Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

PS1 Dino Crisis 2 (Beta Build)

meekzy

Original poster
Dec 17, 2020
I have managed to obtain a rare copy of dino crisis 2 ''trial version'' Reports on youtube say it contains the full game in a beta stage. The file size is 330MB which is big for just the 5 minutes you can actually play in the trial. Now how would one pass the trial limitation? Any help would be greatly apprecated. Linked the videos i mentioned earlier below.

Edit: Upon opening the .bin file in powerISO to have a look at the file's i can confirm the full game is included on the disk.

Mechi

Registered
Jun 17, 2019
AGName
Mechi
AG Join Date
6 Feb 2011
I had a copy of this at some point and there are Gameshark codes out there. The one I know of is the Open All Stages code - 800A8206 FFFF.

psx-collector

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jun 4, 2019
Donations
£5.00
AGName
Twilight
AG Join Date
Dec 7, 2007
There is E3 build... It can be leaked one day. :)

FR0ZN

Registered
Jan 14, 2020
AG Join Date
Feb 22, 2008
I have managed to obtain a rare copy of dino crisis 2 ''trial version'' Reports on youtube say it contains the full game in a beta stage. The file size is 330MB which is big for just the 5 minutes you can actually play in the trial. Now how would one pass the trial limitation? Any help would be greatly apprecated. Linked the videos i mentioned earlier below.

Edit: Upon opening the .bin file in powerISO to have a look at the file's i can confirm the full game is included on the disk.

I can create a Trainer for your emulator of choice which freezes the counter.

meekzy

Original poster
Dec 17, 2020
I had a copy of this at some point and there are Gameshark codes out there. The one I know of is the Open All Stages code - 800A8206 FFFF.
Sadly the code doesn't work. I have tried multiple methods & devices. Emulators and psychical hardware using gameshark.

Last edited:

meekzy

Original poster
Dec 17, 2020
I can create a Trainer for your emulator of choice which freezes the counter.
It isn't really a timer. More of a screen that shows saying demo over. I'll try and post a picture of the said screen.

FR0ZN

Registered
Jan 14, 2020
AG Join Date
Feb 22, 2008
It isn't really a timer. More of a screen that shows saying demo over. I'll try and post a picture of the said screen.
And how is this screen triggered? When you reach a certain area? Or does it just appear after a period of time ?

Mechi

Registered
Jun 17, 2019
AGName
Mechi
AG Join Date
6 Feb 2011
Sadly the code doesn't work. I have tried multiple methods & devices. Emulators and psychical hardware using gameshark.
Can you check the game ID number? It should be SLPM 80573.

SolidSnake11

May 31, 2019
What's up with the clickbaity nature of the thread's name? You know that it's the Trial Version, why call it "beta build"?
But anyway, the Trial Version has been known for years (including the fact that it has the whole game on the disc), I have datamined in the past, it's actually not that much interesting, I'd say the only interesting things about it are the very unfinished version of the Extra Crisis minigame and the unused Super Mario Bros song.
There's no easy way to "disable" the Coming Soon screen, the door that triggers it has no real "door set" script (the script bytecode is similiar to Resident Evil games, but it's not exactly the same, it has quite some differences), instead it has a script which sets a flag that brings up that screen, so the only easy way around it is to use the gameshark code posted there, to jump to ST200 when you need to reach the Military Research Facility with Dylan or Regina.

Mechi

Registered
Jun 17, 2019
AGName
Mechi
AG Join Date
6 Feb 2011
There's a short guide to the trial version here, along with a level select code and links to other codes.

Reactions: Americandad

Make a donation