Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

GC Can you get ProDG working with the BBA on a TDEV?

deadhead69

Original poster
Registered
Sep 7, 2020
So I've had a TDEV for about 5 years now, but it didn't come with the USB interface. It even still has the black SNSystems cover that goes over the serial port and has a hole for the cord, but the cord is nowhere to be found... I've just never been able to find one. On the rare occasion a TDEV pops on ebay or something it's either missing the cord or way out of my price range, and no one wants to sell just the cord. It's way outside of my area of expertise to create my own cord. I'd like to use this system to make a small demo game eventually, but I don't want to be stuck with just codewarrior. At this point I've never attempted to use it at all, but it is my understanding that you need the BBA to use codewarrior and the USB cable to use ProDG. Has anyone out there gotten prodg to work with the BBA, or messed around with creating a reproduction cord? I saw someone made some kind of SD card interface for the serial port to play games from, so Im thinking there's probably a few people out here that would be able to do this. It seems like this SD card interface from retrorgb would be pretty much the same thing if you removed the SD card and put a usb cable on it?

Last edited:

kennypecheur

Donator
Donator
Registered
Aug 16, 2019
Donations
£5.00
AGName
kennypecheur
AG Join Date
19/05/2014
Hi Deadhead,

I do have that cable and I have been able to connect my TDEV to my laptop in order to run Swiss. But I didn't remember which NR disc I was using in my TDEV (I have several NR-Disc softwares, including BBA). I may be able to tell this to you later this week.

I am also wondering if there is a possibility to use the Broadband adapter to send code to the TDEV, as the ProDG software offers the possibility to setup a connection to a TDEV using an IP adress.

Anyway, that would indeed be interesting to know if there is a way to replicate this cable.

Baptiste.

Trimesh

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
Trimesh
AG Join Date
Jul 4, 2008
I had a look at it a while ago - the PCB is pretty simple, just a Cypress EasyUSB 2 chip and a little CPLD. The main thing that needs to be worked out is how to program the CPLD - it's obviously essentially just a EXI bus (I.E. SPI) to parallel converter, but it needs someone that's good at reverse engineering Power PC object code to look at the client and work out how all the registers are laid out.

Reactions: Dragoon

deadhead69

Original poster
Registered
Sep 7, 2020
Hi Deadhead,

I do have that cable and I have been able to connect my TDEV to my laptop in order to run Swiss. But I didn't remember which NR disc I was using in my TDEV (I have several NR-Disc softwares, including BBA). I may be able to tell this to you later this week.

I am also wondering if there is a possibility to use the Broadband adapter to send code to the TDEV, as the ProDG software offers the possibility to setup a connection to a TDEV using an IP adress.

Anyway, that would indeed be interesting to know if there is a way to replicate this cable.

Baptiste.
So if it is possible to setup ProDG with the BBA, I'm assuming you still need the same disc used for prodg with the cable and not the BBACONFIG disc? I have a disc labelled "FOR USE WITH DEBUGGER" which was sold to me as the prodg boot disc(I think actually you sold these to me haha), and one labelled BBACONFIG 1.8.04, but I also have an NR writer and a few blank discs if I need another one.. These discs have been quite expensive lately though so I dont want to burn one if I dont need to

Last edited:

viper

Oct 8, 2019
AGName
viper
AG Join Date
3-28-2011
So if it is possible to setup ProDG with the BBA, I'm assuming you still need the same disc used for prodg with the cable and not the BBACONFIG disc? I have a disc labelled "FOR USE WITH DEBUGGER" which was sold to me as the prodg boot disc(I think actually you sold these to me haha), and one labelled BBACONFIG 1.8.04, but I also have an NR writer and a few blank discs if I need another one.. These discs have been quite expensive lately though so I dont want to burn one if I dont need to
Hi, deadhead69. Anyway you can make a dump of the BBA CONFIG DISC for the TDEV and the Debugger Disc? I already have the TDEV OS Disc. Also can the TDEV send over ISO or GCM files to the tdev to play them via streaming? Please reply when you get this message.

Thanks

Viper

Make a donation