Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

2018 Xbox Compatibility Update for Xbox 360 XDKs (or JTAG/RGH)

Mathieulh

Problem Solver
Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Mathieulh
AG Join Date
01/01/2006
Hi everyone, I just posted the patches from the hacked 5829 build of the compatibility update (from 2011) to the latest 2018 (build 5832) version

I would assume some of you might be interested in this.

JustAnyone

Donator
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jan 20, 2019
AGName
mindaugasgt
AG Join Date
Jul 10, 2018
Thank you so much! I was wondering if another patched backwards compatibility update will pop out someday!

cta

Registered
Jun 7, 2019
Appreciated, though with the frequency you're updating and re-releasing I think I'll stay away for a couple days until things settle down a bit o_O

JustAnyone

Donator
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jan 20, 2019
AGName
mindaugasgt
AG Join Date
Jul 10, 2018
what does HUD support mean? sorry for a dumb question

JustAnyone

Donator
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jan 20, 2019
AGName
mindaugasgt
AG Join Date
Jul 10, 2018
nevermind, i think i got it, thanks for the new link btw!

Mathieulh

Problem Solver
Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Mathieulh
AG Join Date
01/01/2006
Appreciated, though with the frequency you're updating and re-releasing I think I'll stay away for a couple days until things settle down a bit o_O
This should be my final release for the emulator, I tried having FSD3 works in the ingame menu by increasing the xex priviledges for the emulators but that didn't pan out.

unseen4ce

Registered
Nov 2, 2019
I updated with this compatibility package and Kingdoms Under Fire: Crusaders still doesnt work.
Yet it should work as it was one of the last games to receive compatibility update. I was really hoping KUF would work with this. Get an error message similar to this guy:

Attachments

• Qlreiyql.png.jpg
    Qlreiyql.png.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 0

unseen4ce

Registered
Nov 2, 2019
I am now getting an error code when playing Black which I never got before. It is about the region code. I am getting this error after updating with this compatibility pack. Cant run it.

Seems I lost my save games too, which isnt a big deal, but that didnt happen when I updated my compatibility pack the last time.

JustAnyone

Donator
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jan 20, 2019
AGName
mindaugasgt
AG Join Date
Jul 10, 2018
I am now getting an error code when playing Black which I never got before. It is about the region code. I am getting this error after updating with this compatibility pack. Cant run it.

Seems I lost my save games too, which isnt a big deal, but that didnt happen when I updated my compatibility pack the last time.
strange, i didn't lose mine
maybe you accidentally deleted compatibility folder in regular partition? it contains all save data

Mathieulh

Problem Solver
Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Mathieulh
AG Join Date
01/01/2006
I updated with this compatibility package and Kingdoms Under Fire: Crusaders still doesnt work.
Yet it should work as it was one of the last games to receive compatibility update. I was really hoping KUF would work with this. Get an error message similar to this guy:

Hum... I have no issues with Kingdom Under Fire Heroes here (no idea about Crusaders)
192.168.2.161-image21.jpg

Are you using the latest build? It appears you are using the WIP version that still uses the 5829 front end as seen in your picture, please update it.

On a sidenote I released an update with cross game chat support (untested) here, I also added a bugfix for xefu3.xex which wasn't region free:

Last edited:

unseen4ce

Registered
Nov 2, 2019
Hey thanks for the reply. Do you mean Kingdom under fire Heroes? I dont know hermes...
Anyways the picture is not mine, I am linking to a thread where they describe the issue ...that it is saying they are on version 5829 even after updating. And they couldnt run KUF ...the same error message I am still getting with this new version.

I have no idea why KUF isnt running, why that error message about connectivity would stop the game. I have used two different isos.

Thanks for the advice JustAnyone. And it's great that the region free thing has been updated.

Mathieulh

Problem Solver
Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Mathieulh
AG Join Date
01/01/2006
Hey thanks for the reply. Do you mean Kingdom under fire Heroes? I dont know hermes...
Anyways the picture is not mine, I am linking to a thread where they describe the issue ...that it is saying they are on version 5829 even after updating. And they couldnt run KUF ...the same error message I am still getting with this new version.

I have no idea why KUF isnt running, why that error message about connectivity would stop the game. I have used two different isos.

Thanks for the advice JustAnyone. And it's great that the region free thing has been updated.

Yes, sorry; I meant Heroes, I was using my cell phone and autocorrect happened.

Whoever they are, they need to use the latest version of this hack.

unseen4ce

Registered
Nov 2, 2019
Thanks alot man, Black is working again!
Anyways in your knowledgeable opinion why would Kingdoms Under Fire have that error code? (it still has it)
I am thinking it has to be the iso since you have Heroes working...

unseen4ce

Registered
Nov 2, 2019
I now have a disc copy of KUF crusaders. The thing is that it works on a non modded console. It has the same message I posted before about online features being disabled but then proceeds to boot the game. From the disc.

On a modded console it displays the message and then never boots the game. I am sure this is the case with other xbox original games that also disable live features. The modded console must have some sort of disk check feature removed, and thus the disk is never booted after this 'online features' message.

I am most definitely using the most recent files.

Reactions: ShakeMadMan

Make a donation