||28th February 1999
T'ai Fu: Wrath of the Tiger is a PlayStation
game released in 1999, developed by DreamWorks Interactive (who would later be named EA Los Angeles, and finally Danger Close Games) and published by Activision. The game is set in an oriental landscape populated by clans of animals, such as leopards and snakes. The game's protagonist, T'ai Fu, is the last remaining survivor of the Tiger clan and must journey to defeat the Dragon Master and avenge his kind. On the way, he learns about his clouded past and masters several Kung Fu styles, one from each clan master he defeats.
For more information on this game and its origins, do read the Unseen64
Known Builds (top)
|T'ai Fu - Wrath of the Tiger Builds|
|T'ai Fu - Wrath of the Tiger||October 28, 1998||Release|
Oct 28 1998 Build Information (top)
This build was found by contacting someone on an obscure Russian forum, who agreed to share the beta with a man known as Robert, who was then contacted by Spaceman
, and agreed to share the beta with Spaceman and the Obscure Gamers for a public release. Appears to have originated from Russian bootlegs, before they were hacked together with Russian translation for the local market.
This build is dated months before final, includes debugging functions, and a few differences.
Oct 28 1998 Build Differences (top)
- Cutscenes are a lot longer in the prototype.
- References to death remain in the prototype.
- Different camera angles.
- Pressing triangle button on the first controller will enable free movement mode.
- Controls are different in comparison to the final.
- Different level designs, most levels were changed for the final to make them easier.
- You can do repeated punches in the prototype.
- Different sound effects for character and enemies.
- Different animations when coming back from the dead.
- The player can spawn in different angles/positions when they respawn from death.
Build Footage (top)
Build Pictures (top)