Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

A massive thank you to everyone whos signed up so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would just like to say a massive thank you to everyone. Starting a new forum is a very chicken and egg situation - people don't register as there's no content and there's no content because no one registers.

So far we have had hundreds of users register and more importantly - you guys are posting and bringing over posts of value from assemblergames.

I couldn't be more proud of how this community has banded together to make this happen. You have all taken the challenge and ran with it - exceeding all expectations.

From me and all the staff (and the community at large) - Thank you all!

Return to: Site News
The sentiment feels like it is changing from one of dismay and sadness to one of hope and excitement. OG feels like it will be great and the staff are awesome. Damien/Demon is one of the hardest working people I have seen and it is wonderful to see OG take off. Feels like a new home. :)

We aren't about to come over here pouting about what we lost on AG.
We keep our head up, bite our lip, and keep at it.
We will never be silenced.
We will band together and keep this going.
We will bring over valuable information.
We will discover betas and unreleased games.
We will share our obscure hardware.
We will share what we know for others to find.
We will hunt out the rare and obscure.

We are no longer the people of ASSEMbler.
We are now Obscure.

We are Obscure Gamers.
We are the OG.

Last edited:
Would just like to say a massive thank you to everyone. Starting a new forum is a very chicken and egg situation - people don't register as there's no content and there's no content because no one registers.

So far we have had hundreds of users register and more importantly - you guys are posting and bringing over posts of value from assemblergames.

I couldn't be more proud of how this community has banded together to make this happen. You have all taken the challenge and ran with it - exceeding all expectations.

From me and all the staff (and the community at large) - Thank you all!
Couldn't have said it better myself, it's quite astonishing just how smoothly things have gone this time around, and I would also like to personally thank every member who has signed up over the past few days. :)

Thank you to everyone who has signed up to this forum since OG relaunched. Keep up the great work, and don't ever let down any effort in archiving and preserving game history. :)

Reactions: Vorde and kabojnk
We aren't about to come over here pouting about what we lost on AG.
We keep our head up, bite our lip, and keep at it.
We will never be silenced.
We will band together and keep this going.
We will bring over valuable information.
We will discover betas and unreleased games.
We will share our obscure hardware.
We will share what we know for others to find.
We will hunt out the rare and obscure.

We are no longer the people of ASSEMbler.
We are now Obscure.

We are Obscure Gamers.
We are the OG.
All I can say is, wow. Very powerful, but true words. As I've said before and I'll say it again, here's to new beginnings! There are no more boundaries that were set by ASSEMbler, and best of all, we aren't being hit by sudden ultimatums (you know which one I'm talking about if you've already read it) or problems that inevitably break communities apart. We start with a clean slate and look at how far we've come already in a few days. It's amazing. In the last few days, I've been highly appreciative of what the kind people here at OG have done for us. Give us a new home and honour us in terms of acknowledging our achievements at AG. Here's to a bright future with OG and to many more memories!

Kind regards,

FromAllAspects

Last edited:
As I walked to a close store and back for some breakfast I gave my last words in first post a good deep think. Those last words have a LOT more meaning than one thinks initially.

ASSEMbler Games has been the go to place for obscure information for many years. Now it will not be anymore due to the shutdown and lack of new postings that will be on the cached copies.

Many of the members have migrated here. This includes long time ones that have posted a LOT of important info. We also have other core members who have given stuff over time that makes them just as important. Some are even newer members.

Point is we have them here now. These people are the OG in the original term. They are here now. This is our home and where the history will be kept. This place will now become the go to for obscure info. This place has become the OG for obscure stuff.

OG "Original Gangsta" as is used by many now to represent long time members or those who have done noteworthy things. That applies here.

OG Obscure Gamers. Need I say more? LOL

damn i didn,t know how fast i needed to register an account here after the news i heard about AG i will always think back about AG and they will be missed hopefully we can restore as much of AG right here!

Thanks for giving us a new place to call home! Anytime I see people ask what happened to Assembler after it fully shuts down, I will link them to this great community be it over on Reddit, Youtube or wherever I may roam.

• Love
Reactions: nemezidych and 1
Everyone came together. It's awesome, thanks everyone.
Regardless of what happens, we stick together. I appreciate all the members who didn't lose hope and most of all, I appreciate the team that made all of this possible. Our new home, OG. Thank you to everyone who made this possible.

Kind regards,

FromAllAspects

Reactions: SuperH and Pinta77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Make a donation