Dreamcast Demolish Fist on Dreamcast - Extreme Hunting 2 - 5/12

la-li-lu-le-lo

Registered
Jun 13, 2019
AGName
la-li-lu-le-lo
AG Join Date
2-8-2006
I finally got a DC (serial port) SD adapter, and I’ve been playing some of the Atomiswave games. I haven’t tried all of them yet, but all of the ones I’ve tried work, and they mostly seem to run pretty well. One game I tried that I really liked is Rumble Fish; I didn’t know anything about this game, so I was a little surprised by how much I like it. I think the Atomiswave is pretty cool, because it’s kind of like a glimpse of what it would’ve been like if the Dreamcast had lasted a little longer - and the fact that it’s now possible to play these games on a Dreamcast is pretty awesome.

Awbacon

Original poster
Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019
I finally got a DC (serial port) SD adapter, and I’ve been playing some of the Atomiswave games. I haven’t tried all of them yet, but all of the ones I’ve tried work, and they mostly seem to run pretty well. One game I tried that I really liked is Rumble Fish; I didn’t know anything about this game, so I was a little surprised by how much I like it. I think the Atomiswave is pretty cool, because it’s kind of like a glimpse of what it would’ve been like if the Dreamcast had lasted a little longer - and the fact that it’s now possible to play these games on a Dreamcast is pretty awesome.
haha that's funny...The Rumble Fish was the game I liked the least

la-li-lu-le-lo

Registered
Jun 13, 2019
AGName
la-li-lu-le-lo
AG Join Date
2-8-2006
haha that's funny...The Rumble Fish was the game I liked the least
Actually, now that I've played it some more, it's not that great. I really like the graphics and the music, but the gameplay isn't great. One thing I never realized about the Atomiswave before is that a few of its games were developed by Dimps. Dimps has definitely made some bad games, but I think the company is actually better than people make them out to be. I thought the Sonic Advance games were really good, for example. I think the early-mid-2000s was when they were making their best games, which is also when the Atomiswave games came out - those games aren't exactly great, but at least they're interesting. One thing that makes them seem interesting is that they're all original, whereas most of their other games are from long-standing franchises created by other companies.

Awbacon

Original poster
Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019
Actually, now that I've played it some more, it's not that great. I really like the graphics and the music, but the gameplay isn't great. One thing I never realized about the Atomiswave before is that a few of its games were developed by Dimps. Dimps has definitely made some bad games, but I think the company is actually better than people make them out to be. I thought the Sonic Advance games were really good, for example. I think the early-mid-2000s was when they were making their best games, which is also when the Atomiswave games came out - those games aren't exactly great, but at least they're interesting. One thing that makes them seem interesting is that they're all original, whereas most of their other games are from long-standing franchises created by other companies.
They always make visually good looking games that for some reason I never love the feel of

Awbacon

Original poster
Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019

A lazy yet addicting game

x1z36x

Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AGName
Xzx123
AG Join Date
Mar 19, 2013
Great to see all these conversions! I meant to pick up an Atomiswave ages ago, but never got around to it, maybe these would be the better option.

Make a donation