Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

McDonald's eCrew Development Program (eCDP) - Nintendo DS

SilicaAndPina

Nov 26, 2020
I looked into that 'Serial Input' thingy.
Its a way to get into the game without knowing the password. As well as the only way to start a game from a blank save file

It asks you for two values your McDonalds Store ID and something about Management or DS cart ID, what you enter for these can be anything-the game makes no attempt to verify this information.

The game will use 3 things to generate a serial password: your DSi's MAC Address, What you entered for the first option and what you entered for the 2nd option.

It appends those values all together (in the order I listed them in)

And then it uses some custom encryption & hashing algorithm to generate a 6 character password.

then it opens up this screen asking for the serial password-

100169386-42bfde80-2f28-11eb-8089-a9336baeddba.png

Where what you type in is compared to the password it generated. If it's correct it'll ask you to set a new password and manager employee number . Which can be anything

(except the password can't be 000000 for some reason..,)

I reverse engineered the entire algorithm btw--
https://github.com/KuromeSan/eCDP-Serial-Code if you wanna see.

Joyonnizant

Nov 27, 2020
LOL - yeah I don’t have balls to loose my job - great idea
you are not a coward for not wanting to dump a cartridge because the internet wanted you to. If you want to dump it thats fine! If you dont want to dump it thats fine! Some of you guys just need to grow up and respect peoples decision. Stop acting like 5 year olds because a random guy has a rare game.

symposium574

Nov 26, 2020
I did some research and apparently e smart is not really that documented on the internet. ECDP was the only result i got from a google search.
I know, but since it was sold I thought someone would have explained us more....
I mean the blue cartridge is not documented "at all" and we found it just by footage and "ways to say", I coul just imagine the red one...

Ekoy

Registered
Apr 13, 2020
AGName
Learning About The Mc-DSI
AG Join Date
Discussing The Mcdonalds DSI
As one of the few western owners of one of the mcdonalds DSI's.. I support nick's decision to share these treasures with us including lets-play videos where mcdonalds inc and nintendo in all their ''infinite-wisdom'' especially mcdonalds when it comes to health wouldnt have. 8000 units huh? Whered 7997 of them be they game-carts or M-logo DSI's go? Always sounded like they were thrown into a cement-mixer (and poured) after mcdonalds had deemed 'the dsi-program over.'

And while code1038 didnt dump it for us.. I approve of his decision NOT to be a beta-bitch and send his priceless treasure of a cartridge back to nintendo or mcdonalds HQ like some fool, (As i mentioned) Theyl just absorb it and destroy it most likely since theyre souless in ways like that. These things (If only it existed) belong in a museum (safe from anyone who doesnt care about them) owned by gamers but so everyone minus the cigar-execs can enjoy these things which matters more than hoarding them, Or just dumping a game cart online. Lord knows how much has been lost because of the people who produced these wonders in factories to begin with. Or being unable to dump most of the M-logo's accessories because you cant dump anything thats not a music/game software file etc online of course. And now with japans shipping closed its going to be even less likely that game cart 2.0 or any more mcdonalds DSI's are recovered from the dark loveless lifeless grip of oblivion.

Well you also have to figure that for each mcdonalds M-DSI there had to be an adjacent-cartridge to go along it. So was it '4000 logo-Dsi's and 4000 training-cartridges' or '8000 mcdonalds-DSI's that somehow only used a few training-cartridges for that many DSI's?' It makes little sense unless the advice of some like mr Metropolis are understood who suggested that one cart was used to beam a downloadable-version of the esmart-cart onto those other 8000 DSI's like a player-2 sort of thing. Now he didnt know that for sure but its some of the only information we have still regarding this still unsolved rubicon as to where the other DSI-carts are because it still doesnt make a whole lot of sense. Mr Metropolis is just one of many who prefer to work behind the scenes you all dont see most of the time but are often digligent in being instrumental in building bridges especially when it comes to these rare goods always on the edge of being ruined. Fate had quite a twist for these few remaining artifacts that brought them out of japan in ways behind closed doors and into the hands of those in america, I wonder why..

Btw why is it not letting us show attached-images anymore? :.

Attachments

• 3 mcdonalds worker brand dsi.JPG
    3 mcdonalds worker brand dsi.JPG
    16.2 KB · Views: 0

Ekoy

Registered
Apr 13, 2020
AGName
AG Join Date
I did some research and apparently e smart is not really that documented on the internet. ECDP was the only result i got from a google search.
.. While its good when gamers are enlightened on information as to where to recover bits of our cultural-heritage like these.. Its also good that its not 'Overly-documented' if you know what i mean. Because you really dont want any of these to fall into the hands of some king/queen-shit who's only function in life is to get ahold of historical artifacts just to lord it over everyone else whove often been following and hoping to be involved in something like the mcdonalds-DSI situation as opposed to some fad-hoppers out there who only would care for two weeks due to something like this situation blowing up all of a sudden like never before. You dont want a mass-news corporation like kotaku or others getting ahold of these or some greed-addict because believe you me they can and if they do theyl just make it their passion to make everyone else feel insignificant over not having something because of a longtime situation that led to scarcity. Theyl n e v e r in any way shape or form share it with everyone.

You dont want nintendo getting wind of this because theres a good chance that close to 8000 mcdonalds-units were thrown into the t-1000 smelting-pit because of these guys, Honestly. And honestly if you have a better theory as to 'what happened', Id share it because what ive pieced together there sounds the most plausible.

Last edited:

Joyonnizant

Nov 27, 2020
.. While its good when gamers are enlightened on information as to where to recover bits of our cultural-heritage like these.. Its also good that its not 'Overly-documented' if you know what i mean. Because you really dont want any of these to fall into the hands of some king/queen-shit who's only function in life is to get ahold of historical artifacts just to lord it over everyone else whove often been following and hoping to be involved in something like the mcdonalds-DSI situation as opposed to some fad-hoppers out there who only would care for two weeks due to something like this situation blowing up all of a sudden like never before. You dont want a mass-news corporation like kotaku or others getting ahold of these or some greed-addict because believe you me they can and if they do theyl just make it their passion to make everyone else feel insignificant over not having something because of a longtime situation that led to scarcity. Theyl n e v e r in any way shape or form share it with everyone.

You dont want nintendo getting wind of this because theres a good chance that 8000 mcdonalds-units were thrown into the t-1000 smelting-pit because of these guys, Honestly. And honestly if you have a better theory as to 'what happened', Id share it because what ive pieced together there sounds the most plausible
Yeah i have a theory that people at Nintendo or McDonalds were planning to destroy the games But there were some people that managed to save one and keep it or sell it. And then nick robinson made his video and then the game gained traction. I feel like if it happened with driver San Francisco it can happen with ECDP.

Reactions: Ekoy

Joyonnizant

Nov 27, 2020
I know, but since it was sold I thought someone would have explained us more....
I mean the blue cartridge is not documented "at all" and we found it just by footage and "ways to say", I coul just imagine the red one...
Yeah it is kinda crazy how the red cart has no sort of documentation or rom dumps on the internet. these games are kinda like a sandwich where only one side was eaten.

Joyonnizant

Nov 27, 2020

You dont want nintendo getting wind of this because theres a good chance that close to 8000 mcdonalds-units were thrown into the t-1000 smelting-pit because of these guys, Honestly. And honestly if you have a better theory as to 'what happened', Id share it because what ive pieced together there sounds the most plausible.
And also it is a good thing for e smart to not be heavily documented, but it isnt a good thing for it to not be documented at all.

ItsMeMario

Original poster
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AGName
ItsMeMario
AG Join Date
Feb 11, 2014
I just want you to know that you're a straight up coward for not dumping this game.
I believe this is a selfish act on you and you should learn to toughen up.
This poor guy had to spend over 3.5k to do what you could have done for free and unfortunately you got the password first which sucks. You deserve no recognition.
Maybe one day you'll grow some balls and share with the world something that should be free.

How comes such a sad troll attempt does not get banned / removed from this community ?

Ekoy

Registered
Apr 13, 2020
AGName
AG Join Date
How comes such a sad troll attempt does not get banned / removed from this community ?
I dont really care about that labeling-word ''troll'' personally but that person DEFINITELY could have said all that they did alot nicer..
That is a good question, Are we going to be shown the manual? Does it even matter? Is it just technical-text or does it have pictures as if it were like DSI-game and instructions for it?

Joyonnizant

Nov 27, 2020
idk. but my too theories are that either being rude isnt agains TOS and the mods dont want to delete it even though its rude, or the mods just didnt see the post and didnt remove it.

ItsMeMario

Original poster
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AGName
ItsMeMario
AG Join Date
Feb 11, 2014
Sometimes such rude comments additonally scare the "owner" away. Hence additional infos and ROMs may get lost forever this way
and prevent future releases/infos.

No matter if he was selfish or not, it is never okay to call someone a coward...or diagnose him with having no balls,
if they dont want/can release detailed informations/ROMs to the public. It has always been like this...in a mature community.

Actually he has done a lot for the community.

I was involved into this McDonalds-ROM-analyze-thing for quite some time and code1038 is a nice guy for sure.
I learned a lot about the background and there is much more behind this story then just a simple
"nah nah nah, I have something and you cant have it"

Im proud I was involved into this, but sometimes there is absolutely no need to explain everything in detail
and just take what you get offered. If thats not enough to you, there is still no reason to become rude.

• Love
Reactions: Ekoy and code1038

speedyink

Registered
May 31, 2019
Some people are entirely self entitled. They give the community a bad look and frankly make people want to share their stuff less. It's like a child demanding chocolate, you think the parent wants to give the little shit what he wants?

Reactions: code1038

Ekoy

Registered
Apr 13, 2020
AGName
AG Join Date
''And also it is a good thing for e smart to not be heavily documented, but it isnt a good thing for it to not be documented at all''

I.. Never advocated for or would advocate for it not being documented at all, Anymore than this DSI.
If you only knew how much i want a trusty worthy programmer to open it up and show on paper whatever unique information is inside, The workers first and last name etc.

ItsMeMario

Original poster
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AGName
ItsMeMario
AG Join Date
Feb 11, 2014
Calling someone out, because he doesnt share a ROM or additional infos ? Thats not an opinion...

Laughing about language barriers ? Thats not an opinion either...but maybe in your world.

This only really is about toxic kids / disturbed adults like you, that will never fully integrate into such a nice community.

mementomori

proto person
A9L Staff
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jan 20, 2019
Donations
£7.46
AG Join Date
Jan 22, 2017
I was censored a couple weeks ago immediately when I posted here insulting the french guy and his horrible english :ROFLMAO:
And no just because someone has a different opinion than you does not mean they are "trolling"
And that is exactly the kind of behavior that prevents builds from being shared, history from being saved and work from being done.

We don't welcome people like you or the other member insulting code here. People like you contribute to history being lost.

The both of you are gone from this post forward.

As a reminder to everyone else, if any more comments like these pop up, feel free to flag them. We'll take a look into them and take action faster.

Anyway, let's get back on topic please. :)

Last edited:

kabojnk

Insert Title Here
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Feb 3, 2019
Donations
£126.57
Again, lets keep this thread on topic so we dont have to lock it please.

EDIT: Please dont test me. This thread is for discussing the McDonalds DS. Further violations will be handed a warning up to full site ban.

Make a donation