AG Join Date
2010?
View attachment 9818

Dirty Pigskin Footbal
port from Sammy Atomiswave
1-4 player
standart controller, arcade stick

DOWNLOAD
Hi, I have a question . Since this aw cabinet use strange controllers that I guess are analogue (not a digital stick) , is there any possibility that you could also port sega bass fishing that use trackball on aw ? I don't think the fishing rod would work if converted . I also dream that sooner or later premiere eleven will be released and gets a conversion

MetalliC

Registered
Jun 28, 2019
AGName
MetalliC
AG Join Date
Since this aw cabinet use strange controllers that I guess are analogue (not a digital stick)
your guesses is wrong, Dirty Pigskin cabinets uses digital sticks. so, there was needed minimum (if any) inputs changes.

is there any possibility that you could also port sega bass fishing that use trackball on aw ?
I'm pretty sure it is possible, for example with Dreamcast Mouse, which is quite similar device.

Reactions: Anthony817

ItsMeMario

Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AGName
ItsMeMario
AG Join Date
Feb 11, 2014
Hi, do I just burn all these atomiswave files to a regular CD-ROM and play it on my Dreamcast ?

stranno

Registered
Mar 28, 2020
AGName
stranno
Hi, do I just burn all these atomiswave files to a regular CD-ROM and play it on my Dreamcast ?
Only a few games have been converted to CDI.

The cheapest option to run these games is the SD Card Adapter.

MetalliC

Registered
Jun 28, 2019
AGName
MetalliC
AG Join Date
it is not CDI or GDI or whatever disc image format thing. at the moment, most of games is shocked when working with such a slow device as GD-ROM drive, and trying to suicide instead :)

Anthony817

Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AG Join Date
May 12, 2010
Yeah they are correct. The Atomiswave uses physical carts that are flash based. The system needed much faster transfer speeds than is possible with the GDRom drive from CDR. The advent of ODE's made these conversions way more feasible. However like said above, you have seen a few CDI conversions but often times they struggle to keep up with reading the data for smooth gameplay.

stranno

Registered
Mar 28, 2020
AGName
stranno
it is not CDI or GDI or whatever disc image format thing. at the moment, most of games is shocked when working with such a slow device as GD-ROM drive, and trying to suicide instead :)
Yeah, I know. I meant CDI as a general term for CD-ROM conversions of the original ports.

Even ODEs (og GDemu, clonic GDemu, MODE, etc) have some issues in their current state. I have seen like ~5 100% stable games out of 15? ports so far. Yet almost all of them can be finished if you are lucky enough :giggle:

Not a complain, of course. These ports are amazing. I never thought something like Teknoparrot would be possible on Dreamcast.

Axel85

Nov 2, 2020
AGName
Acel85
AG Join Date
2010?
your guesses is wrong, Dirty Pigskin cabinets uses digital sticks. so, there was needed minimum (if any) inputs changes.

I'm pretty sure it is possible, for example with Dreamcast Mouse, which is quite similar device.
I was thinking about the mouse ... Don't know why they decided to ruin a fishing game with a trackball when they had the possibility to use a fishing rod

Anthony817

Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AG Join Date
May 12, 2010
My guess is more investment in a new peripheral format would increase the cost to the dev team. Sure they could use Sega Dreamcast Fishing Rod for inspiration but maybe they had access to a trackball for cheaper?

MetalliC

Registered
Jun 28, 2019
AGName
MetalliC
AG Join Date
My guess is more investment in a new peripheral format would increase the cost to the dev team. Sure they could use Sega Dreamcast Fishing Rod for inspiration but maybe they had access to a trackball for cheaper?
if you think the costs of arcade hardware meant anything for Sega - you definitely know absolutely nothing about Sega, and especially how Sega made arcades :LOL:
they did A LOT of weird shit, like using equipment priced at ~several hundreds USD as trivial I/O controllers, instead of using some simple and cheap 8-16bit MCU priced at like ~$10 or less. typical Sega.

Make a donation