Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Debug OG XBOX Help - Transferring Images to XBOX HDD

alteregotist

Original poster
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
Hey all, hoping someone might be able to help.

Complete noob here so apologies in advance if this is easy. I've had a look on Google but I'm still a bit confused by it.

I have a debug OG XBOX and want to try transfer a game image from an old hdd on to the xbox. I'm not sure if the image works (hence I want to try it) but is it as simple as ftping it onto the debugs hard drive? Will the xbox automatically find the image so I can try it etc?

Hope someone can help,

Al

MrPinball64

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jan 13, 2020
Donations
£25.00
Have you dumped the HDD of the debug kit, prior to copying anything to it? If so, you should just be able to copy the files over and run it. Not 100% sure what you mean by image though.

alteregotist

Original poster
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
Haven't dumped it yet but all it has is texture modelling demos on it. Standard fare for xbox debug kits.

By image I mean a non iso copy of an og xbox game that was backed up to an external hard drive by one of my colleagues back in the day. I'm looking to see can I get it working again.

JustAnyone

Donator
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jan 20, 2019
AGName
mindaugasgt
AG Join Date
Jul 10, 2018
set up original xbox sdk on a windows xp virtual or regular machine, and use neighborhood to copy the files
or use yelo neighborhood on win7+ machines to do the same thing
you can also copy over a custom dashboard with those two methods and then continue with FTP.

Reactions: alteregotist

Make a donation