Edward_2452

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
May 29, 2019
AGName
james2452
Has anyone else modded cod 3 or am i the only one ?

Anthony817

Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AG Join Date
May 12, 2010
Hi, I am a huge fan of the game. I own the game for Xbox 360 and still play it online. I have ported over some of the Xbox 360 cheats to the PS3 version, and also modded the game to swap L1 and R1 inputs with the L2 and R2 inputs to use L2 and R2 for aiming and shooting to feel more like the Xbox version.

Just place these files into the root folder of the extracted ISO of the game and play with the A config's for MP and SP. They should just be drag and drop as I kept the same file structure as they had in the game.

Here are the binds of the original cheats ported to PS3. All I did was changed the layout of the shoulder and triggers to reflect the same way they were on Xbox 360.

bind UPARROW "noclip"
bind DOWNARROW "dropweapon"
bind LEFTARROW "toggle timescale 5 1 .5"
bind RIGHTARROW "give all"

bind L2 "+speed" (Aim)
bind R2 "+attack" (Shoot)
bind L1 "+grenadeattack" (Throw Grenade)
bind R1 "+class" (Class specific gadget)

If anybody knows of any REAL mods for this game, such as changing out the vehicles in multiplayer for real Jeeps, using alternate weapons only found in singleplayer, or loading up of SP maps in Multiplayer please let me know! I have wished this game got real useful mods for years. So many content that was used in SP only could have been added to the MP portion.

Reactions: Edward_2452

Edward_2452

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
May 29, 2019
AGName
james2452
Nice to find someone else that loves messing with the game. You can change many things in the game like:
The model of guns.
Vehicles on the map.
Guns damage, ammo and range of the shoot.
Objects on the map like the trees or hay bales ect.
I spent so long messing with the game. :love:
Also added Lastmanstanding back.

Reactions: Anthony817

Anthony817

Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AG Join Date
May 12, 2010
Holy shit that is cool! Could you please explain how I could get for instance, Jeeps on Poisson and possibly the Tiger or Panther from the end of the game? I forgot what tank it was I want to say King Tiger but could have been a Panther?

So how can we get this Last Man Standing game mode enabled? Like I said I mod the PS3 version because I keep my 360 version for playing legit online. What version do you mod the 360 or PS3 version?

Also any idea how I could play the game over Xlink Kai? I tried to host a local game but got an error about not being signed into PSN. As my console has been banned because I was careless with playing online games that were flagged I am really wanting to try and play with mods with like minded people. If we could use more of the awesome vehicles and weapons from singleplayer like the FG-42 or Bren in multiplayer it would be awesome.

Anthony817

Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AG Join Date
May 12, 2010
Wait, I just got an idea. Does this mean we could mod in the British SAS faction into multiplayer? That would be so cool! If that is possible it would be great. We could also maybe mod in singleplayer maps to have them used for the British faction if possible so as to not take up the space of official multiplayer maps.

Edward_2452

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
May 29, 2019
AGName
james2452
You can only add stuff thats in the map. Shame as i wanted a sniper rifle thats only in SP , i tryed putting it in MP but it does not show the gun.
The picture above iv also changed the trees. The last man standing mode is a config file iv made and i also changed a .cod file. Its been years since i messed with this game..

Anthony817

Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AG Join Date
May 12, 2010
Damn that is a shame then. There must be some way for us to add these files to the Multiplayer. What tools do you use to edit stuff on the maps? Have you tried copying the SP maps to the MP folder?

I keep trying to get COD 3 working from a local game but there is a message that pops up preventing me from making a local game. It says I have to be signed into the network first. That sucks because I have a banned console. How do you play yours online? I assume you have a Xbox 360 DVD firmware exploit allowing you to play burned games?

I thought about at least flashing the firmware on mine but just don't want to continuously have to update it when a new dashboard update comes out.

Edward_2452

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
May 29, 2019
AGName
james2452
I used to hotswap the retail disc for my copyed disc. I got banned in the end because i put videos on youtube. :cautious:
To change the map files just drop them in a hex editor change them and save it.

deciverse

Mar 2, 2022
AGName
jmhhjm
AG Join Date
04/24/98
eBay Username
hhkhiji
I used to hotswap the retail disc for my copyed disc. I got banned in the end because i put videos on youtube. :cautious:
To change the map files just drop them in a hex editor change them and save it.
Are you still active on this account? Would you be able to go into a bit more detail on how you were able to do that? New to modding, apologies

Edward_2452

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
May 29, 2019
AGName
james2452
Are you still active on this account? Would you be able to go into a bit more detail on how you were able to do that? New to modding, apologies
I used to add button commands to the config.cfg to have them on pad button or they can be at the bottom of the config so they exec them when the game starts.
Later on i looked in the map files using HxD editor and saw everything in the map you can change. You can change weapon model, vehicles, ammo, time, trees and lots more.
Somethings are strange like the bike ride height is the ammo for a gun.

Edward_2452

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
May 29, 2019
AGName
james2452
Holy shit that is cool! Could you please explain how I could get for instance, Jeeps on Poisson and possibly the Tiger or Panther from the end of the game? I forgot what tank it was I want to say King Tiger but could have been a Panther?

So how can we get this Last Man Standing game mode enabled? Like I said I mod the PS3 version because I keep my 360 version for playing legit online. What version do you mod the 360 or PS3 version?

Also any idea how I could play the game over Xlink Kai? I tried to host a local game but got an error about not being signed into PSN. As my console has been banned because I was careless with playing online games that were flagged I am really wanting to try and play with mods with like minded people. If we could use more of the awesome vehicles and weapons from singleplayer like the FG-42 or Bren in multiplayer it would be awesome.
I missed your message , if you want a modded Poisson map i did years ago , i still have it. I was going to change it as one weapon take forever to reload but it has a funny thing you could do on the bike . I put loads of tanks and some jeeps in it , changed the trees, weapon models , text, ammo and im not sure what else i changed.

Ready for war on Poisson . Iv also add different trees.
1646236251262.png
Loads of jeeps on Eder Dam. Sniper rifle model is the bar.
1646236277615.png
Shot gun model changed to a bazooka.
1646236341469.png
Flag is a mine.
1646236471672.png
Maxed out game time.
1646236511429.png

No tress.
1646236560782.png

Reactions: Anthony817

Anthony817

Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AG Join Date
May 12, 2010
That is awesome yes please if you coudl share it I would hope some of it is able to be ported to the PS3 version. I was hoping people would mod in like more factions and weapons from singleplayer. So much unused potential in this game for more maps and factions. Like so much content already in the game. Makes me wonder if we can load up singleplayer levels in multiplayer? I mean I always had hoped there would be big plans for this game, perhaps somebody FINALLY reverse engineering the damn game for PC with soome help from Ghidra and letting us really open up the game to modding. Imagine the King TIger in multiplayer, damn would be so cool. Or Polish, British or Canadian forces too. All the content exists for it, so hopefully possible.

Edward_2452

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
May 29, 2019
AGName
james2452
That is awesome yes please if you coudl share it I would hope some of it is able to be ported to the PS3 version. I was hoping people would mod in like more factions and weapons from singleplayer. So much unused potential in this game for more maps and factions. Like so much content already in the game. Makes me wonder if we can load up singleplayer levels in multiplayer? I mean I always had hoped there would be big plans for this game, perhaps somebody FINALLY reverse engineering the damn game for PC with soome help from Ghidra and letting us really open up the game to modding. Imagine the King TIger in multiplayer, damn would be so cool. Or Polish, British or Canadian forces too. All the content exists for it, so hopefully possible.
It needs to be done in the Call of Duty 3 PS3 maps , if you can upload the Poisson map ? They are a bit different builds.
Funny thing i used to do was join someones game online that had no vehicles then i would use a command to change the map to one that has vehicles. I would be on a different map to everyone else and they are running around on my map . I tryed adding SP stuff to MP but it would crash, as i'm not to good at that.
I saw someone playing it on a PC it must have been made to run on one .

Edward_2452

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
May 29, 2019
AGName
james2452
How would someone port it to the PC ? and what version would they use the Xbox OG or Xbox 360 build .

DeltaSixFive

Donator
Donator
Jul 21, 2019
Donations
£42.22
A shame they never made a build for PC, the engine is somewhat a one way thing, after this treyarch adapated what IW made during cod4 for the next project.

Edward_2452

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
May 29, 2019
AGName
james2452
A shame they never made a build for PC, the engine is somewhat a one way thing, after this treyarch adapated what IW made during cod4 for the next project.
There must of been a PC build. The game was made on the PC ? . Iv added a unreleased game to the TR3 that using the NGL engine and made by Activision and it only released on the PC at the time.

BilliamPG

Jul 1, 2022
Hey there! How can I open .cod files in order to access game assets such as textures and models? I'm a game porter and have been trying to get info on how to port from this game for ages! Any info would be much appreciated! Also if anyone knows how to get into ".wbk" files for audio, that would be awesome too! Thanks in advance!

My discord is (William_#9737)

Thanks!

Edward_2452

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
May 29, 2019
AGName
james2452
Hey there! How can I open .cod files in order to access game assets such as textures and models? I'm a game porter and have been trying to get info on how to port from this game for ages! Any info would be much appreciated! Also if anyone knows how to get into ".wbk" files for audio, that would be awesome too! Thanks in advance!

My discord is (William_#9737)

Thanks!
I just use a hex editor all the stuff you can change is readable in it. You can change stuff on the map, ammo, health, models, damage and lots more.
1656850058405.png

Anthony817

Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AG Join Date
May 12, 2010
So uh, since Insignia is reviving OG Xbox Live, I thought that the Xbox COD 3 port might make the most sense to modify since a lot more people would be able to literally play it online easily and not have to mess with iso mods or tunneling software to play a local game online. I was wondering if anybody would like to try and start a team to mod that version of the game? So that way we can have the ultimate version for 6th gen consoles that supported full online with all new factions and weapons from the singleplayer campaign. I wonder how possible it would be to get singleplayer maps working as well?

How would someone port it to the PC ? and what version would they use the Xbox OG or Xbox 360 build .

OG Xbox is literally X86, so that would be the ideal version for somebody well versed in reverse engineering with Ghidra or similar could use. That would be the easiest path to decompile this game and then in the future people could add the HD Xbox models and add other effects.

There must of been a PC build. The game was made on the PC ? . Iv added a unreleased game to the TR3 that using the NGL engine and made by Activision and it only released on the PC at the time.

Nah never had a PC port. Treyarch already had like 5 consoles to port this game to at the time, adding PC was just too much for them as they had only 8 months from conception to the finished project to get the game released. Nothing short of impressive what they managed to achieve in so little time.

Make a donation