Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Dyer's Collection-Asian Mega Drive/Sega Dreamcast & Other Random Stuff!

dyer60

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
Jun 17, 2019
AGName
dyer60
AG Join Date
Jan 13, 2013
Wow, impressive one !
How much did the eternal champions cost you ?

That would be telling! 😉

Actually I got it in a lot! After I passed on some of the other games it was effectively free!!!!!

Getta Robo

Registered
Jun 1, 2019
AGName
Getta Robo
AG Join Date
Sep 29, 2008
Congratulations for your latest amazing purchases Dyer60, whats your wishlist now? Are there any Swedish exclusives you're currently hunting?

Reactions: dyer60

dyer60

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
Jun 17, 2019
AGName
dyer60
AG Join Date
Jan 13, 2013
Cheers! In term of wishlist there are a few things: Teal Mega Drive Asian releaes/the remaining Ozi Soft Silver games I need (around 4/5) and Ren & Stimpy Swedish variant.

Reactions: Getta Robo

dyer60

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
Jun 17, 2019
AGName
dyer60
AG Join Date
Jan 13, 2013
I love anything out of the ordinary and especially a random variant of a standrad release the more obscure the better. Exhibit A, Sega Genesis re releaes with ESRB ratings. Just need After Burner II to complete this mini sub set!

IfSRhbl.jpg

cdWExnl.jpg

dyer60

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
Jun 17, 2019
AGName
dyer60
AG Join Date
Jan 13, 2013
A few more Dreamcast bits and bobs:

RIVSuFn.jpg

A few NFS Trial discs. Chocolate Maid Cafe comes with the original distribution envelope with correspondance and some feebies! Shenmue II is the only PAL game in my collcetion, it is actually an Australian version, it's new and sealed and has had the classification sticker added, by all avccounts Oz only got a small batch of these distributed exclusively via EB games.

lZo04wT.jpg

Afew "Sample" games, these were usually sent for promotional purposes or used in stores to show off upcoming games, they have an additional sticker and tesxt on the disc!

CT56Q9n.jpg

dyer60

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
Jun 17, 2019
AGName
dyer60
AG Join Date
Jan 13, 2013
Two more Ozi Soft Silvers off the list:

ZwVgpYm.jpg

la-li-lu-le-lo

Registered
Jun 13, 2019
AGName
la-li-lu-le-lo
AG Join Date
2-8-2006
Afew "Sample" games, these were usually sent for promotional purposes or used in stores to show off upcoming games, they have an additional sticker and tesxt on the disc!

I have a Sample version of Virtual On for the DC. Mine also has the Sample sticker like your games; it was sealed when I got it.

dyer60

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
Jun 17, 2019
AGName
dyer60
AG Join Date
Jan 13, 2013
I have a Sample version of Virtual On for the DC. Mine also has the Sample sticker like your games; it was sealed when I got it.

Cool. Yeh many of them still seem to be sealed, funny how they never bothered with a spine card on them as well, no need I guess!

Slayer2k8

Registered
Mar 1, 2019
dreamcastcollector.com
I'm amazed to see someone else with the Chocolat Maid Cafe "Curio"paperwork. While i don't really collect for the Mega Drive a nicely displayed collection is very impressive looking. Still think that era had some of the most vibrant and interesting art styles and since your collection is quite frankly pretty amazing what game has your favourite artwork for the system regardless of region?

dyer60

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
Jun 17, 2019
AGName
dyer60
AG Join Date
Jan 13, 2013
I'm amazed to see someone else with the Chocolat Maid Cafe "Curio"paperwork. While i don't really collect for the Mega Drive a nicely displayed collection is very impressive looking. Still think that era had some of the most vibrant and interesting art styles and since your collection is quite frankly pretty amazing what game has your favourite artwork for the system regardless of region?

Thank you, do you also have the paperwork then?

In terms of favourite artwork that is a very tricky question.....not sure I could just pick one, it would have to be Japanese though, probably one of these:

1591216702554.png 1591216843490.png 1591216953275.png

Slayer2k8

Registered
Mar 1, 2019
dreamcastcollector.com
Yes although i don't have a picture to hand if i can remember its something to do with an event Alchemist were exhibiting at or attending.
While i don't own the game Curse on the Mega Drive has always been a favourite.
I don't really know anything about Mega Drive collecting especially Pal stuff is the Oz Soft particularly hard to find or is it just because of the distance involved?
The only thing i know about that market is by all accounts the various distributors weren't that great. I remember reading something about massive delays for the Dreamcast then the launch didn't have any games to support it or something like that.

dyer60

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
Jun 17, 2019
AGName
dyer60
AG Join Date
Jan 13, 2013
Regarding Chocolat Maid Cafe-Interesting, didn't know that. I must translate the included not at some point to find out what is says.

Curse is a cool game and the artwork is ace.

I don't really know anything about Mega Drive collecting especially Pal stuff is the Oz Soft particularly hard to find or is it just because of the distance involved?
The only thing i know about that market is by all accounts the various distributors weren't that great. I remember reading something about massive delays for the Dreamcast then the launch didn't have any games to support it or something like that.

Ozi Soft really did their own thing down under, they released excursive PAL game such as Fatal Fury 2 & Daze Before Christmas, they also went wild with random Silver Box and Cart combos and dual packs. These sorts of exclusives are highly prized with many collectors especially if they are going for a full set or like me collecting random variants.

You are right the whole Dreamcast thing was an issue, hence Shenmue II being tricky to find there!

dyer60

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
Jun 17, 2019
AGName
dyer60
AG Join Date
Jan 13, 2013
A few recent pick ups added to the collection, firstly a very very good repro:

XFOB66L.jpg

And some more Dreamcast NFS/Demo/Trial discs:

EssYYQC.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: hippo

dyer60

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
Jun 17, 2019
AGName
dyer60
AG Join Date
Jan 13, 2013
The Sega Genesis re release "ESRB" colection is complete (well excluding the two later releases-Sonic Spinball and Taz Escape from Mars), After Burner II arrived today:

spacer.png
spacer.png

dyer60

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
Jun 17, 2019
AGName
dyer60
AG Join Date
Jan 13, 2013
A few more random bits and bobs.

Firstly 2 very odd Mega Drive Akklaim variants sourced from Italy. They have standard Japanese Boxes and Manuals, however it appears the Italian distributer "CD Verte" have added PAL style cart shells and new labels! Initially I thought they were bootlegs however the PCB boards in the carts are legit!

My theory is they were picked up on the cheap modified, labels added, distrubter stickers added and sold in Italy. Man some odd stuff happened with Akklaim games back in the day.

N9zlLyW.jpg

OALNYSB.jpg

4fTUmUO.jpg

Reactions: hippo

dyer60

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
Jun 17, 2019
AGName
dyer60
AG Join Date
Jan 13, 2013
Now for some hardware, a CIB Asian Mega Drive II, this was a late run variant for certain parts of Asia and the Middle East, note the “Sega Mega Drive II” logo which was only used for a hand full of games (a few Asian examples pictured) but a load of hardware, I also like the way they used a Euro PAL box but Asian machine!

oYXxVDl.jpg

igJXs2R.jpg

Last edited:

dyer60

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
Jun 17, 2019
AGName
dyer60
AG Join Date
Jan 13, 2013
Added this to my Mega Drive collection. It's a German only "Vorfuhrmodul", it's a a NFS demo/sample of Virtua Racing that was used for trade shows and shops, only a few are known to exist, I had one and sold it a few years ago and I am made up to find another. It may look like a bootleg but it's not!

As some of you may know Sega's European HQ was in Germany so no surprise an oddity like this came out of there, you will notice that the cart is the standard size and has no heat shield like the larger final cart design, the game appears to be the final version but the cart is glued closed so I can't check the internal PCB or chips. Sega used a donor cart shell from another game and stuck a new paper label over it! (You can see that they then blanked out the edge of the existing label with a Sharpie, class 😂) Probably asked the intern to male these....

spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png

Last edited:

dyer60

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
Jun 17, 2019
AGName
dyer60
AG Join Date
Jan 13, 2013
Latest addition to the Asian Mega Drive collection, have been after this for a while, found it on eBay of all places, not quite the condition I would want but will do for the time being.

spacer.png

Fits in well with the others!

spacer.png

Reactions: Getta Robo

Make a donation