Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Fundraiser It's time for another fundraiser!

Since our dealings with the Xperia Play 2 prototype, we've been contacted to save more unreleased games, prototype game consoles/dev kits and some really obscure/rare nintendo hardware that's not been document fully.

Unlike the last lot, this one is split into batches and will be paid as each goal is reached in order from the top.

We've got a PlayStation 3 devkit up for grabs, this contains 3 unreleased video games, and another 6/7 game alphas. Including games dated over a year before release, unlike the other lots, this one will actually be used to fund medical expenses for the owner and in turn we will be sent the system for the museum. I did mention this kit has an amazing decal right?

Ps, this also may revive some extremely early PS HW another party has.

We've then got a QA Prototype PlayStation 3 slim unit, one that under 10 units have been saved for. This system also includes an unknown disc filled with data.

Then we have 3 prototype xbox systems, these are incomplete but function mostly and can teach us more about the development of them. There's also an XBOX 360 dev kit that appears to have been used at E3, although this is unconfirmed. This lot also includes some prototype accessories we haven't preserved.

Then we have a very rare nintendo unit, while a few have been saved nobody's really done a public showcase and we would love to change this. (We also have some 3DS Dev Kits incoming!) we actually will have two sent, but one was purchased by someone else and we'll just be preserving the nand contents.

All donations will give donator rank, if you use ko-fi and use discord this will auto promote you to donator. On site will be manually verified if you have joined. all data will be shared with researchers and the community and we'll do live streams to unveil the items once they arrive.

As before we can accept donations via Paypal via site and Ko-fi, and now we've added stripe/card for donations.

We have many more things lined up, and all donations are used to preserve more video game history for the world to enjoy. We can't preserve this all alone, so we thank you for your support it all helps.

We accept donations via paypal and stripe (card) and you can donate via https://www.obscuregamers.com/donations/donate?donation_goal_id=7 or via https://ko-fi.com/obscuregamers

Thank you again.

Ps, some photos of the first unit mentioned.
photo_2022-05-21_12-48-21.jpg1653161511450.png1653161561227.png1653161580985.png1653161598876.png1653161623590.png1653161677194.png
1653162075108.png

FAQ

Q: What will happen to the hardware after donation?
A: We will preserve all data and the hardware become property of the museum, this means we cannot resell the system.

Q: Will I get access to the data if I donate?
A: Yes! Donators will get a live stream/video once stuff arrives, and then we'll share the data with researchers after this.

Q: How long do we have to save this history?
A: We have a month roughly, some of the sellers are willing to give extra time but the focus is on the LBP themed system as it is the one with unreleased games on.

Q: My question isn't listed or I have a Question.
A: Feel free to post here in thread or message us on twitter, we'll be happy to talk things over.

The total includes paypal/card fee's and shipping for any systems saved.

Return to: Preservation News
Ok well one of the buyers decided to pull out, can't fault them so I removed their items from the list and adjusted the totals to reflect those removed items.

Ok well one of the buyers decided to pull out, can't fault them so I removed their items from the list and adjusted the totals to reflect those removed items.
That’s too bad but it’s understandable and I’m glad that there’s still a ton of interesting things lined up. May I ask which unit it was that was pulled out though?

Reactions: Damien
That’s too bad but it’s understandable and I’m glad that there’s still a ton of interesting things lined up. May I ask which unit it was that was pulled out though?
It was a PTEL 2000 Vita system and a boxed PS3 3000A test kit, and some parts for PS Vita dem units.

Reactions: PrincessBeef
We've then got a QA Prototype PlayStation 3 slim unit, one that under 10 units have been saved for. This system also includes an unknown disc filled with data.

Is the unknown disc a Sony master disc, or an unlabeled Verbatim etc? I would love to see some pictures of it... I like seeing the write side of prototype discs and how much data has already been written to the spiral :D

Last edited:
Is the unknown disc a Sony master disc, or an unlabeled Verbatim etc? I would love to see some pictures of it... I like seeing the write side of prototype discs and how much data has already been written to the spiral :D

I don't have photos sadly, but I believe it's a burned BR-R disc.

A small update, the LBP themed kit......... Has video files................ for an early LBP2 Alpha, which is sadly deleted but we're hopeful enough remains to make it function once funded.

Make a donation