Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Halo Wars 2 any idea what this is?

deadlegion

Original poster
Registered
Feb 16, 2021
So some Xbox One and PS4 promos arrived here today, and yeah I know these discs are same as retail but made with low cost in mind.
I'm not ranting about "omg is this rare?" and "how much is this worth?" insert drooling noises here šŸ¤Ŗ
Just curious and want to know if anyone can identify this game I got along with promos (a a couple of standard retail games).
Disc inside appears to be standard retail (hasn't got promo type print face).
First I thought it's maybe a bundle copy, like to go with a console. But usually bundled games are just full retail in shrink wrap (and M$ seal) aren't they?
Is it simply a replacement disc issued to replace a faulty one?

See attached pics, there are two stickers on the case, the red NFR I'm sure I've seen before (like on Xbox 360 retail discs in slip cases) but can't remember seeing the other one.

As I said, I'm just curious.

Attachments

• HaloWars2_1.jpg
    HaloWars2_1.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • HaloWars2_2.jpg
    HaloWars2_2.jpg
    883.2 KB · Views: 0

deadlegion

Original poster
Registered
Feb 16, 2021
Nobody has seen this before?
I mean even if it's a completely different title, I just want to know why this is like this with the two stickers instead of looking like normal retail.

la-li-lu-le-lo

Registered
Jun 13, 2019
AGName
la-li-lu-le-lo
AG Join Date
2-8-2006
Just a guess, but it might be something that was given either to stores or journalists for review purposes, or it might've been used in kiosks.

deadlegion

Original poster
Registered
Feb 16, 2021
Stores usually got the standard promo releases.
I have some of those for XB1 already, promo discs don't look like retail but the covers are similar (much like 360 promos).

This thing appears to be a retail disc inside, but it's still sealed with the red sticker.
The white "media set" sticker on the back (with barcode) I have no idea what the significance of that is.

deadlegion

Original poster
Registered
Feb 16, 2021
An Aussie seller has listed the same Halo Wars 2 on ebay.
HALO WARS 2 XBOX ONE Promotional / Media / Press Review copy for Xbox One

These are usually sent out to review sites and stores for media reviews or promotional activity

This copy is BRAND NEW and sealed with the Microsoft factory seal on the spine (Not for Resale red sticker used on some promotional items) - see photos for condition

Sticker has slight tear from storage and shelf wear but is still entact and sealed.
A lot of sellers claim all sorts of things about their listings, but this is the only other copy of this I've seen recently (never looked for it before because I didn't have a copy).

He's asking $80aud OBO. Seems pretty ridiculous imo, but I still haven't properly identified this.

Make a donation