Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

X360 Format HDD for XeDK Beta-1?

Atlas

Original poster
May 9, 2020
I have an XeDK Beta-1 and can’t seem to get it to format a HDD.

I plan on getting a newer XDK and running a remote recovery on it with a HDD inserted so that the HDD gets formatted and then seeing if the XeDK accepts it and detects when I have older Betas/Alphas on it (e.g. the one for Condemned Criminal Origins).

I have heard some say that the HDD formatting might only work if I do the recovery via .iso (which I presume is using a disc rather than recovering remotely).

Does anyone have any further suggestions? Thanks!

@XboxSurgeon , i know you and I have spoken about this dilemma before.

Atlas

Original poster
May 9, 2020
Reactions: Damien

Damien

Please note I no longer work for OG.
Jan 2, 2021
Oh, very cool! I’ve been well out of the loop on the nuances for awhile.

Can 1831 be installed remotely or can it only be done via .iso?

If the answer is the latter, would that just involved burning the .iso to a DVD?

The download in the thread above contains both remote and iso recoveries plus the SDK, just remember we can recover data from XDK's now too so may be worth dumping the HDD beforehand to see if you have any goodies to save.

1638749798064.png

For recovery of files (if you wish to try) FATX Tools can help: https://www.obscuregamers.com/resources/fatx-tools.1/

Atlas

Original poster
May 9, 2020
The download in the thread above contains both remote and iso recoveries plus the SDK, just remember we can recover data from XDK's now too so may be worth dumping the HDD beforehand to see if you have any goodies to save.

View attachment 12940

For recovery of files (if you wish to try) FATX Tools can help: https://www.obscuregamers.com/resources/fatx-tools.1/
Thanks for the info! As far as dumping my HDD goes, it is't the original HDD, so there unfortunately won't be any goodies on it. Appreciate the reminder!

Atlas

Original poster
May 9, 2020
@WD , do the Beta 1 apps need to be placed in any particular directory on the HDD for the Launcher to notice them?

Damien

Please note I no longer work for OG.
Jan 2, 2021
@WD , do the Beta 1 apps need to be placed in any particular directory on the HDD for the Launcher to notice them?
XEX based apps should be in DEVKIT\BUILDNAME\default.xex format, PIRS/CNT PKG's should be under CONTENT\ but I can't remember the rest for that sorry.

Reactions: Atlas

Atlas

Original poster
May 9, 2020
XEX based apps should be in DEVKIT\BUILDNAME\default.xex format, PIRS/CNT PKG's should be under CONTENT\ but I can't remember the rest for that sorry.
Thanks for the help! I ended up snagging an old Xenon Demo kit, which of course wouldn’t run 1838, but I gave it a remote recovery with the HDD I had in the XeDK and finally the XeDK recognized it!

So, I’ve been able to finally enjoy exploring that Condemened Alpha after waiting a few years.

Thank you again for all your help!

Make a donation