Hokusai Gamecube collection

Hokusai

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
Mar 9, 2019
Hi all,

It has been some time since last time I came here.

Recently I showcased my Gamecube collection to my colleagues (yep, they are real geeks) and I took some pictures of it to share.

Hope you all will enjoy it !

--------------

P1060786-1-1.jpg

So it all started in 2002; when I had my original Gamecube system as a gift for Christmas.

Then I started collecting controllers, because I think (even today) that they are the best even made.

P1060791-6-6.jpg

All of these are controllers were available on the market, even though some of these are exclusive to particular countries.
For example, the grey one labeled "Panasonic" was sold with the famous metallic Panasonic Q.

P1060792-7-7.jpg

The 3 controllers displayed with their box one the right were available through the Nintendo VIP loyalty program : maybe some of you remember the 250 VIP points we got in all Gamecube games...

I am still missing the Luigi one, because I am looking for it mint and in box (and I don't want to overpay it :) ).

P1060793-8-8.jpg

The magazine you can see here is very interesting : it is Nintendo Power (USA) from October 2000.

On August 25, 2000, the "Dolphin" console was publicly announced as the "GameCube" at a press conference in Japan, and in October, it was displayed for the first time to the public at large in video games magazines.

Thus, this Nintendo power magazine is the first time people in the US saw the Gamecube.
And what is very funny about it, is that what you see on this particular page are in fact prototypes...

P1060808-22-23.jpg

On the right side, you can see the white version (and the purple one on the left) of the prototype controllers below.
The most notable differences with the retail version are the Green B button, the round Start button, and the blue Z button on the right which seems more flat and incomfortable.
These controllers were only shown at expo, before launch.
Please see this thread for more info and pictures : https://www.obscuregamers.com/threads/listing-the-gc-controller-prototypes.525/

1579371086642.png1579371108971.png

Then, my dev-gear collection :

I have a boxed Memory Card emulator with the docs, as well as a PAL NR Reader, in box too, and a SN TDEV.

P1060795-10-10.jpg

I also own some prototypes on NR Discs that I would like to dump (Urban Freestyle Soccer, Gladius, and Wrestlemania XIX).
I would rather not damage my dev readers for this, like opening them apart and destroy the seal. More about this later.

P1060796-11-11.jpg

Also, I have a NTSC NPDP Reader, with a cardridge containing the Memory card emulator tool, and some prototype.
I would like to dump it too, however it seems even more difficult than NR discs. Not sure about what to do here.

Finally, I have 3 Panasonic SW-9501 drives, and appropriate SCSI cards and cables.

P1060797-12-12.jpg

I intended to use them to dump my NR discs, however they seem to be unable to read any disc (NR or normal mini DVD).
I cleaned the lenses with IPA 99.9% (Isopropyl alcohol) but even after that, they fail reading anything.
More to come, I hope !

That's it for today, even if some items of my collection are missing here. I may add them later.

Happy collecting !

Hokusai

Pinta77

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Pinta77
AG Join Date
February 27, 2018
Now that's a nice collection :eek:

Reactions: Hokusai

GladiusNuba

Apr 15, 2022
Hey there, do you still have that Gladius demo? I'm part of a little community of Gladius enthusiasts and we have been trying to research demo builds and things like that.

Swift016

Apr 17, 2022
Hi Hokusai, I'm not sure why, but I'm unable to message you directly so I'll need to leave this here.

I am part of a team of modders who are reverse engineering Gladius. We are in contact with several of the game's developers, and believe it or not, one of them recognized his handwriting on that Gladius disc.

We would really appreciate if you can get into contact with us to coordinate a dump of the disc so we can reunite it with the developers. We have access to several archives of developer design documents related to the game and would be willing to trade them if you care to collect.

Please contact me at [email protected]. Thanks!

ForbiddenDoR

Donator
Donator
Jun 13, 2022
Donations
Ā£20.00
Hi all,

It has been some time since last time I came here.

Recently I showcased my Gamecube collection to my colleagues (yep, they are real geeks) and I took some pictures of it to share.

Hope you all will enjoy it !

--------------

View attachment 5229

So it all started in 2002; when I had my original Gamecube system as a gift for Christmas.

Then I started collecting controllers, because I think (even today) that they are the best even made.

View attachment 5231

All of these are controllers were available on the market, even though some of these are exclusive to particular countries.
For example, the grey one labeled "Panasonic" was sold with the famous metallic Panasonic Q.

View attachment 5232

The 3 controllers displayed with their box one the right were available through the Nintendo VIP loyalty program : maybe some of you remember the 250 VIP points we got in all Gamecube games...

I am still missing the Luigi one, because I am looking for it mint and in box (and I don't want to overpay it :) ).

View attachment 5233

The magazine you can see here is very interesting : it is Nintendo Power (USA) from October 2000.

On August 25, 2000, the "Dolphin" console was publicly announced as the "GameCube" at a press conference in Japan, and in October, it was displayed for the first time to the public at large in video games magazines.

Thus, this Nintendo power magazine is the first time people in the US saw the Gamecube.
And what is very funny about it, is that what you see on this particular page are in fact prototypes...

View attachment 5234

On the right side, you can see the white version (and the purple one on the left) of the prototype controllers below.
The most notable differences with the retail version are the Green B button, the round Start button, and the blue Z button on the right which seems more flat and incomfortable.
These controllers were only shown at expo, before launch.
Please see this thread for more info and pictures : https://www.obscuregamers.com/threads/listing-the-gc-controller-prototypes.525/

View attachment 5236View attachment 5237

Then, my dev-gear collection :

I have a boxed Memory Card emulator with the docs, as well as a PAL NR Reader, in box too, and a SN TDEV.

View attachment 5238

I also own some prototypes on NR Discs that I would like to dump (Urban Freestyle Soccer, Gladius, and Wrestlemania XIX).
I would rather not damage my dev readers for this, like opening them apart and destroy the seal. More about this later.

View attachment 5239

Also, I have a NTSC NPDP Reader, with a cardridge containing the Memory card emulator tool, and some prototype.
I would like to dump it too, however it seems even more difficult than NR discs. Not sure about what to do here.

Finally, I have 3 Panasonic SW-9501 drives, and appropriate SCSI cards and cables.

View attachment 5240

I intended to use them to dump my NR discs, however they seem to be unable to read any disc (NR or normal mini DVD).
I cleaned the lenses with IPA 99.9% (Isopropyl alcohol) but even after that, they fail reading anything.
More to come, I hope !

That's it for today, even if some items of my collection are missing here. I may add them later.

Happy collecting !

Hokusai
Excellent collection! Would love to get ahold of that Wrestlemania XIX NR disc or even just the image hit me up at [email protected] if you're interested in selling šŸ‘€

dbandit

Jul 27, 2019
AGName
euphoriapt
Holly shi#@#@#@ and I'm here with my Pani Q, and 3 or 4 sealed GC games...
awesome items mate keep it up

Make a donation