _832_0.jpg
    _832_0.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 0
  • UvCYA7ax_hmutHwUsB449G-g_h0kovQb.jpg
    UvCYA7ax_hmutHwUsB449G-g_h0kovQb.jpg
    366.8 KB · Views: 0

BobTop

Registered
Jan 24, 2021
AGName
Bob
Here are some sharper pictures of Atari Retro (both versions, back & front) and Nokia Games to Go (version 1 back & front) and a stock photo of version 2, that I don't own. The stock photo is the only proof I found that it even exists. I have never seen that version pop up for sale.
The earlier 2003 versions have a nice little window (upper right of the front side) through which you can see the MMC cartridge inside. The other versions (probably both released in 2004) got rid of this window for some reason. Both versions have a (partial) different phone/PDA compatibility.

View attachment 10365 View attachment 10366 V1 (2003)

View attachment 10367 View attachment 10368 V2 (2004)

View attachment 10370 View attachment 10371 V1 (2003)

View attachment 10372 V2 (2004?)

Back in the day, MDM published quite a lot of these boxed MMC's. Unfortunately, most of them are only compatible with Palm OS devices or Pocket PC and not with N-Gage.
Explain, Nokia Games To Go contains Symbian games or jar?

Make a donation