Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Atomiswave games to DC...CAN IT BE POSSIBLE?

Xaeroxcore

Original poster
Registered
Aug 22, 2019
AGName
xaeroxcore
AG Join Date
Oct 17, 2012
you are damn right
I think I would start with metal slug 6
And you, or someone else coincidentally, did it!!!

Can it be played on dreamshell SD?

OMG can´t wait to play Faster Than Speed, KOF Neowave, KOF XI and Samurai VI on DC....Jingi Storm is on Atomiswave or Naomi?

Reactions: MKKhanzo

dark

Registered
Jun 19, 2019
AGName
dark
AG Join Date
September 2, 2011
OMG groundbreaking! The dreamcast is going to have the coolest game library ever if one can access the Atomiswave library.

megavolt85

DreamShell Developer
Registered
Jun 17, 2019
www.dc-swat.ru
AGName
megavolt85
AG Join Date

Xaeroxcore

Original poster
Registered
Aug 22, 2019
AGName
xaeroxcore
AG Join Date
Oct 17, 2012
porting takes more than one day :)

the video is not mine, but the port on the video is mine

no, only HDD
Darn, hope it can be played on SD or, even better, iso CD-ROM soon. And can (or might) it be played on DC emulator?

Anthony817

Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AG Join Date
May 12, 2010

Not sure if lost in translation or if a bit of humor on your part hehe. But I think he should have phrased the question a bit better, something like "Could you port the game named Faster than Speed?"... ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Esppiral

Mathieulh

Problem Solver
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Mathieulh
AG Join Date
01/01/2006
And you, or someone else coincidentally, did it!!!

Can it be played on dreamshell SD?

OMG can´t wait to play Faster Than Speed, KOF Neowave, KOF XI and Samurai VI on DC....Jingi Storm is on Atomiswave or Naomi?

Jingi Storm is Naomi, it uses assets from force five which is an unreleased Atomiswave game however.

Reactions: Xaeroxcore

Xaeroxcore

Original poster
Registered
Aug 22, 2019
AGName
xaeroxcore
AG Join Date
Oct 17, 2012

the video is not mine, but the port on the video is mine

no, only HDD

Now you did it with KOF XI.....AMAZING....please....cdi or something that works on Dreamshell SD!! pleaseeeeee! Thank you for this amazing work man!!!

Last edited:

stranno

Registered
Mar 28, 2020
AGName
stranno
Now you did it with KOF XI.....AMAZING....please....cdi of something that works on Dreamshell SD!! pleaseeeeee! Thank you for this amazing work man!!!
KOFXI seems way more datarate sensitive than MS6, so it will be probably unplayable on SD/CD.

Xaeroxcore

Original poster
Registered
Aug 22, 2019
AGName
xaeroxcore
AG Join Date
Oct 17, 2012
KOFXI seems way more datarate sensitive than MS6, so it will be probably unplayable on SD/CD.
But is playable on DVD in the PS2/Xbox port.

Anthony817

Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AG Join Date
May 12, 2010
HAHAHAHA, you can not say that because it works on a PS2 and Xbox port from disc it will work on Dreamcast disc! Atomiswave porting already showed issues with CDI even from Metal Slug 6. Transfer speeds just are not as fast unles you are running an ODE.

stranno

Registered
Mar 28, 2020
AGName
stranno
But those are ports.

The original game relies on flash rom cartridges so it "expects" much higher data rate.

In order to fix that I guess you have to delay things or idle functions to wait for slower devices like the CD/SD/ODE.

Last edited:

MKKhanzo

Registered
Aug 13, 2019

Obviously, they had the src code of it available for porting and assigning the data loads etc

Wich makes me wonder... KOF XI, NeoWave and Samurai Shodown are all on ps2...

Wouldnt that happen that they built a custom emulator for thwir Atomiswave releases on ps2?

My point is: NeoWave was ALSO on OG Xbox... If the point of them using a custom emu is true, wouldnt that lead us onto loading the Atomiswave titles not released for Xbox using that method?

Reactions: Xaeroxcore

Anthony817

Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AG Join Date
May 12, 2010
I don't know about that, I mean, they had to use the source to port those games. I am not seeing the PS2 or Xbox being anywhere near fast enough to emulate the Dreamcast/Atomiswave. Even now, while good, Dreamcast Emulation is still far from perfect. You need something multiples or times faster than either one of those systems, especially the PS2 which is what, almost 100 mhz faster than the 200 mhz Dreamcast?

That does make me wonder if Metal Slug 6 on the Anthology is a native port to the PS2 and PSP while the other games on disc are emulated from Neo Geo? Seems like that was the only way to do it? Or were all of the games native ports to the Sony hardware?

madsheep

Jun 26, 2019
AGName
madsheep
AG Join Date
Jul 19, 2013
Any one that have with the original carts can they upload a good scans thanks?

Make a donation