Resource icon

Network Dumper 360 - Create Raw Images of Your Xbox 360 Devkits' HDDs Over Your Network v1.01

No permission to download

Cashmint

Original poster
Community Contributor
Dec 1, 2019
[Network Dumper 360]
Network Dumper 360 is a tool that simply allows one to create a raw image of their HDD or their slim's 4GB internal USB either directly to their computer, or an external drive. If you do plan on using this on an un-dumped HDD, I would highly suggest that you burn the client onto a disk, and boot from that rather than putting it onto your drive. This is to ensure no deleted data is overwritten prior to dumping. In the event of any updates, this thread will be updated with the latest version's download link along with notes detailing what exactly the update does.
The tool has a number of settings available. The first being the IP address and Port of the remote server you plan on connecting to. In our case, the IP and port should match the server you are going to spin up in the Server folder. In order to change the IP and Port of the client's destination, simply replace the config.ini file with a new one with updated settings. Alternatively, you can also change the IP/Port from within the client itself by simply clicking (A) on either of the options in the settings menu. If you choose to do so, the menu will be updated with your new settings, as well as your config.ini file. However, in the event you are running this from disc, and accidentally burnt a config.ini file with the incorrect IP/Port combo, then simply toggle the Ignore Config.ini option within the settings menu. Doing this, however, will require you to type in your combo from within the client itself. Likewise, you can also leave out the config.ini file entirely, which will have the same effect as toggling the aforementioned option. The final option determines whether or not your dump to an external drive will be split into chunks or not. By default, given Fat32 and Fatx have file size limits of 4GB, this is set to true.

NewSettings.png

[Client Controls]
(LS Up) or (DPAD Up) to move up.
(LS Down) or (DPAD Down) to move down.
(A) To Select.
(B) To Go Back.

[Server Options]
The server itself is a simple process to setup; simply run it, and you are done. However, you must own .NET Core 3.1 [ https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet/3.1 ]. To change the IP/Port combo, edit the config.ini file.

Server.png

[Config.ini File]
<IP of Server>:<Port of Server>
This file should be the same for both the client and server.

[Questions]

• How do I cancel a dump?
    • To cancel a network dump, simply close the server or restart the app. To cancel an external drive dump, simply disconnect the drive or restart the app.
  • Why shouldn’t I just throw it onto my drive and run it?
    • If you have an un-dumped kit, the client could overwrite deleted data on the kit making it impossible to recover.
  • My kit is on a low firmware. Will this still work?
    • The lowest firmware this has been tested on, and confirmed to be working on, is 4548. If you run into issues getting it to boot, contact me. Alternatively, if you find that it runs on lower firmwares, let me know, so I can update this.
  • The Xbox is not connecting to the server!
    • Please verify that your server is running on your computer’s local IP address, and that your kit is hooked up to the same network. While having your XDK hooked up directly to your router is ideal, it is most likely not the networking setup you have. In the event that you're sharing internet from your computer to your XDK, follow these instructions:
      1. Go to "Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections" and right click the Ethernet adapter that's used to connect your XDK to your PC.
      2. Select "Properties", select "Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4)", and select "Properties" once more.
      3. Make sure "Obtain an IP address automatically" is checked.
      4. Open a CMD prompt, and type in IPConfig.
      5. Find the Ethernet adapter that's used to connect your XDK to your PC.
      6. Copy its IPv4 address. This is your server.
      7. Go onto your XDK and go to "Tools -> Network Settings -> Game Configuration -> IP Settings".
      8. Set your IP to manual, and set the IP to one that is inline with your server's IP. For example, if my server's IP is 169.254.284.54, then I'd have to set my XDK's IP to 169.254.284.<Any Number here below 255>.
      9. Set your Subnet mask to "255.255.255.0"
  • How fast does it take to dump?
    • I managed to dump my 250gb slim kit HDD in just above 7 hours over my network. However, depending on your setup and home network, this could vary.
  • I found a bug! What do I do?
    • Report it to me, @Cashmint#2459 on Discord.

[Update Notes]
  • 1.01:
    • Client Changes:
      • Fixed an issue where the client would fail to dump the entirety of one's drive to an external drive.​
      • Fixed an issue where dumping to an external drive would display the incorrect percentage.​
      • When dumping to an external drive, a folder is now created on the drive with the dump in it rather than having the dump be on the root.​
      • Added the option to enable chunking for external drive dumps.​
    • Server Changes:
      • None.

Client and Server Written by Cashmint:

Last edited:

Damien

Please note I no longer work for OG.
Jan 2, 2021
This tools been needed for many years. I'm really glad to see you managed to work out the means to do this. Please give Cashmint a like and follow on their Youtube channel.

Ps, there's a false flag on virustotal on the exe/dll I just wish to clarify this is fully safe and just them (virustotal) being stupid.

Apr 14, 2020
May seem like a noob question to ask, so the only choice I had was to dump to a external drive, however had to dump in chunks, aka img_part files, how do I merge these to get the complete hdd image? This thread doesn't go over how to merge them once dumped, i'm trying to see if there's any deleted files I can recover but unless I can merge the part files, idk how to open the hdd image and see if there's anything that can be recovered etc.

Edward_2452

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 29, 2019
AGName
james2452
May seem like a noob question to ask, so the only choice I had was to dump to a external drive, however had to dump in chunks, aka img_part files, how do I merge these to get the complete hdd image? This thread doesn't go over how to merge them once dumped, i'm trying to see if there's any deleted files I can recover but unless I can merge the part files, idk how to open the hdd image and see if there's anything that can be recovered etc.
Hi , you could pm Cashmint on discord to ask him about chunks . I recovered the 4 GB internal memory unit in a xbox 360 slim, that took some working out how to open the image in fatx tools he messaged me and guided me though it.
I had to open the image in fatx tools
  1. Now select drive, then click add partition
  2. and set the name as anything, the start as 0, and the length as CE200000
After doing the above i could look in the image .

Apr 14, 2020
Hi , you could pm Cashmint on discord to ask him about chunks . I recovered the 4 GB internal memory unit in a xbox 360 slim, that took some working out how to open the image in fatx tools he messaged me and guided me though it.
I had to open the image in fatx tools
  1. Now select drive, then click add partition
  2. and set the name as anything, the start as 0, and the length as CE200000
After doing the above i could look in the image .
You could message me on discord if you wish as I prob will hardly get on here (you have me added on there btw, was in your cod 3 server in the past), Yeah i've had him added for a few days now (friend request sent), he's never accepted and I can't send him messages so that's currently a loss on that end. However i'm dealing with 111gb all separated into chunks, which do need merged I assume, opening the actual img file just says failed to load fatx volume/invalid fatx signature, no idea what I could be doing wrong, legit just used the tool and let it dump over night, next day said 100% complete. Bare in mind, I do not want to open my xdk and risk breaking any clips for the side car, I have a xna final kit, The sidecar top looks like it can come off without opening the console, but I cant find any advice or tuts to just take that off, but it may not even come off so idk. This xna final kit is the cleanest xdk and most taken care of I have ever seen, it's never been dumped so you can prob understand why i do not want to open it to take the drive out. Hence why I dumped it in the first place

Reactions: Edward_2452

Edward_2452

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 29, 2019
AGName
james2452
You could message me on discord if you wish as I prob will hardly get on here (you have me added on there btw, was in your cod 3 server in the past), Yeah i've had him added for a few days now (friend request sent), he's never accepted and I can't send him messages so that's currently a loss on that end. However i'm dealing with 111gb all separated into chunks, which do need merged I assume, opening the actual img file just says failed to load fatx volume/invalid fatx signature, no idea what I could be doing wrong, legit just used the tool and let it dump over night, next day said 100% complete. Bare in mind, I do not want to open my xdk and risk breaking any clips for the side car, I have a xna final kit, The sidecar top looks like it can come off without opening the console, but I cant find any advice or tuts to just take that off, but it may not even come off so idk. This xna final kit is the cleanest xdk and most taken care of I have ever seen, it's never been dumped so you can prob understand why i do not want to open it to take the drive out. Hence why I dumped it in the first place
Cashmint is not online much ,ill send him a message about how to merge the files into one.
I was also getting a error trying to open my image but my image was only one file. 1654263885847.png

I just got a message from him. You need to use this tool (fjoiner.exe) to merge the files into one.

Attachments

• fjoiner.rar
    47.1 KB · Views: 0

Make a donation