Empyreal96

Original poster
Registered
Jan 12, 2021
github.com
Easy-Build for XBOX Original

menu (3).png

What is it?

A tool in testing for compiling various parts of the xbox code. Easy to Update script.

• Buildable on Windows XP - 10 x86
• Fixed issues with mstools/idw folders incorrectly being set
• Basic Options for compiling
• 'Unofficial' binplace script 'xcopybins.cmd' to place some built files
• Buildable XDK Samples and other isos (needs testing in xemu/xqemu/xbox)
• Buildable HW Test and Recovery ISO
• Attempt to build a bios rom (This will most likely not boot atm)

How to use?
• You will need access to the Xbox trunk and Team Complex's patch.
• Have easy-build-xinit.cmd on the ROOT of a drive e.g: D:\easy-build-xinit.cmd
• Open easy-build-xinit.cmd
• Follow on-screen instructions

Any issues or suggestions please open an issue ticket so I can look into it

NOTE: I personally haven't been able to test built files yet, I am receiving new HW so on test with xemu and sort out my Xbox in the loft lol

Find it on my Github:

If you want to help the development of Easy-Build, have some issues join the Matrix chat! https://matrix.to/#/!febkSwamiedCsfevDe:matrix.org?via=matrix.org

NOTE: This is the first release, It is lacking in many features that Easy-Build-NT5 has.. If I get time I will eventually figure out more of the build system

Dans34

Donator
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jan 19, 2019
Donations
£5.00
AGName
Dans87
AG Join Date
Jan 6, 2013
nice , thinking about setting up a VM to build this , should i go with server 2003 or windows xp ?

Reactions: Empyreal96

Dans34

Donator
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jan 19, 2019
Donations
£5.00
AGName
Dans87
AG Join Date
Jan 6, 2013
Personally I don't think it matters, I started on 10 x86 but now I use XP x86 😁
went with server 2003 as i had a spare key for it

also just seen your work on WoA , we used to hand out 950's and 950XL's to techs , ive got like half a dozen in my desk drawer

going to dig em out and see if i can get them running your build(s)

Empyreal96

Original poster
Registered
Jan 12, 2021
github.com
went with server 2003 as i had a spare key for it

also just seen your work on WoA , we used to hand out 950's and 950XL's to techs , ive got like half a dozen in my desk drawer

going to dig em out and see if i can get them running your build(s)
You'd be surprised what those things can do! Especially with Windows 10 ARM64 having recently got 64 bit app support

I personally though would go for the official WoA Lumia Project, I haven't updated my WoA stuff in a very long time :(

Empyreal96

Original poster
Registered
Jan 12, 2021
github.com
There's been quite a lot added since I originally posted, but forgot to update a list of new features here..:

- CHK builds supported and now hopefully builds a checked kernel without errors!

- BIOSPack has been included, Easy-Build uses this to build BIOS Roms now, just uses the built kernel.

- Target 'Retail' XM3 and XM3P.

- Build EEPROM Image (Only tested in xemu).

- Various fixes to buildable tools not included, incorrect paths set by 'normal' razzle.

- Various Post-Build scripts to place Kernel files and Debugging Symbols.

- Buildable Recovery ISOs (Not tested)

Empyreal96

Original poster
Registered
Jan 12, 2021
github.com
Got a different kind of update to Easy-Build:

The first TEST version of Easy-Build BVTMonitor! (BVT = Build Verification Testing)

BVTmenu.png

This will let the Build VM:

• Build and transfer the compiled files to the host.
• Configure 'BVT Machine' (xemu is the Virtual BVT)
• Start XEMU with the built Kernel All Automatically!.

This should, in theory, allow people working on the source to quickly deploy and test changes to their Kernel easily,
in the future I hope to enable actual networking between Easy-Build and XEMU!

Now this has only been tested on Windows 10 x64.. I will eventually create a linux version (need to brush up on my 'nix skills) but that is a distant milestone for now sadly..

To view more I have a ReadMe set up with more info! https://www.github.com/Empyreal96/easy-build-xbox/tree/main/BVT

Empyreal96

Original poster
Registered
Jan 12, 2021
github.com
Small update I plan to push soon after a few tweaks, the 4400 SDK is fully buildable!!🥳

It did need documentation files from the previous August 2001 XDK 3823 and XDK 5933 for the required Kernels and symbols needed from the build.. (only old XDK I had that had the missing files)

Annotation 2021-02-12 175345.png

Empyreal96

Original poster
Registered
Jan 12, 2021
github.com
Currently working on a 'DevKit menu' for Easy-Build..

Now initial plans is to connect to the (retail converted) debug xbox with 'Yelo Neighborhood' and have some kind of FTP connectivity, Coupled with Source tools for XDK management etc..

Plans set out in menu so far:

• Connect to debug xbox

• Connect to Xbox FTP

• Setup Debug Dash files (from source)

• Install the built 4400XDK

A few things I need assistance with:

• Has anyone here used a Retail converted Debug Kit? (Or a debug kit)

• What things do you do that could be intergrated to the tool?

• Anything that I should make sure to prevent errors? (Like NOT flashing a build XDK Recovery disc on a retail box)

I will be setting up a (not ideal) 1.6b retail-debug this week and be having a test myself with any source tools available for XDK management and implementing this all to Easy-Build (Screenshot (if it uploaded as it said it didn't for me) is an in-development view of the Dev menu so far, work only started today)

Annotation 2021-02-22 171820.png

Empyreal96

Original poster
Registered
Jan 12, 2021
github.com
For any Debug Kit users who may be interested, the initial update adding the Developer Kit Menu to Easy-Build is now up!
🥳

Currently it supports the following:

• Transfer files to and from the console
• Update the console with the 4400 XDK Launcher (Requires XDK Launcher of any kind already set up with xbdm.dll)
• Shortcut to install the 4400 XDK
• Pop-out console to run Xbox CLI tools (e.g xbmemdump.exe)
• Reboot the console from Easy-Build
• Launch a debug logging session
• Launch Yelo Neigborhood for Functions that provides

I will slowly add features and incorporate more tools from the XDK to the DevKit Menu, for now its basic as it's in testing. Some info on the DevKit menu can be found on the repo's wiki.

Repo for those who don't know
:)
https://github.com/Empyreal96/easy-build-xbox

I have only been able to test this on a 1.6b Retail Converted DevKit (So no 4400 Kernel support for me) but when I recieve the parts I will be able to test on a 1.2 xbox.. This *should work with actual Debug Kits, but christ take caution as I have no idea on compatibility*

Images are the DevKit menu and the 4400 XDK Launcher booted on my box

devmenu.png
screen.png

Blob

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jun 8, 2019
Donations
£7.36
AGName
Blob
AG Join Date
Apr 21, 2010
Awesome to see this tool! Wish I didn't sell the xdk kit!!! Tho this will convert a 1.0-1.5 xbox to a xdk if I'm reading right correct? I've got a few already TSOPed, wouldn't mind converting one to xdk if flashing the correct debug bios is all that's needed.

nice , thinking about setting up a VM to build this
xp works great for xbox related stuff w/ vstudio & the sdk.

Empyreal96

Original poster
Registered
Jan 12, 2021
github.com
Awesome to see this tool! Wish I didn't sell the xdk kit!!! Tho this will convert a 1.0-1.5 xbox to a xdk if I'm reading right correct? I've got a few already TSOPed, wouldn't mind converting one to xdk if flashing the correct debug bios is all that's needed.

xp works great for xbox related stuff w/ vstudio & the sdk.
Thanks! Sadly not able to convert Retail consoles yet, but I do plan on adding support for that at a later date (most likely through FTP when I add that) so currently it needs xbdm.dll loaded and present on the console :(

What I did with my box was flash the X2 bios (that supports my 1.6) and enable debugging in the live config, I got a retail-debug conversion kit off reddit to get the initial xdk launcher set up, never had luck with the PBL route

Oh and a note on using Easy-Build on XP, I got compiler errors for a strange reason (was a fresh install so more tests is needed)

Blob

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jun 8, 2019
Donations
£7.36
AGName
Blob
AG Join Date
Apr 21, 2010
Yeah seems some tools from the heydays don't work well with current or newer xp installs. What did that retail-debug conversion kit do to magically convert a retail to a xdk kit? I'm somewhat under the impression we could run a remote xdk recovery setup if the retail debug bios is flashed properly or would that fail? Do I need to lock the hdd to it beforehand and have the xdk files setup on it? I'm down to testing this out if you wanna try it out! Tho I gotta figure out how to lock the hdds, I shouldn't had got rid of that ole p4 putter! xboxhdmusb doesn't work great under vm! What is the version of the xbdm.dll you built this with? 4400 right?

Empyreal96

Original poster
Registered
Jan 12, 2021
github.com
Yeah seems some tools from the heydays don't work well with current or newer xp installs. What did that retail-debug conversion kit do to magically convert a retail to a xdk kit? I'm somewhat under the impression we could run a remote xdk recovery setup if the retail debug bios is flashed properly or would that fail? Do I need to lock the hdd to it beforehand and have the xdk files setup on it? I'm down to testing this out if you wanna try it out! Tho I gotta figure out how to lock the hdds, I shouldn't had got rid of that ole p4 putter! xboxhdmusb doesn't work great under vm! What is the version of the xbdm.dll you built this with? 4400 right?
That is true, I have been searching for a way to get xbperfmon working on Win 10 with no joy 🤦‍♂️
The pack if I remember was just the required Debug Dashboard files needed, bios loader and a complex debug dash.. as I couldn't get PBL working I just used the dash files..

I haven't added support for using the remote tool used to recover/flash debug Kits as I got told it could mess up a Retail converted unit.

I have an unlocked HDD in mine, I ideally have an unlocked drive as it's easier to put in my pc if I mess something up 😋

I'm down with any and all testing with this tool! I'm just gunna keep expanding it until I run out of things to add 🤣

And yeah xbdm.dll is version 4400, all the files Easy-Build places (xbdm, cydrive, xshell etc) are 4400 😁

Make a donation