Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Request Criware/Scaleform H264 encoder

emoose

Original poster
Registered
Jun 13, 2019
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone here has the Criware/Sofdec2 H264 encoding tool, this was apparently included in later Criware SDK releases, and Scaleform GFx had a "Scaleform Video" component available separately which used it, before GFx was discontinued.

Filenames for the encoder are sofdec2encH264.exe or medianocheH264.exe, medianoche was the one Scaleform included, seems only an older medianoche.exe without H264 support is available right now :(

It'd help the NieR Automata movie upscale projects a lot, we've found a way to patch in H264 support into the game but don't actually have any H264 videos to use it with (CRI use their own USM container format which isn't that well known), using H264 would help reduce sizes & improve quality of the upscaled cutscene prerenders.

Thanks for reading, hopefully it'll show up eventually!

(E: many thanks to the anonymous user that sent it in! It was protected with licensing checks though, which is probably why this hadn't been released previously, luckily those checks were pretty simple to bypass. I've forwarded the fixed version on to the NA cutscene modders, if anyone else is in need of the H264 encoder feel free to get in touch!)

Last edited:

laker

Jun 27, 2019
AGName
laker
AG Join Date
Oct 2, 2010
Did you get the criware sdk? Is this the pc version? Is there a version of ps3 or ps4?

emoose

Original poster
Registered
Jun 13, 2019
Did you get the criware sdk? Is this the pc version? Is there a version of ps3 or ps4?
Nah I was sent an updated version of the Scaleform encoder, the last one before Scaleform GFx was discontinued. Seems it can create videos for PS4 though, but no code for it.

Only thing I've found for modern CRI SDKs is a partial PC SDK on archive.org, had some headers/libs but no tools sadly.

Seems at some point around the mid 2010s people were able to get eval SDKs from them pretty easily, but nobody I asked still had the files for them, looks like CRI started vetting their eval requests more now since none of my requests even got a single answer :(

Last edited:

L33T_HAK0R

Dec 14, 2021
(E: many thanks to the anonymous user that sent it in! It was protected with licensing checks though, which is probably why this hadn't been released previously, luckily those checks were pretty simple to bypass. I've forwarded the fixed version on to the NA cutscene modders, if anyone else is in need of the H264 encoder feel free to get in touch!)
Would you happen to be able to chuck the encoder my way, tried to shoot you a DM but not sure how to on this site

Make a donation