Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Request Crimson Dragon Xbox 360 demo?

Virtua Hunter

Original poster
Registered
Jun 23, 2019
Hello

many years ago, the Xbox360 demo of Crimson Dragon appeared on japanese X360 marketplace, but was removed.

Luckly some people were fast enough to download and store it on their hard disks, unfortunaly no one shared this demo.
Is there a chance that it will be shared in future? Or someone here own this demo?

Reactions: Deleted member 12

Virtua Hunter

Original poster
Registered
Jun 23, 2019
I tried the demo, but unfortunately it doesn't work :(
The Xbox360 dashboard says that the file is damaged.

Is there another source where I can download the demo?

Riley541

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jan 23, 2019
I tried the demo, but unfortunately it doesn't work :(
The Xbox360 dashboard says that the file is damaged.

Is there another source where I can download the demo?
Nah it works. Did you try running it on xdk or rgh? On rgh just simply put into the content folder and then it will show up in games. On xdk you may have to extract it to get raw files and then convert xex to dev.

Virtua Hunter

Original poster
Registered
Jun 23, 2019
no mod, on a retail 360.
I see, I though it was standard DRM-free demo, so I'm out of luck?

D

Deleted member 12

Oooh yeah unfortunatly you need a modded xbox or a dev kit with this one. You might be able to use horizon to add your system and account id but honestly i doubt that would work

Virtua Hunter

Original poster
Registered
Jun 23, 2019
I'll keep the demo for when I'll repair and mod my second broken 360, so thanks again :)

So this is the only rip available of Crimson Dragon demo?
It's really strange that it doesn't work on a retail console.

Anthony817

Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AG Join Date
May 12, 2010
You could always try Xenia. Worth a shot.

Virtua Hunter

Original poster
Registered
Jun 23, 2019
I forgot to ask, is it possible to unlock the full game like in other XBLA games?

Wombat

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Wombat
AG Join Date
14-03-2004
So this is the only rip available of Crimson Dragon demo?
It's really strange that it doesn't work on a retail console.
The reason it doesn't work on a (stock) retail console is the fact that the demo shared has been extracted/modified, it's not an untouched copy of the demo that was live on the Marketplace for a bit.

Reactions: Edward_2452

Virtua Hunter

Original poster
Registered
Jun 23, 2019
The reason it doesn't work on a (stock) retail console is the fact that the demo shared has been extracted/modified, it's not an untouched copy of the demo that was live on the Marketplace for a bit.

I see.
So if the ones who were able to download from marketplace at the time share their demo, it will probably work on retail console right?

Wombat

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Wombat
AG Join Date
14-03-2004
Correct if someone has the untouched demo from the Marketplace and they make a 1:1 copy, it will work on retail consoles.

MKKhanzo

Registered
Aug 13, 2019
Woah! Never knew of this release! Hmmm they used all these assets and stages on the mobile only Crimson Dragon: Side Story for their WP10 phones. Even the music!

I found that game pretty good actually, even with the touch controls.

Sadly, this is Kinect controls only. I hope one day, one could hack regular control pad handling!

Americandad

Registered
Jun 28, 2019
AGName
Americandad
AG Join Date
July 4, 2011
Since I'm currently starting to get into the 360, can you please explain how that is possible? How can you start something downloaded from the web on a retail 360 at all? And if there's a way, why has no one done a soft-mod using such a method so far?
Because demos/trials are generally DRM free. That's why you can go to a place like digiex and get a bunch of demos/free dlc.

D

Deleted member 12

You plug a usb into your xbox, format it, then plug it into pc, and use a tool called horizon or modio and transfer the files over to the usb cause thoes tools do that, then plug it back in and move it to console. you can even mod saves without a modded xbox this way

Make a donation