Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Dreamcast Nanatsu no Hikan: Senritsu no Bishou aka Seven Mansions

SnowyAria

Dec 19, 2020
Someone have a gdi of the game please ?
Thanks for all your work.
As mentioned somewhere in this thread, using binhack with lba 45000 should do the trick.

any proggress on the vga hack?
We haven't unfortunately, no. If anyone gets it working, I'd be happy to incorporate it into our patch and update the romhacking page!

hello @SnowyAria very clever the microbiology lab riddle you put it took me time to solve it.
Thanks! Yeah, when I first was translating it for the original release, I was worried about changing too many things and making people upset with the changes, so I ended up leaving it mostly in Japanese but written out. Now that I have a bit more translating experience, it was clearly a case where it needed a simple localization lol. So we updated that puzzle and also Kei/Reina's mnemonic for the periodic table. (y)

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
As mentioned somewhere in this thread, using binhack with lba 45000 should do the trick.
I found an iso, I can played the game a little, and the result fo your work is fantastic !
@truemaster know me too well now ^^ I'll probaly translate the FMV subtitles in french, but keep the game in english.
We haven't unfortunately, no. If anyone gets it working, I'd be happy to incorporate it into our patch and update the romhacking page!
I tried to put a message in japanese_cake blog page (https://blog.japanese-cake.io/), but I can't register now... It's very strange. Impossible to post for me...
Don't hesitate to request him directly on his blog or via his twitter page.
He's done a wonderfull job with other translation project like "Lack of love" for example
Thanks! Yeah, when I first was translating it for the original release, I was worried about changing too many things and making people upset with the changes, so I ended up leaving it mostly in Japanese but written out. Now that I have a bit more translating experience, it was clearly a case where it needed a simple localization lol. So we updated that puzzle and also Kei/Reina's mnemonic for the periodic table. (y)
Well done, I enjoy the game, everything is very good like a true english version made by a professionnals team.

Reactions: truemaster

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
I guess I don't have the good version of ffmpeg...
I have error "ffmpeg: unrecognized option '-vf'"
Could you share yours please @truemaster

I'm making a batch to inject subtitle directly in sfd using your command. I'll share it since it's done.
[EDIT] here my batch
you have to create a srt folder with your in and out folder in SFD pack.
Next step put your .srt inside with the same name than your .sfd
The batch check the name of SFD and srt and inject subtitles with @truemaster code
Just have the option -vf issue...

Reactions: truemaster

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
download the latest version of ffmpeg. aldo you need to extract the sfd and obtain the m1v file thats the video

Reactions: fafadou

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
Thank you, google chrome doesn't want I download it directly due to .exe I guess.

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
Hi, I build all videos with ffmpeg and your srt pack, but now the .SFD are all a little bigger than originals and I can't repack the game due to datas that not fit in a GD rom now...
Gdibuilder don't want to build the new iso...
Do you have any tip, or what the videos I can downsample like credits for example ?

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
its been a long i dont remember but i had overcome this issue without touching any video not needing subbing

Americandad

Registered
Jun 28, 2019
AGName
Americandad
AG Join Date
July 4, 2011
Hi, I build all videos with ffmpeg and your srt pack, but now the .SFD are all a little bigger than originals and I can't repack the game due to datas that not fit in a GD rom now...
Gdibuilder don't want to build the new iso...
Do you have any tip, or what the videos I can downsample like credits for example ?
Try using any of these commands to play around with bitrate:

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
its been a long i dont remember but i had overcome this issue without touching any video not needing subbing
It's what I did, unfortunately, I replace only the original videos which need sub...

Try using any of these commands to play around with bitrate:
Thanks you very much, I'll try it :)

Except the command : -c:v libx264
the min rate and max rate are already used... why 1.226M please ?

during the "sub injection" process, I had some messages :
"warning, clipping 1 dct coefficients to -255..255"
What does it mean ?

Americandad

Registered
Jun 28, 2019
AGName
Americandad
AG Join Date
July 4, 2011
Except the command : -c:v libx264
the min rate and max rate are already used... why 1.226M please ?

during the "sub injection" process, I had some messages :
"warning, clipping 1 dct coefficients to -255..255"
What does it mean ?
You lost me there, friend 😐 What do you mean?

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
the bitrate of each video can be found using mediainfo. it differs between the m1v then you try to have most as close bitrate in the new subbed generated m1v. and that value is set with nin rate and max rate values. although the @Americandad way is something i didnt know maybe its better way

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
Sorry for the delay, I found some infos about "skies of arcadia uncensored version" so I try to focus on it.

For seven mansion
when I use ffmeg @truemaster command, in the log, I can say each video as a bitrate of 1.2 so I was surprised to see 1.226...
Finally I don't see any difference between @Americandad and @truemaster method... I'm terribly sorry...

deadlegion

Registered
Feb 16, 2021
ive made it work but still some riddle puzzles are given away as before. looks like i have to use some of my made files. heres how to make it work extract the original japanese gdi overwrite the original files either from the uncompressed folder for gdi or compressed folder for cdi use the 1st bin from either compressed or uncompressed folder and take the ip.bin too and use binhack to lba 45000 then use the original ip.bin to create the new english patched gdi
So is there a patched GDI that works on GDEMU?
If yes any idea where I can find it?

After doing some reading I've realised I'm too much of a noob to figure out how to convert the Japanese GDI myself. Yeah I can extract the GDI and replace files but after that I'm totally lost as to what I should do. I've applied patches to games myself in the past for other platforms, but this kind of thing is totally beyond my understanding.

Any help would be appreciated.

Make a donation