Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Dreamcast List of seen GD-Rs #2

thedoctor45

Original poster
Registered
Jun 3, 2019
So lately I've been having too much spare time on my hands, so I thought I might as well put it to good use and resurrect this old Assembler topic by compiling a detailed collection of pics from various released & unreleased Dreamcast prototype GD-Rs that have been floating around out there at some point in history.

Just like last time, please don't hesitate to complement the list with your own web-findings or add GD-R photos of your own personal collection if you want.

The links below include all the GD-R shots & info i was able to find on the net so far:

If you spot any errors or inconsistencies please let me know and I'll take care of it.

regards
doc

Last edited:

Wombat

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Wombat
AG Join Date
14-03-2004
Nice one!
Besides photo's did you perhaps also compile a list in writing? If so it would great to share it here.

thedoctor45

Original poster
Registered
Jun 3, 2019
Thanks, are you looking for any additional info (besides the one that's already included in the filenames)?

PS: Also, does anyone know what the Katana GD-Rs labeled "GOLF" and "GUNDAM" actually are?

Last edited:

thedoctor45

Original poster
Registered
Jun 3, 2019
Thanks for the info. If you have anything to add to the collection please don't hesitate. It would be nice to have a near complete archive of all GD-R discs currently in the hands of private collectors.

Reactions: darcagn

Blai

Registered
Oct 2, 2020
AGName
Blai
AG Join Date
I am the original poster of this thread on Assemblergames

It's nice to see that these are not lost

Let's make the list grow :D

Reactions: SiZiOUS

Tachikoma

Registered
Sep 28, 2020
AGName
Tachikoma
AG Join Date
Some time in March 2004...? hard to remember exactly when, but the forum backup has posts going back to then so let's go with that!
Must have a trawl through my photos, I had quite a few back in the day. Always gutted I sold my Space Channel 5 GDR as I'm still a huge SC5 nut, but the contents of the GDR were the same as the white label so didn't see a reason to keep hold of it for some stupid reason.

thedoctor45

Original poster
Registered
Jun 3, 2019
Great, the more the merrier! Fyi there‘s just been another unreleased title discovered for the DC called "Ring - Legend of the Nibelungen".
I'll put out an updated List tomorrow.

Blai

Registered
Oct 2, 2020
AGName
Blai
AG Join Date
Maybe you can fish some out of these lists for the excel file:

thedoctor45

Original poster
Registered
Jun 3, 2019
Thanks, I was indeed able to salvage a couple of entries with build dates from these lists, here‘s an updated version of the spreadsheet.

Last edited:

Blai

Registered
Oct 2, 2020
AGName
Blai
AG Join Date
Thanks for your efforts @thedoctor45

I have around 300 photos of GD-Rs - including the ones I once posted in assemblergames - so I can send you the ones not present in your mediafire link :)

Reactions: HermitTheHog

Slayer2k8

Registered
Mar 1, 2019
dreamcastcollector.com
Probably not that interesting but the picture of 90 minutes is almost the mirror image of my disc apart from someone has clearly re-written the name on the disc in black marker. The orignial blue pen has almost faded of mine but the date is the 21 or 22 of sept '01 it also states it for review.

Axel85

Nov 2, 2020
AGName
Acel85
AG Join Date
2010?
I'm the owner of floigan bross gd-r . I tried to dump it in the past to release it but failed with the copy to sd over serial method . It stops with an error at start . The disc is perfect and I was able to play it with the swap/bios reset method (without system disk ) . The game looks finished so it could also be a review copy

Reactions: HermitTheHog

Make a donation